• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What piece of clothing you couldn't stand wearing?

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

I believe we all had this. That one piece of clothing that you just hated to wear. Mine was an still is anything that is tight around my neck. I think I have worn a turtle neck once. Ties are one other thing that hate wearing but being male for so long it was necessary evil. 

Male underwear was some of the worse. I cannot believe that I wore tighty whiteys. there is no way in Hell that I would ever give up wearing panties.

Hugs

Kymmie

Suits, ties, any kind of men's formalwear. I used to think what I didn't like about them was the formality and the association with certain not-always-trustworthy professions. Now I realize it had less to do with formality (After all, I love formal dresses!), and more to do with gender.

And like you @KymmieL anything tight around the neck, feels like I'm being choked.

I was never a fan of the cargo pants/shorts trend either, but for me I think that's more just stylistic preference.

Brassieres. How they would accentuate my chest making the breasts appear artificially gravity-defying & sexualized according to social standards, and the feeling of constriction around the chest which would exacerbate dysphoric panic. During lockdown, I stopped wearing them for so long that I finally found the guts to eventually not wear them in public either (with some wardrobe adjustments). An enormous relief. 

I don't like tight collars either especially a tie.  Scarf for warmth is okay tho.

I have been fortunate that my lifestyle kept me out of suits in my guy days.

I also dislike pants in general.

The one thing I do hate, is ball caps.  I was forced to wear them in the military, and then as a uniform on my job for over 30 years.

Men's suits.  Ties.  Pretty much any men's clothing.  But suits are the worst.  I hope I never have to wear another one again.

• Forum Moderator

Absolutely ties. Ties are the worst. After ties came men's formal/business attire in general.

Though @Vidanjali? Most of the time I don't bother with a bra either unless I need the support for some practical reason.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Oh sweetie, they're already free and FIERCE.

Hugs!

Oh, don't get me started.   I have never been inspired by male-oriented clothing in any way.  I think male shoes are the worst.  For as long as I can remember, I have been drawn to, and have a natural fondness for, feminine style clothing.

• 3 months later...

99% of women's shorts drive me insane. They're always way too short, have almost no pocket room, and ride up within 4 nanoseconds of me wearing them. 

On 5/12/2022 at 12:26 PM, Spencer Phoenix said:

99% of women's shorts drive me insane. They're always way too short, have almost no pocket room, and ride up within 4 nanoseconds of me wearing them. 

But that 1% that do fit are glorious! I love my jean shorts and hope they never wear out. Sooooo comfortable.  The small pockets in front aren't useful for much, bur then that prevents bulges. There are lots large pockets on rear for cellphones. But since I carry everything in my shoulder bag, it's fine.

Astrid 

F-ING. WOMEN'S. SWIMSUITS.

I can't even begin to list the things wrong with those cursed things. You bend down to pick up a shell and BOOM. Cleavage for everyone. You wear a bikini bottom? Good luck pulling it over your butt. 

This is coming from someone who had to fight to buy swim shorts and am currently looking into men's surf tops. The dudes in the pictures have the same bust size as me, it'll fit.

23 hours ago, Sol said:

I can't even begin to list the things wrong with those cursed things. You bend down to pick up a shell and BOOM. Cleavage for everyone. You wear a bikini bottom? Good luck pulling it over your butt. 

This is coming from someone who had to fight to buy swim shorts and am currently looking into men's surf tops. The dudes in the pictures have the same bust size as me, it'll fit.

I always forget how much I absolutely loathe women's swimsuits until summer rolls around. I would have to spend hours looking for a swimsuit that didn't expose my chest all the time, and usually it wasn't successful. It's actually insane how uncomfy they are

Thankfully, @Spencer Phoenix, I have found a possible solution!

Surf tops.

However, I would exercise some caution because I looked up the women's first, and the posing, some of the styles available, and even the length of the shirt just rubbed me the wrong way. I can't fully articulate why.

I'm trying to figure out the sizing for the men's (at least the models aren't "posing seductively," from what I felt they looked anyway) but I might just have to go shopping next week and see if I have better luck in a store. 

• Forum Moderator
16 hours ago, Spencer Phoenix said:

I always forget how much I absolutely loathe women's swimsuits until summer rolls around. I would have to spend hours looking for a swimsuit that didn't expose my chest all the time, and usually it wasn't successful. It's actually insane how uncomfy they are

I've got a women's suit with a modest neckline and boy-short bottoms you might like. It's pretty unsexy from the front but if you tossed a t-shirt over it you might be good.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07JF3FBZY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hugs!

On 5/21/2022 at 10:38 PM, Sol said:

Not to gloat but I have like, the perfect swimsuit from Killstar. OK it's super feminine (I'm a pretty feminine person even though I'm transmasc, also I've had it since before I started transitioning) but it holds everything in place thanks to the fishnet parts. I think I'll keep it until I get top surgery.

To answer the question of the topic... I'm honestly not sure. I hate ballet flats though, almost always have. I feel like they're neither comfortable nor flattering. Apart than that I still wear dresses and "feminine" clothing, my goal is to be a kind of femboy.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Tellington said:

Not to gloat but I have like, the perfect swimsuit from Killstar.

You said it's from Killstar. I KNOW it's perfect. Probably won't look good on my lack of figure but I absolutely love their aesthetic.

Hugs!

@Jackie C.Sadly it's not on the Killstar website anymore because it's last year's collection. But you may find it on other websites, like the (French one) I linked.

Women's dress shoes, women's  swim wear, tight pants/ pants with no pockets, skirts and bras. Even after measuring size DD will try to get out of wearing a bra, it does nothing...would much rather wear a corset cuz it actually holds what it's supposed to. Mostly pick heavy duty sports bras cuz can get away with it under light track jacket or sweater. Bras are uncomfortable and still do little to remedy managing the gravity of the situation. 

Women dress shoes, I swear are designed to destroy your feet. I love men dress shoes. I will defend my Thursday Wingtips and will stop my day if somebody dare try messing them. 

Women's swim wear makes me question why bother wearing a swimsuit at all, it's obvious they want you to remove these items and run around practically naked. I'll take the surf top or t-shirt w. swimming trunks.

Tight pants and pants with no pocket is a crime against humanity.

Skirts short are just a no, and long skirts gets caught on everything. Also rarely any pockets.

I really like my pockets.🙃

• Forum Moderator
15 minutes ago, Mx.Drago said:

I really like my pockets.🙃

That's funny, I met a transmasc at Keystone who had purchased electrician's pants and then gone and sewn extra pockets into his vest. He was truly living his best life.

Hugs!

I donate the last of my daughter's male clothes 9 months ago, she wanted to part with every piece of it and i don't blame her.  It just seems like once she transitioned, she did not want to go back. 

• Forum Moderator
1 minute ago, MomTGDaughter said:

I donate the last of my daughter's male clothes 9 months ago, she wanted to part with every piece of it and i don't blame her.  It just seems like once she transitioned, she did not want to go back. 

I absolutely feel that. I've donated every thread of my boy clothes. Never liked them anyway.

Also hey mom! Nice to see that you're still with us!

Hugs!