• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Voice feminization--Practice together on Zoom?

Kasumi63

Anyone else just looking for someone to practice with? I live in Japan, but I'm sure that we could come up with times that work. Mornings or evenings work best, but I'm quite flexible. Maybe we could even make a group if we have more interest. 

• 3 weeks later...

Darn! I was really hoping I'd have some takers. I really, really need practice, and I was guessing some of you guys do, too. Oh, well. Guess I'll keep practicing on my own.

2 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

Darn! I was really hoping I'd have some takers. I really, really need practice, and I was guessing some of you guys do, too. Oh, well. Guess I'll keep practicing on my own.

Looks like i missed this request. initially. i would be interested in something like this, perhaps over zoom?

Hi, Agnes. Yes, that's what I was thinking. Just once a week or even once a month is fine, I think. If we got a few people together that would be even better. From EST, if you add two hours, you get my time (with day and night reversed, of course). Weekends would probably be best, but I'm pretty flexible. Please note: I don't have much of a feminine voice at all, so no one should be worried. I'm thinking  just for practice.

1 hour ago, Kasumi63 said:

Hi, Agnes. Yes, that's what I was thinking. Just once a week or even once a month is fine, I think. If we got a few people together that would be even better. From EST, if you add two hours, you get my time (with day and night reversed, of course). Weekends would probably be best, but I'm pretty flexible. Please note: I don't have much of a feminine voice at all, so no one should be worried. I'm thinking  just for practice.

I am taking lessons a couple days a month, both private and insurance, so I have exercises I’m supposed to practice. Like saying “Here kitty kitty kitty” in increasing pitches while being conscious of changing resonance in the face. I do it while I’m out walking my dog when no one is around. Lol

i also just got a tracheal shave yesterday so the feeling in the Adam’s apple region is a bit different now.

So yeah it would be fun to practice and get feedback from someone other than my dog! Lol

do you have a zoom account that lasts longer than 40 minutes?

Hi There,

After some discussions about the desire to voice chat with each other to get some experience using our voices in a safe space. I created a discord server for that purpose, there's only a few of us from the TransPulse discord server in there (TransPulse discord does not have a voice chat) and I did get permission to post the link in the TransPulse discord, though the bots removed it immediately so I'm going to assume it's ok to post here as well. So feel free to join, we haven't done a whole lot of voice chats, but again, mostly due to not many of us there.

https://discord.gg/wdXJtMmE3u

HUGS

Thanks for doing that. Hopefully, we can agree on some set times for practicing. I'll check out the Discord link.

I'm fairly new to discord. i created an account for Agnes-Bardsie, and I did a search for Kasumi and found you, but nothing came up for Kara. How do we connect?

My name is not Kara, I have it changed here as was no longer comfortable having my real name on public forum. I did see you joined the discord, you just need to hit the little trans flag emoji reaction at the bottom of the rules in the discord channel and then you'll see the others and channels for voice and chat 

ok, seeing lots of channels. gaming, offtopic, pokemon, etc. i did the #introduce yourself, and green check mark under server rules. not seeing a trans flag emoji though. I have made posts in the mtf folder in the past. what am i missing?

Hi @AgnesBardsie I have just hone and had a look, like you I missed this post first time round. I am quite happy with my voice, even though I am not full time yet, but it is always good to practice!

When you click on the link click on the #welcome, and then under the rules the very last sentence is a small trans flag emoji. click on that and it opens up the lounge, from there its just a case of actually messaging and setting up voice chats at specific times. 

33 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Hi @AgnesBardsie I have just hone and had a look, like you I missed this post first time round. I am quite happy with my voice, even though I am not full time yet, but it is always good to practice!

When you click on the link click on the #welcome, and then under the rules the very last sentence is a small trans flag emoji. click on that and it opens up the lounge, from there its just a case of actually messaging and setting up voice chats at specific times. 

I would love to talk to people who are happy with their voices and perhaps be mentored by them!

On 12/3/2021 at 10:42 PM, AgnesBardsie said:

I would love to talk to people who are happy with their voices and perhaps be mentored by them!

Yes, me, too! I've taken lessons and practice quite a bit, but I haven't made much progress. Very depressing.

I'm interested! Is there a time set, or just check in to see if someone is on? I haven't used Discord yet, so this should be fun! 

Hugs!

Delcina

My throat is still recovering from a tracheal shave, it's a bit hoarse, a little too much mucous production going on. However, the doctor said there was no restriction on talking, so yea, I'm game. I think we're all in a variety of time zones. US East Coast/West Coast, UK, Japan, 

Japan - JST (UTC +9) - Tue, Dec 7, 2021 - 2:00 pm

West Coast, USA - PST (UTC -8) - Mon, Dec 6, 2021 - 9:00 pm

East Coast, USA - EST (UTC -5) - Tue, Dec 7, 2021 - 12:00 midn

United Kingdom - GMT (UTC +0) - Tue, Dec 7, 2021 - 5:00 am

Could be interesting!

On 12/6/2021 at 9:07 PM, Delcina B said:

I'm interested! Is there a time set, or just check in to see if someone is on? I haven't used Discord yet, so this should be fun! 

Hugs!

Delcina

There's no set time, but once you're in you can chat with the others there and I'm sure you'll find a person or two that might be on at the same time as you. Typically I'm on m-f between 9 and 2 EST depending on how busy it is at work I'll join the voice chat when it's not overly busy.

Thanks @Kara Zor-El! I'll get a Discord account. I can probably get some practice during that time frame after school's done with my granddaughters.

Something I noticed while practicing is using an accent seems to help, maybe it's because I'm making that voice change helps me hit the feminine voice range.

Hugs!

Delcina

33 minutes ago, Delcina B said:

Thanks @Kara Zor-El! I'll get a Discord account. I can probably get some practice during that time frame after school's done with my granddaughters.

Something I noticed while practicing is using an accent seems to help, maybe it's because I'm making that voice change helps me hit the feminine voice range.

Hugs!

Delcina

My voice therapist gave me a couple of dozen phrases to humm, chant and speak. I’d love to do that with an audience other than my dog, who either thinks I’m nuts or approves every word, depending on when she last ate!

• 6 months later...

Anyone want to go back to the zoom idea? Discord doesn’t work for me. I hate my voice and would like to practice 

• 4 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 11:25 AM, Aggie1 said:

my dog, who either thinks I’m nuts or approves every word, depending on when she last ate!

Ah, to have the life of a dog.  The practice with others over zoom idea sounds like a great idea (don't think I'm ready for it yet).
I only had 3 voice therapy sessions before dropping out.  My voice therapist told me that I was going falsetto again abut 5 times in my 3rd session when I told her I have no idea what that means.  She explained it to me but I cannot hear it in my own voice - too stressful.  I joined what I thought would be my 4th session only to be told that I didn't have an appointment (Email said I did).  I canceled all future appointments after that.
Note:  My therapist said I was making amazing progress at the end of my 3rd session, but that comment seemed to be in direct contradiction of how many times she pulled me up for going falsetto.  I set a very high standard  for myself when it comes to academic pursuits, anything less than 'High Distinction' was a fail in my world.