• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Ertha Mae Olmec... she lives!

Hi everyone!  It's so wonderful to have a safe and welcoming community to be a part of, so thank you!  I'm Ertha Mae Olmec (she/her/hers).  It feels really good to be in a place where I can say that loud and proud.  Even though I'm 48 (okay almost 48), I'm just beginning to publicly express myself as the gender that brings my outside more inline with how I perceive my true inner self.  I have spent most of my life not being "myself" because of social expectations and now I have a great deal of fear that I have wasted most of my life living a lie, and by doing so I have only attracted more of which I do not want.  So yes, perhaps I am having a late mid life crisis that is motivating me to stop being what others want me to be and to just be myself.  Now I will admit that I am still trying to figure out bits and pieces of who I am / want to be.  After repressing my own self for so long, it's really hard to be true and honest with myself.  A lot of stereotypical gender expression, expectations and norms confuse and frustrate the heck out of me, so I get rather deep into my own head sometimes with overthinking my own gender expression and motivations.  I do know that if you gave me a choice of which gender I would choose if such a choice existed (and I'm so happy that this is a choice I can make in today's world), I would choose to be female, and while male privileges are AWESOME, I would eagerly swallow that proverbial "pink" pill in a heartbeat and never look back.  Of course there is A LOT more to unpack in this origin story, but that's the general motivation behind my decision to transition.

Beyond that, I'm a spouse and a parent, someone who loves the outdoors and being in nature (but I'm more of a find beauty and life force in nature kind of person, than "lets go kill something and hang it on the wall" kind of person), I love good healthy food, I love to travel when I can, I love to learn about all kinds of things, especially what makes our brains tick and how to get the most out of this thing called life.   I'm hoping to bring more joy into my life and the lives of those around me by being true to myself in the time I have left on this planet.  Oh and I love my dog.  

I look forward to meeting new friends here, and I greatly appreciate all the wisdom and loving support of this community.

• Forum Moderator
50 minutes ago, Ertha said:

I'm hoping to bring more joy into my life and the lives of those around me by being true to myself in the time I have left on this planet.  Oh and I love my dog.

Welcome @Ertha! What a beautifully written introduction😁. It’s very nice to have you as a member of our forum. IMHO, you are choosing to transition for all the right reasons. The concept of aligning your gender inside and out is something few outside our community can truly understand and accept. But many of us here have been living and experiencing these inconsistencies all our lives….we know how real it is despite being told otherwise. It’s great to hear you’ve discovered your authentic self and have or will be working to become the best version of yourself. I hope you find our forum a helpful support along with a chance to meet others here on a similar path.

Thank you for sharing a part of yourself with us today. I hope to learn more about you and your journey in time.

Warmest Reagrds,

Susan R🌷

• Forum Moderator

@Ertha I see you've already met Susan and she is a gem. I couldn't agree with her sentiments any more than she's related and have no more to add.

I am very happy you are here.

Hugs

Heather

Thank you ALL for the warm welcome!  Hugs! ❤️

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 41 Guests (See full list)

• WillbeAlice