• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I came-out at 21. rejected

Mtf girl Dogemilataka

I came-out at 21 to my mother and was swiftly rejected by her...now 25 (born 3 may 1996), I've moved out and have started to transition, "crossdress" and was going to start estrogen and testosterone blockers, but still...apprehensive, I know I'm a girl, just scared of my hormones in flux (already asked about that in the get category)

• Admin

I'm so sorry to hear that your parent rejected you, hon.  It's never been easy for me to understand that, but I know that it's a common occurrence.  I take it that there's been no reconciliation?  If so, that is a sad thing.  I know how much that must hurt.

I strongly suggest you talk with a gender therapist or experienced endocrinologist, who may be able to ease your mind about HRT.  It is no panacea, but it can be a real blessing if done right.  Please let us know what specific questions or concerns you have, and we may be able to help, too.

Carolyn Marie

2 hours ago, Carolyn Marie said:

I'm so sorry to hear that your parent rejected you, hon.  It's never been easy for me to understand that, but I know that it's a common occurrence.  I take it that there's been no reconciliation?  If so, that is a sad thing.  I know how much that must hurt.

I strongly suggest you talk with a gender therapist or experienced endocrinologist, who may be able to ease your mind about HRT.  It is no panacea, but it can be a real blessing if done right.  Please let us know what specific questions or concerns you have, and we may be able to help, too.

Carolyn Marie

We talk, just can't talk about the "t topic", mother is very divided, father has no idea or pretends he has no idea, couldn't or really wouldn't accept me, so doesn't.

I appreciate it sweetie, thank you

@Dogemilataka Honestly at 25 you are old enough to know your own mind, hopefully you have a support network of friends who love you for who you are. Some folks just can't get over their programming and never learn, you cannot live for them, but hope that they will  one day accept you. I have been surprised by some of the people who have been fine with me wanting to be myself, but the advice of a therapist or counsellor is sound. They can make such a difference.

I would point out though that if you already know you identify as a woman then you are only really crossdressing when you pretend you aren't for the sake of others.

• Forum Moderator

Welcome dear,

We cannot live our lives simply to please others ideas of who we are while hiding ourselves.  I would suggest you find a gender therapist.  Mine helped me understand that my identity was mine alone as well as letting me find myself by  looking at the past and thinking of the future.

Hugs,

Charlize