• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It's Officially Boot Weather

Sally Stone

Well y'all, it's officially boot weather.  The thermometer was hovering at the freezing mark this morning as I was getting dressed, so I decided I was going to wear knee-high boots.  Apparently, a lot of other women agreed with my choice of footwear, because tall boots were everywhere I looked.  Most women were pairing their boots with jeans of leggings, but I was happy to see quite a few ladies, who like me, were showing off their legs.  Personally, I think tall boots paired with a skirt or a dress is a great look.  With so many women wearing boots this morning, it is obvious boot wearing weather has arrived.  Yippee!    

• Forum Moderator

I went shopping on Friday with a nice pair of boots as itv was cool and raining on and off.  I paired them with an almost floor length heavy denim skirt.  I have several of those skirts which i find amazingly comfortable.  When mid winter comes, combined with fleece leggings,  i am as toasty as can be even in high snowy winds.  I get a layer of ice on the hem which crackles  and thumps on my boots as i walk.  Almost as good as my insulated Cahart coveralls which i wear when snow plowing on the open tractor.

Hugs,

Charlize

• 1 year later...

Okay, it's getting to be boot weather again, so I am re-energizing this thread.  If any of you have followed my adventures , post-Covid, searching for a new pair of tall boots (written about in other threads), you remember what a challenge that has been.  After Covid, the only tall boots I could find in my size where boots for women with wide calves.  I have fairly thin calves, so wide calf boots don't look good on me.  Pickings are still pretty slim, but this morning I found a pair of knee boots that have adjustable laces in the back allowing you to customize the width of the calf.  I ordered a pair immediately.  Hopefully, this is a solution that will work and now I can't wait for them to arrive.  I got them from Avenue.com.  The color is "steel."

322836293_PerryKneeBoot(back).thumb.png.749e95fea81399d6d06aa0473bf58520.png1337601326_PerryKneeBoot(side).thumb.png.929f16044e8a4c958199187c8a030557.png

• 4 weeks later...

I also think the look of knee high boots paired with skirts or dresses can be very attractive. Of course, with larger feet I always struggle to find shoes and boots that don't scream "stripper" and that are comfortable. I've been tring to find a pair of black, knee high boots for awhile and just happened on a pair on Amazon - their Amazon Essentials brand - that were available in a women's 12.5 with a wide calf. I don't have very wide calves but the reviews said the boots were really not that wide so I figured I'd try them - and at $44 for the pair I figured it was worth a shot.

They turned out to be a perfect fit - not wide in the calf at all and very comfortable. I can't wait to wear them - our temperatures have been higher than normal this week so I've enjoyed skorts, shorts and t-shirts. But, colder weather is coming next week. Time to move into skirts, sweaters and.....boots!!

2060525938_AmazonEssentialKneeHighRidingBoots.thumb.jpg.07970a41a39044ecd1317d0106899d5d.jpg

• Forum Moderator
25 minutes ago, April Marie said:

I always struggle to find shoes and boots that don't scream "stripper" and that are comfortable

I certainly know this problem.  It often seems that as a larger person "kinky" boots are all that is available.  That pair looks good!

Hugs,

Charlize