• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Strands For Trans

RhondaS

I somehow found this site Strands For Trans which has a map of salons and barbershops that welcome the trans community. 

Fortunately for me there was a place listed around a mile away and I had a lovely consultation and cut and color the other day. I asked how many clients they've gotten from the site and it was believed I was the first to mention it at least but in between the consultation and the actual appointment they had a second client contact them. 

52024213086_5889913f60_w.jpg

It looks nice. I have lucked into my main hairdresser, and my backup. Just put it this way. They are both heavily linked to the LGBT community, and it's not them. They are straight married women. 

I'm not saying this because I work at a nail salon. Believe me hair and nail salons are generally a trans safe place. We love being different any way, and we love making people feel good. One of my favorite clients is a hair dresser. She always has questions for me about my trans stuff.

• Forum Moderator
On 4/25/2022 at 2:37 AM, RhondaS said:

I somehow found this site Strands For Trans which has a map of salons and barbershops that welcome the trans community. 

Fortunately for me there was a place listed around a mile away and I had a lovely consultation and cut and color the other day. I asked how many clients they've gotten from the site and it was believed I was the first to mention it at least but in between the consultation and the actual appointment they had a second client contact them. 

52024213086_5889913f60_w.jpg

@RhondaS I absolutely love your hair. It’s beautiful.😘

Thanks for the compliments (on the work done by the stylist!) 

I know/hope that most places would be friendly to us, but did feel like if they put themselves out there as supportive they deserved at least one session. Of course, I looked up the reviews from all the customers and they didn't have any real negative reviews. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/25/2022 at 5:37 AM, RhondaS said:

Omg!  Thank you!  I haven't had a haircut in years (I literally have split ends with split ends that have spit ends) and I've been worried about trying to explain my needs.  There are option in my area and I couldn't be more pleased!  Thanks again!

Nice! Hope it works out for you!

@RhondaS   Thanks!