• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What piece of clothing you couldn't stand wearing?

KymmieL

I always hated dressing up as a guy. The only time you could catch me in a suit was at a funeral. I never found the clothes uncomfortable. I just didn't like them. I just wasn't my self wearing them. I was a jeans a t shirt guy, and now I'm a jeans and t shirt woman.

Now I have zero issues dressing up. I dont care if I have to spend two hours looking nice, and have to worry about showing my goods. While it's still not me. I have zero issues dressing up now compared to before.

I dislike clothes in general, but I especially dislike female underwear, and the expectations surrounding it.  

I'm totally flat chested, yet my parents lectured me about wearing a bra.  No good reason!  GF always bought panties for me.  I can't stand them.  I have no interest in looking sexy, and they always felt tight, chafing, and annoying.  I got rid of any remaining female underwear by giving it to my sister and partners.  I mostly wear small cotton boxer shorts. Most hot days that's the only fabric I wear.  

Neckties of any kind but especially bow ties.  Whoever invented them was out of his mind. 

And like @Red_Lauren., nowadays I have no issues at all with getting dressed up. 

1 hour ago, Marcie Jensen said:

Neckties of any kind but especially bow ties.  Whoever invented them was out of his mind. 

And like @Red_Lauren., nowadays I have no issues at all with getting dressed up. 

Hated bow ties and ties!

Im forced to go to church on Sundays so a suit and tie is something I cant stand!! 

neckties and men's belts, now having transitioned to living as a woman I never want to see a belt again/

1 hour ago, claire1000 said:

neckties and men's belts, now having transitioned to living as a woman I never want to see a belt again/

I get it. Used to be, belts were to hold my pants up. Now, they are there to be ornamental.

3 hours ago, claire1000 said:

I'm with the belt haters.  I like my clothes simple and nonrestrictive.  And at least where I live, belts begin to acquire stuff.  Keys, phone, more keys, flashlight, Leatherman, pistol, etc....  My husband's every day belt almost looks like Batman.  Handy for him, but excessive.

At this point, my partners are lucky if they can clip a driver's license, a house key and a $20 bill somewhere on my body before I scamper away.  I don't want to carry anything. 

6 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

I get it. Used to be, belts were to hold my pants up. Now, they are there to be ornamental.

For me they still are used to hold up my pants. I got a booty. 

Gotta join the tie haters club. Have had to wear them most of my life thanks to school uniforms and ridiculous work dress codes and that feeling of being restricted around the neck just gives me the ick.

12 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I like my clothes simple and nonrestrictive. 

I'm with you on this.

My daily go-to outfit is a simple dress, with pockets if possible.  (although I don't put much in them)  I add layers as the weather cools.   If I go anywhere, my purse has plenty of room for my "stuff".

9 hours ago, Red_Lauren. said:

For me they still are used to hold up my pants. I got a booty. 

😁

• 1 month later...

I cannot stand any shirts that are not cotton. Like sweaters and jackets is fine but if you give me anything that's a shirt but not a t-shirt or made from cotton I will be extremely uncomfortable. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/2/2022 at 3:25 PM, claire1000 said:

Men's belts are like most men's clothing...purely functional and boring.  I have a few women's belts that are cute and colorful.

I feel embarrassed to say but I hate shirts that have short sleeves, on me at least. I am self conscious about my underarms so it makes me paranoid that everyone is looking at me when I wear a short sleeve shirt. 

• 3 months later...

I've been rejecting male clothing from a very young age, so that's the obvious answer.  Worst of the male clothing - Ties.
In terms of women's clothing anything that irritates my sensitive nipples (3 months into HRT tomorrow).

• 1 month later...

I don’t like turtle necks, but that’s purely as I don’t like things tight around my neck. The worst clothing before transitioning I’d say is masculine jeans. I hate how baggy they are. I don’t think there’s any feminine clothing I hate. Maybe a polo shirt, but that’s worn by every gender. 

On 12/15/2022 at 3:31 AM, Trans22 said:

Worst of the male clothing - Ties.

Ties do suck.  I was fortunate to work blue collar jobs so there were rarely an issue for me.

I do hate ball caps though.  Hats in general are fine though.  I love a nice floppy-brim witchy looking one.

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, Natalie21 said:

I don’t like turtle necks

On 12/15/2022 at 12:31 AM, Trans22 said:

Worst of the male clothing - Ties.

The two pieces of clothing mentioned above were on the top of my shortlist of clothing I hated wearing back in the day. Although, I was okay with long sleeve mock turtle necks. I guess I didn’t like the feel of too much fabric wrapped around my neck.

The number one item I disliked wearing before buying my own clothing as a teenager was the men’s ‘fruit of the loom’ underwear with the easy access slit in the front. I switched to bikini style jockey underwear after I got my first job. I think those men’s ‘fruit of the looms’ were my main source of gender dysphoria growing up…lol

11 hours ago, Susan R said:

The number one item I disliked wearing before buying my own clothing as a teenager was the men’s ‘fruit of the loom’ underwear with the easy access slit in the front. I switched to bikini style jockey underwear after I got my first job. I think those men’s ‘fruit of the looms’ were my main source of gender dysphoria growing up…lol

Ohmygosh! Did *that* ever bring back long-suppressed memories! I, too, hated those white Fruit of the Looms, practically as baggy as the men's jeans I wore over them.

During my travels thru Europe on my own I was able to start being more adventurous. Fast forward and I haven't worn men's briefs in many years.

On this snowy day here in the Boston area, wearing form-fitting yoga pants alllll day long and feeling so comfy.

Astrid