• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transgender Awareness Week and Transgender Day of Remembrance & Resilience

VickySGV

• Admin

This is Transgender Awareness Week and on Saturday is the Transgender Day of Remembrance, a celebration of the lives of Trans People who died by violence as the result of being Trans.  I am linking the page for GLAAD which is a news organization for the LGBT community.

https://www.glaad.org/tdor

Many community observances are including the theme of Transgender Resilience in their activities which I personally think is a wonderful point to be made.  We will keep coming on and being in society in spite of our losses.

• Admin

Thanks for the reminder and the link, @VickySGV.  That this year marks the most horrendous in our long history of being attacked, ridiculed and harassed, its even more important for us to stand tall and say to the world; WE ARE HERE, WE ARE PROUD, AND WE ARE NOT GOING ANYWHERE!

Carolyn Marie

Thank you Vicky!

Hugs!

Delcina

(My therapist told me today hugs need to last 20 seconds to work, One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three ...)

2 hours ago, Delcina B said:

Thank you Vicky!

Hugs!

Delcina

(My therapist told me today hugs need to last 20 seconds to work, One thousand one, one thousand two, one thousand three ...)

Delfina, I was raised in a family of huggers, and I’m not talking about the one arm man hug. I agree with the 20 second rule. When someone is hurting then the longer the better. That being said: Digital Hugs are still from the heart. ❤️ 

To keep with the theme of this thread: My first true trans heartbreak, was 8 almost 9 years ago now. I had developed a close connection and contact with Kaylee Alees Johnson, aka Hopefulkylee on YouTube. We had long conversations about deep down depression, and heartache. She was a true spirit of real high on life, and then down and out. She finally reached a point of no return and chose to leave this world. Her channel is still up in memory of her and the things that moved her. She is loved and missed by more people than she knew. 

Mindy??️‍⚧️??❤️??

Thank you @Mmindy for sharing this. I can only imagine how you feel the loss. Just reading what you wrote of what happened & watching some of Kaylee's videos where she was so upbeat makes my heart heavy with sadness.

Hugs!

Delcina

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 97 Guests (See full list)

• awkward-yet-sweet
    • Mmindy
    • VickySGV
    • Colleen Henderson
    • Heather Nicole
    • Abigail Eleanor
    • Diana Stone
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Suraj Sharma
    Newest Member
    Suraj Sharma

1. abstractemp
      abstractemp
      (26 years old)
    2. Aeroswift99
      Aeroswift99
    3. Kelly2509
      Kelly2509
      (47 years old)
    4. Willow
      Willow
      (74 years old)
    • VickySGV
      I fully agree that this is best discussed with the child's parents.  It may also be something more important to you really than the child. In my early day's I had one young child that way in my life and comments of that nature were just the child's way of showing interest and concern in me.  
    • KymmieL
      Thanks to all my family here on TP. You are the best. @Mmindythat would be great for all of us to have coffee, together. we would have to warn were ever we went to make sure they had enough coffee for us.   @Willow Happy Birthday, my girlfriend.   Hugs to you all.   Kymmie
    • Colleen Henderson
      I've been devoting time lately to my late-in-life hobby: an on-line radio station. I spent 13 years in the industry back in the 80s and early 90s, both out on the air and in copywriting and production. In terms of audience, I'm pretty much targeting people close to or in my age group. I think the scientific term is "fossils".   I'm getting positive feedback from this toy of mine. It turns out that when you do something just for fun it can impact people in a positive way. Who knew?
    • Mara.something
      Hello,   One of my best friends has an autistic 11-year-old. I have known them for about seven years. When I transitioned 18 months ago, the child had questions about the new situation. I explained things as best as I could and answered every question. They have had no problem adjusting to my new name or my new pronouns.   But they have repeatedly made comments in my presence like "when is she going to sound like a woman?"   I have had two conversations about this topic previously with her. I tried "well, I have been speaking this way for fifty years and it has been very hard to change." Then I tried "not all women have to sound a certain way in order to be women." Neither has been effective. Is there another line I am not thinking of that will be clearer? Or is this just going to be an eternal thing?   I do not feel my attempts at voice feminization have been very successful, so when I am among friends I often don't try very hard. I am not angry when they make these comments, but it does hurt a little when I am reminded of the fact that I am 'different' than other woman in their eyes.   I intend to discuss this more with their parents, but I wanted to get any tips from y'all before I do so.   thanks in advance!    
    • Mmindy
      Coffees for all. I wish we could really have coffee together. I would even make a coffee pot for the occasion.    Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      That was a great read.    Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Jani
      Wonderful news!  
    • Jani
      Kymmie I am sorry to read of your family's loss.  Hold on to your family.   Jani 
    • Ivy
      Kymmie- sorry for your loss.  It must have been a shock to you all.
    • Cyndee
      @KymmieLSorry to read about your Brother in law Kymmie, how tragic, thoughts be with you and your family.    @WillowHappy birthday young lady   Cyndee 
    • Mmindy
      Good afternoon everyone,    @KymmieL I’m sorry for your family loss, and hold you and yours up in prayer.    Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • VickySGV
      While the Los Angeles area is much safer than many areas, even we have our problems from time to time.  No direct evidence in this case, and maybe none ever, but the Holiday Season with parties in many welcoming and supposedly safe places have a problem with  "Date Rape" drugging/  A Trans friend of mine whom @Carolyn Marie may know or at least know of was the victim of that a year ago. The person is a survivor but is still dealing with the physical and psychological aspects of the experience.  I am there for the person, but they are having a tough time still.  Please be careful about who you are with and what is happening to you.  Make sure there are several people with you and that all of you have each other's backs.  
    • Willow
      @KymmieL oh my!  What a terrible week for your wife.  I am so sorry.  My sincere condolences for your you, your wife and sons.   Hugs   Willow
    • Delcina B
      Welcome Jennie! Glad you're here! Happy for you being accepted by family & work! As for bad decisions & consequences, hmmm, me too. There are posts on the forum here with tips on solving some of the problems you mention. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.   Hugs! Delcina 
    • Marcie Jensen
      @KymmieL, I'm sorry for your loss. It's sad to lose a family member; so sad that mere words aren't adequate. It's especially hard during this time of year. You and your family will be in my prayers. May you all find the comfort and healing you need during your tie of grief.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.