• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Strands For Trans

RhondaS

I somehow found this site Strands For Trans which has a map of salons and barbershops that welcome the trans community. 

Fortunately for me there was a place listed around a mile away and I had a lovely consultation and cut and color the other day. I asked how many clients they've gotten from the site and it was believed I was the first to mention it at least but in between the consultation and the actual appointment they had a second client contact them. 

52024213086_5889913f60_w.jpg

It looks nice. I have lucked into my main hairdresser, and my backup. Just put it this way. They are both heavily linked to the LGBT community, and it's not them. They are straight married women. 

I'm not saying this because I work at a nail salon. Believe me hair and nail salons are generally a trans safe place. We love being different any way, and we love making people feel good. One of my favorite clients is a hair dresser. She always has questions for me about my trans stuff.

• Forum Moderator
On 4/25/2022 at 2:37 AM, RhondaS said:

I somehow found this site Strands For Trans which has a map of salons and barbershops that welcome the trans community. 

Fortunately for me there was a place listed around a mile away and I had a lovely consultation and cut and color the other day. I asked how many clients they've gotten from the site and it was believed I was the first to mention it at least but in between the consultation and the actual appointment they had a second client contact them. 

52024213086_5889913f60_w.jpg

@RhondaS I absolutely love your hair. It’s beautiful.😘

Thanks for the compliments (on the work done by the stylist!) 

I know/hope that most places would be friendly to us, but did feel like if they put themselves out there as supportive they deserved at least one session. Of course, I looked up the reviews from all the customers and they didn't have any real negative reviews. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:37 AM, RhondaS said:

Omg!  Thank you!  I haven't had a haircut in years (I literally have split ends with split ends that have spit ends) and I've been worried about trying to explain my needs.  There are option in my area and I couldn't be more pleased!  Thanks again!

Nice! Hope it works out for you!

@RhondaS   Thanks! 

• 3 months later...

(update from strandsfortrans.com)

Dear salon/barbershop owners,

Due to the overwhelming registrations over the last few months, we’re temporarily pausing on new signups. This will allow us to upgrade our map software to become more mobile-friendly, add educational resources, and catch up on recent signups. Please revisit this section on October 01, 2022. We are so incredibly grateful for the love and support. We appreciate your patience. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 53 Guests (See full list)

• Colleen Henderson
    • StephieGurl
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

DT
    Newest Member
    DT

1. Chet55
      Chet55
      (67 years old)
    2. Harper_776
      Harper_776
      (17 years old)
    3. Nicole Swan
      Nicole Swan
    4. Progress Not Perfection
      Progress Not Perfection
    5. Ticket For Epic
      Ticket For Epic
      (43 years old)
    • Cortomaltese
      I also think it's in the eye of the beholder which is influenced by countless factors ... so in the end you make a judgement based on your own experience. I mean, one might also ask .. is there a good and bad? Is there an answer to this? For me, there isn't. Somebody else might say there is.
    • Vidanjali
      I agree with everyone above. To summarize what I mean, I regard blessing and curse as two edges of the same blade. You'll experience one side or the other depending on your mindset. But ultimately, I aim to cultivate a mindset of acceptance - that all circumstances are optimal for growth. In that sense, all can be regarded as blessing. But when the sense of blessing gets muddied by analysis of distinction between curse and blessing, then one runs the risk of egoistic clinging to blessing as if it might be lost or stolen, or cultivating a sense of false superiority (I'm blessed whereas you're not). To regard the challenges of life as a gift and an opportunity to shine light, like Betty describes, requires acceptance. And acceptance is not a one and done deal - constant adjustments to one's mindset and attitude are necessary. 
    • Jani
      Anyone that couldn't tell this was a parody wasn't thinking too much.  Its still a message we need to hear.    Thats a beautiful photo of a Gray Fox!
    • Jani
      Good for you Colleen!  I love the photo on the banner, so peaceful looking.  I have it open in another tab and will certainly listen later.   Hugs, Jani
    • Ivy
      I suspect that in many instances, "Thoughts and Prayers" are just words.    When people call for violence, and then when it happens, talk about "thoughts and prayers" as if it means something to them….    Yeah. Right.
    • Charlize
      I certainly do not regret being the person i am.  Is the pain of old age a blessing or a curse?  Like anything a bit of both.     Hugs,   Charlize
    • Betty K
      I can’t know the answer to that question because I have not experienced being “normal”. I tried it for many years and did a poor job of it, was often unhappy, and felt tortured by the urge to throw it all away. But that’s not the same as really being normal. I guess I’d say two things about normal people: (1) they don’t look especially happy on the whole; and (2) I wonder how many of them are really normal anyway? As for me, all I can say is I’m a lot happier now I’ve accepted I’m not one of them. And I feel I have a sacred mission: to help bring more light to the world, and tolerance, and to challenge what’s normal. A mission can be difficult. It can feel like a curse. But it’s really a gift. My life has meaning. 
    • Charlize
      When one reads the regulations it seems such a small step towards acceptance.  It is a step though and in a conservative country any crack in bigotry is important.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Diana Stone
      Mostly I dont think its either. I was never particularly good at fitting in anywhere so being a bit of an outsider to me is pretty much the norm. I have not had too much trouble leading my life the last few years. It seems in Europe and the UK its pretty safe to just get on with your life in most respects or at least I have found it so in personal experience.  I do think acceptance is a matter often of luck and circumstances though and I do know people who for many reasons do feel its a curse.  
    • Charlize
      Thoughts and prayers are indeed not enough when other options exist. My father was part of a well regulated militia ie the National Guard after serving in the pacific theater during WW2.  We have always had job specific firearms on the farm.  Automatic weapons legislation is certainly more reasonable and useful than shallow thoughts and prayers.  Unfortunately this has become such a political issue.  Hyper feelings rage one way or the other and all we get are thoughts and prayers.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • KathyLauren
      No, I don't.    I don't believe in blessings or curses.  Like everything, there are parts of the journey that we like and parts that we don't like.    I like just being myself, being able to wear nice clothes and have people see me as my real self.  I don't like that my friends in the USA are targeted for hatred and murder, and it scares the crap out of me that that stuff could happen here some day.  I like that it hasn't happened here yet.   I don't really give a fig about society's norms.  They are something that emerges from the collective behaviour of everyone.  Being out and free and happy contributes to those norms just as much as other people being mean and nasty and uptight.
    • Heather Shay
      amazing guitarist - Hendrix praised him...  
    • Heather Shay
      I've heard of L7 now I will have a reason to check them out....................... thx @Betty K
    • Heather Shay
      Now for some calming music....Phil |Keaggy's first band out of Cleveland...  
    • Betty K
      Hey @Heather Shay the Ramones provide a neat segue to L7, an all-girl grunge-era punk band I've been listening to a lot lately. Their big hit was "Pretend We're Dead", but I've only just discovered the earlier album, Smell the Magic, produced by Jack Endino of early-Nirvana, Green River and Screaming Trees fame. L7 rock!    
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.