• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Trans life is often strife, but Jane has supportive family. Always Jane'

Davie

Trans life is too often portrayed in terms of struggle and strife. So while this new four-part docuseries, offering an intimate portrait of transgender teen Jane Noury as she navigates various challenging personal issues, verges on gushing in places, that’s fair enough under the circumstances. Happily, Jane is facing life with the support of what appears to be an incredibly loving and supportive family – the series balances issues unique to Jane with a cheerful and pretty universal depiction of functional everyday family life. Amazon Prime Video, from Friday 12 November.
Trailer here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRS6ctP4w_M

• Admin

Good to hears about some accurate and uplifting media for Trans folks these days.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Davie said:

Happily, Jane is facing life with the support of what appears to be an incredibly loving and supportive family

This is key. Support makes all the difference. I WISH I had that back in my teen years. I hope they manage to highlight that message a lot. Support your damn kids. Too many parents need to keep hearing it.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

The trailer certainly looks sweet and real.  Hopefully more families find a way to be this supportive.  It does certainly take a family to transition because everybody changes with us.  Unfortunately some break up.  It is fortunately getting better.

Hugs,

Charlize

@Davie thanks for the tip!  Just watched episode 1 and it is refreshingly upbeat, while still covering the uncertainty prior to and at her coming out, and discomfort associated with bullying and antagonistic questions at high school.  In other words, a real but positive documentary.  In a word, yay!

Astrid

Watched two of the four episodes. Very cuddly supportive family (adopt me please?) and I'm glad to not have her deadname or pictures of her pre-transition haven't popped up as far as I can tell. 

Yes, @Astrid"a real but positive documentary" for sure. What if trans people were just people and not some political football? "I was born like this," says Jane. So are we all, except the bigots—they had to be willfully taught to hate. Love will win if we all work for it. That's my prayer to heaven and to my father—spiritual healing can overcome evil teaching. Rights are god-given, not handed out to the privileged few.

Acceptance is love,

— Davie

On 11/14/2021 at 4:22 AM, RhondaS said:

Watched two of the four episodes. Very cuddly supportive family (adopt me please?) and I'm glad to not have her deadname or pictures of her pre-transition pop up as far as I can tell. 

And then in a later episode they do, but I'll give them credit for holding off from opening with that bit.