• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hair Help?

edens

Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but I'm nb (transmac) and not out. I have really long and wavy hair, and I'm honestly tired of it. How could I go from something like this
unknown.png.1a745891b8c5cc0685aba37999f716fb.png

to something more like
b3edf6efa94650f16ac06a4ce0d3d296.png
that? I've been considering cutting it myself, since my parents are so against me cutting my hair at all, but I'm scared to. How can I get it looking the way I want it? How would I cut it? Thanks! (people in photos are not minors fyi)

b3edf6efa94650f16ac06a4ce0d3d296.png

• Forum Moderator

Step one: Find stylist you trust.

Step two: Show them the second picture and say something like, "Me! Want!"

Seriously, I have a friend that would do that for you in a heartbeat.

I would also point out that you are an adult. You can do whatever the heck you want to your hair. Your parent's don't really have a say.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I agree with @Jackie C. it's your hair and you can cut it if you want to. I love the long red hair, and would hope that you consider donating it to a hair charity for those who have lost their hair to cancer or other medical reasons.

Chop, chop, buzz, buzz.

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

I just got a new haircut and it feels good.  You might call around to find a salon that is involved in hair donation.  They would probably do a great job and you might get a discount! 

Jani

Thank you all :] I do plan on donating what I cut, I'm slowly managing to convince my parents. I realize I don't need their permission, I am an adult and it is my hair, but they've always been this way.