• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Holy Cow! I’ve been misgendering my own Higher Power.

Davie

Holy Cow! I’ve been misrepresenting and misgendering my own Higher Power.

My Higher Power is female. She must be. Hestia. It makes meditation a safer place to sit.
My Higher Power is a six-year-old girl. This is a real revelation to me. A huge breakthrough. 

Hestia, a six-year-old girl, is where I get the srength of a Higher Power.

I feel each person should choose their own higher power, choose their best mode

of connecting to the universe. I meditate with and pray to Hestia.

Hestia is Greek meaning "hearth" or "fireside.”

She is a virgin goddess of the hearth, the right ordering of domesticity,

the family, the home, and the state.

And the domestic arts. In Greek mythology.

More to come on this, I'm sure.

Yours,

Davie

2 hours ago, Davie said:

I feel each person should choose their own higher power, choose their best mode

of connecting to the universe. 

I believe this too. Absolute Power, which is beyond all names and forms & beyond all dualities/binaries, is infinitely creative and omnipresent. Therefore, it is natural that The Absolute should express in and be realized in infinitely many ways. Any form of Higher Power that inspires profound understanding, surrender, love & peace brings victory. 

I understand THAT variably & simultaneously as Krishna, Rama, Narayan, Hari, Jesus, Durga, Kali, Lakshmi, Saraswati, Devi, Hanuman, Guru, Consciousness, Awareness & Bliss. To focus devotion on one is not a betrayal of the others because they are all of the same Source. 

Ah! Thank you, @Vidanjali I hoped you'd reply to this. I learn so much from your postings.

Much is yet to be revealed in the future about it, but like coming out, getting to the right direction and focusing on the right imaging, can lead me to greater understanding as I go. In my case I've revealed a block towards my higher power that's kept me from evolving further until now.

And I'm not sure what it means but my actual Buddhist meditation teacher is named Narayan, a coincidence perhaps. I'll have to ask her what all this means. I bet she'll smile broadly and throw it back to me to figure out. That seems right. 

Thanks for sharing so well,

Davie

Bless your heart - thanks for thinking of me @Davie . Indeed, an image that inspires you will illuminate your path to liberation. I can relate to the block phenomenon you refer to. For me, I spent many years as an atheist which I realize in retrospect was devotional as I needed that time to purify my mind of all the terrifying, terrible wrong things I learned about God growing up having been raised by a mentally ill, naive and gullible Charismatic (Irish) Catholic mother. I still suffer from residual paranoia related to religious scrupulocity. But, these days my spiritual life is more vibrant and sustaining than I ever thought imaginable. 

Narayan is a name for the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Narayan is an aspect of God as the sustainer, the indwelling divinity, that which reveals divine knowledge and reveals the path to liberation. I love the sound of the name. It's usually associated with the masculine - I love that your teacher, Narayan, is a "her".

Hestia is the hearth. According to Vedic tradition, Agni is the fire god, or the medium of sacrifice. Mystically speaking, aspirants desire to sacrifice attachment to the concepts of "me" and "mine". Hestia as fire may be realized in many aspects as the destroyer of impurities in the form of attachment, hatred, etc.; the sustainer who provides material comfort and abundance; and the creator who gives light in the form of divine knowledge and inspiration. 

Thank you, @Vidanjali for the support, but also for the knowledge and histories of thought.

You said a lot to consider. Thanks,

Davie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• Heather Nicole
    • DeeDee