• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Can we talk about it: sex?

Bri2020

That got your attention didn't it.  Until recently this wasn't something I was too worried about since I expected to be only engaged with myself. My partner wasn't interested and I wasn't going to push it and lets be real, I will be 57 before I can use my new parts so a decade or so of a sex life wasn't that big of a deal to me in order to have the body I wanted. Fast forward and now I'm single and finding most lesbians my age and older are still very active in that regards. I'm no very interested in having a full sex life.

Statistic say post vaginoplasty (why do we call it that when they are creating a whole Vulva?)  most will be able to achieve an organism.  But after watching this series, it occurs to me that these surgeries were developed by men, and they don't know -crap- about female orgasms.  In fact, most women don't even know the details of their anatomy and what is considered an orgasm. So how are we measuring the success here?  When I do some research, the creation of the neoclitoris is made using a small portion of the penile glans. They do separate out "the nerve bundle" but how is that bundle proportioned? The male nerve bundle doesn't have nearly the amount of the nerve endings and a woman's clitoris so we are already starting at a bit of a disadvantage. Plus, all the nerves won't fit in the tip of the neoclitoris. And it turns out, (news to me) that the clitoris is actually got "wings" that surround the vaginal wall which is part of the arousal/sensual process. Do they relocate some nerves and tissue to recreate this within the walls of the neovagina or are they just concern with the external portion. Do they use the spongiform tissue or cavernous body? It appears from the surgical journals I researched that all that is discarded. My concern is that they just see the Neo-V as a canal and nothing more. I would like to have as close to a full sensation organ as possible.  Of course my poor surgeon is going to get all these questions when I finally see him in two weeks for another thing.

So my big ask for those of you that have been through this: Can you be frank and vulnerable and tell us what to expect post op regarding sex, sunsual perception and ability and quality of organsms?  

I'm hoping this whole topic isn't off limits but it really is a very important discussion to be had in my opinion. There is an opinion out there that the ability to have an organsm post op is over reported because people are too embarrassed to say it didn't work. Given that, the surgeons are all patting themselves on the back thinking they know so much.

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 2.19.35 PM.png

Screen Shot 2022-04-14 at 2.18.45 PM.png

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Video link removed.
  • Admin

The topic is not off limits, but when responding, please remember to keep the discussion PG-13.  Thank you.

Carolyn Marie

• Root Admin

The topic is not off limits, but when responding, please remember to keep the discussion PG-13

Agreed.

According to transwomen Youtubers I've watched, yes, it's a delight and one feels even more womanly. 

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

vaginoplasty (why do we call it that when they are creating a whole Vulva?)

Around here, the government insurance will pay for "vaginoplasty".  So, to get the surgery funded, they have to call it vaginoplasty.  In fact, this is enough of an issue that vulvoplasty (creation of a vulva without a vagina),  "vaginoplasty without cavity", just so that it can be funded without questions from the bean counters.

I had vulvoplasty, so I cannot answer some of your questions.  But a slow, problematic recovery has forced me to read up on the anatomy and how they do the procedure.  They do keep most of the cavernous bodies (corpora cavernosa), but I think they discard most of the spongious body (corpus spongiosum). 

The cavernous body is trimmed for length.  The diagram shows it as being thinner in the female organs.  I do not know if they trim it for width.  Mine feels like it is the full width that it always was.

The nerve and vascular bundle that supplies the glans of the clitoris cannot be trimmed for length.  Instead, it is folded around the trimmed end of the cavernous body.  It originates on the top side, and ends up underneath, approaching the glans from the front.

The base of the cavernous body is mostly unaltered, as far as I can tell.  I have a small dimple where a vagina would be (just for appearance's sake), but it is nowhere near the cavernous body.  I am not sure if they do some alterations there for those who get the "full meal deal".

Sensitivity-wise, everything is fully functional.  Touching the glans feels like it always did, though obviously only the small part that still exists can respond.  When the cavernous body is engorged, it feels like it always did, though obviously the forward part is missing.

Beyond that, however, I can't say how the ensemble functions.  I had a lot of post-surgical pain, and it is only now, two years later, that it is starting to settle down.  I hope to take it out for a solo test drive sometime soon.

(I hope that is suitably PG-13.  Heck, I even included some Latin! :)  )