• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

FL Health Department Refutes Guidance On Trans Youth Health

Carolyn Marie

The Florida Department of Health guidance...also said that “social gender transition should not be a treatment option for children or adolescents.”

So, staying in the closet seems to be the only acceptable "treatment". Extremely and obviously bigoted. I can't understand why people are so threatened by gender diversity - like, intellectually/academically I understand the phenomenon of fearing & therefore resisting/fighting the unknown, but practically speaking & applied on such a large scale, it's so creepy. Nancy Reagan just said no to drugs. Ron DeSantis: just say no to education/freedom/equity/diversity 

12 minutes ago, Vidanjali said:

The Florida Department of Health guidance...also said that “social gender transition should not be a treatment option for children or adolescents.”

I mean….   What?   Make cross-dressing a crime again?

If they have their way we'll be arrested for walking down the street, like 50yrs ago.  

There's nothing like the "Good Old Days."  Bring back the "walking while trans" laws./s

If we can't talk about being transgender, we shouldn't let kids see it either.   It's only right./s

MTG has the right idea.  Tr****s should be "beaten into the ground" as she put it./s

Sigh.

• Forum Moderator

The right wing has used the glbt community as a punching bag historically.  As they folks around Disney World feel their additional tax burden enough voters will hopefully remove the crazies.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Admin

The governors of both Florida and Texas want to be the next POTUS and they are trying to outdo each other on headline issues it seems.  I belong to a couple of sites where actual scientists have gathered, and have already received six publications that show where the Florida information has been seriously trashed by newer research, and where fatal flaws have been found in the methodologies of the Florida cited "science".  While I can read and understand the papers I have been sent, they do have problems of readability for the ordinary voter who is ill trained to read actual Professional papers.  I have to do a little "housecleaning" to get to the meat of the actual findings myself, but I am able to see what has been learned.  Luckily, my computer will let me copy from *.pdf documents so I can get in and edit them enough by taking out citation notes in the text so I can more easily get their information that is helpful.  Dunning / Kruger Effect is running wild there it seems.  

Right wing is big on basing loud opinions off of ignorance. One case of that is that they don't believe gay, trans, intersex, etc really exist in the first place, hence their conclusions about it all being a "choice", and "indoctrination", something that's forced onto kids, etc. It's all about starting from stubborn ignorance and emotional reactionism, and then building beliefs off of that.

(That's also the reason for the frequent anti-science sentinents, because it doesn't support the ignorance-fueled beliefs.)

23 hours ago, VickySGV said:

Dunning / Kruger Effect is running wild there it seems.  

For edification:

Screenshot_20220423-095552_Chrome.thumb.jpg.c1328811e240dad15f90797ee126cbdc.jpg

Florida "science" concocted by folks with high confidence about their limited knowledge. 

At the risk of sounding alarmist, I think the best terms to use with the Florida and Texas governors is the word regimes. There have been other regimes that have carefully crafted their own forces, and then led a political wave to introduce their visions as the only acceptable visions. Once you start dictating the personal beliefs, choices, and manner of living to all of the subjects in your realm, you are no longer a democracy. I recall one culture that went on a campaign to eliminate a certain group based solely on their religion. Their leader blamed everything that was bad in this country on this group of people, and he went on a brutal heinous campaign to eradicate them. Another regime bases their philosophies ad actions on their interpretation of their religious guidebook. The religious leadership in this faraway country limits the freedom of women, and prevents girls from education. They also eliminate anybody who disagrees with them based on their religion. 

Does any of this seem to parallel the empires in Texas or Florida? We have been singled out as the example for the rest of the world. There is no doubt in my mind we will be fighting for our rights over the next several years. 

Why the those who are transgender as the focal point of their hate campaigns? What scares them so much? Is the "force" so strong that they need to send in the stormtroopers? What next? The Deathstar? How does DeSantis or Abbott think that a seven-year-old transgender girl is a threat to the moral fabric and existence of the universe or empire?

I would love to see Disney do some great commercials against both DeSantis and Abbott using Star Wars as the backdrop. It would be phenomenal to see how much pressure Disney can put on Florida and Texas. Just consider the possibilities. Both DeSantis and Abbott are acting like emperors in their own fiefdoms. 

Sincerely

Katie

It is interesting how these people operate as if they're completely independent of the federal government.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:20 AM, Katie23 said:

At the risk of sounding alarmist, I think the best terms to use with the Florida and Texas governors is the word regimes. There have been other regimes that have carefully crafted their own forces, and then led a political wave to introduce their visions as the only acceptable visions. Once you start dictating the personal beliefs, choices, and manner of living to all of the subjects in your realm, you are no longer a democracy. I recall one culture that went on a campaign to eliminate a certain group based solely on their religion. Their leader blamed everything that was bad in this country on this group of people, and he went on a brutal heinous campaign to eradicate them. Another regime bases their philosophies ad actions on their interpretation of their religious guidebook. The religious leadership in this faraway country limits the freedom of women, and prevents girls from education. They also eliminate anybody who disagrees with them based on their religion. 

Does any of this seem to parallel the empires in Texas or Florida? We have been singled out as the example for the rest of the world. There is no doubt in my mind we will be fighting for our rights over the next several years. 

Why the those who are transgender as the focal point of their hate campaigns? What scares them so much? Is the "force" so strong that they need to send in the stormtroopers? What next? The Deathstar? How does DeSantis or Abbott think that a seven-year-old transgender girl is a threat to the moral fabric and existence of the universe or empire?

I would love to see Disney do some great commercials against both DeSantis and Abbott using Star Wars as the backdrop. It would be phenomenal to see how much pressure Disney can put on Florida and Texas. Just consider the possibilities. Both DeSantis and Abbott are acting like emperors in their own fiefdoms. 

Sincerely

Katie

DeSantis also recently vetoed proposed voter redistricting maps and passed his own through thus giving R's about 80% representation (despite Florida being about 50/50 D/R) and removing two districts which could allow Black voters to elect Black candidates. When questioned on racist motives, he said (I'm paraphrasing) that voter and representation inequality is a problem of the past and it's all good these days. 

Sound the alarm. When anti-democratic regimes try to take over places like Hong Kong, Ukraine, or Florida—we must take a stand. I cherish the democratic and accepting people in my area. May the democracies triumph.

—Davie

4 hours ago, Davie said:

May the democracies triumph.

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to be the trend lately.