• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Random Thoughts of a Part-time Woman

• Am I really part-time?
  • When I'm in boy mode do people know why I don't have hair on my legs?
  • Body hair sucks!
  • I should have had facial electrolysis years ago 
  • Am I trans, or is this just my sense of fashion?
  • Well groomed eyebrows aren't just for women
  • Expressing the female side of my personality is therapeutic
  • If I couldn't express my female side, I'd go bonkers
  • Why can't I have it both ways?
  • Do I prefer boy mode or girl mode?
  • I cling to boy mode because he is paying the bills.
  • Would I transition if I didn't enjoy being a dad and a husband so much?
  • I could be a woman all the time, if I really wanted to
  • My feminine side makes me a better person
  • I wish my features were more androgynous
  • Women are jealous of my legs
  • I'm really good at being a woman - it's so easy for me

I know there are more, but these are enough for now.

@Sally StoneI think that's great introspection. My mind is always pondering and wandering, especially when I go for my walks. Sometimes it even comes up with good stuff like you have. Then, when I get home, it fails me and I can't put together a single coherent thought. Maybe I should figure out how to do voice input on this cr****y phone and record stuff. Except I hate hearing my recorded voice.

On 5/17/2022 at 9:52 PM, Hannah Renee said:

Except I hate hearing my recorded voice.

Yeah, that is a thing.

• Forum Moderator
On 5/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, Hannah Renee said:

I think that's great introspection.

Hannah Renee, I agree. How many of us at some point have had these [trans]gender identity related thoughts come to mind? Whether you’re living on both extremes of the binary genders off and on, living somewhere else on the gender spectrum, or in that ‘difficult in-between’ stage a half year or so into your transition, I think many of us here have had thoughts about the statements on Sally’s list.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/20/2022 at 10:30 PM, Susan R said:

Hannah Renee, I agree. How many of us at some point have had these [trans]gender identity related thoughts come to mind? Whether you’re living on both extremes of the binary genders off and on, living somewhere else on the gender spectrum, or in that ‘difficult in-between’ stage a half year or so into your transition, I think many of us here have had thoughts about the statements on Sally’s list.

I’ve had a lot of those thoughts.  But then again I just had my first therapy appointment last week.  I like the thought..

• My feminine side makes me a better person
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/17/2022 at 3:21 PM, Sally Stone said:
  • Am I really part-time?
  • When I'm in boy mode do people know why I don't have hair on my legs?
  • Body hair sucks!
  • I should have had facial electrolysis years ago 
  • Am I trans, or is this just my sense of fashion?
  • Well groomed eyebrows aren't just for women
  • Expressing the female side of my personality is therapeutic
  • If I couldn't express my female side, I'd go bonkers
  • Why can't I have it both ways?
  • Do I prefer boy mode or girl mode?
  • I cling to boy mode because he is paying the bills.
  • Would I transition if I didn't enjoy being a dad and a husband so much?
  • I could be a woman all the time, if I really wanted to
  • My feminine side makes me a better person
  • I wish my features were more androgynous
  • Women are jealous of my legs
  • I'm really good at being a woman - it's so easy for me

I know there are more, but these are enough for now.

On 5/20/2022 at 7:30 PM, Susan R said:

YES!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   9 Members, 0 Anonymous, 40 Guests (See full list)

• VickySGV
    • Charlize
    • Jaycie
    • NashySlashy
    • Heather Shay
    • Cyndee
    • Concerned father
    • Hannah Renee
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

YellowLizardGuy
    Newest Member
    YellowLizardGuy

1. Estevan
      Estevan
      (16 years old)
    2. Julielynn
      Julielynn
      (51 years old)
    3. lewlew
      lewlew
      (28 years old)
    • Charlize
      As a person in recovery in AA i have found that Christianity has never been forced down my throat.  It was suggested that i find a higher power.  I'm still in looking 15 years later but that search never took me to Christianity. It has helped me accept\, know and love myself and others.   Some may well take the path of Christianity  but there is certainly no requirement to do so. "The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking"   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Marcie Jensen
      There's an urban myth connected with this that Adams' last words were "Jefferson still survives. The republic is safe." His actual last words were "At least Jefferson still lives." He was mistaken as Jefferson died five hours earlier.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      "You don't need to be perfect to inspire others. Let others be inspired by how you deal with your imperfections."
    • Heather Shay
      The 50 star U.S. flag was designed by a man in Lancaster, Ohio   Americans eat 150 million hotdogs on The 4th of July.   There is something written on the back of the Declaration of Independence (it was written on parchment that had been written on earlier during the Revolutionary War.   Both Thomas Jefferson and John Adams died on the 50th anniversity of the the Declaration.
    • NashySlashy
      I know this is an old post, but it really resonated with me. I'm 29 and didn't realize I was trans until a week ago.   The dysphoria has always been there (bottom dysphoria, in particular). I also hate my chest...but I don't know if that's more related to trauma than dysphoria. Possibly both? This is all still very new to me. And I guess that's where my barriers lie. Self-doubt. I'm never sure of myself. But what makes me sure of this is the fact that I feel empowered by the realization. I feel like a new man...because that's precisely what I am. Once I can start presenting as such without judgement, then I'll be much better off.
    • Hannah Renee
      @Elizabeth StarI had to go in person (which I preferred anyway) since that e-file system is so convoluted. Being in a small county helped that process.   I'm sorry you're having to go through all this stress. I also know that you are a woman of strength, and you will get through this.   Hugs 
    • Jaycie
      Thank you so much!!
    • NashySlashy
      Good morning, everyone.   I didn't sleep too hot last night (nightmares galore!). And my husband has me worried because he's panicking over the Supreme Court ruling and is having conversations with his parents that don't involve me at all...even though I'm the subject of the conversation. It's making me a little uneasy. I know he's worried and doesn't want me to worry, but he doesn't realize that by not including me in the conversation, it's making me worry. I tried telling him that and he just changed the subject.     I'm so sorry you're going through that, Elizabeth. As someone with CPTSD, I can certainly relate to having automatic trauma responses. You are doing the right thing by seeking treatment. I wish you the best of luck! ❤️
    • Elizabeth Star
      Good morning everyone. @Hannah Renee Congratulations on the name change. The process in our state is a little weird but at least changing your gender marker is easy peasy.   @MmindyI'm sorry to hear about your mishap and thankful you're, more or less, OK.   I know I've been pretty quiet here for a while. I've had a LOT of traumas surfacing. Thankfully, my GT actually specializes in trauma and since I'm in a holding pattern with my transition right now we decided to switch gears. I've come to find out that I'm full of automatic trauma responses. Just the simple action of my supervisor calling me into his office fills me with anxiety and triggers a fight or flight response. Just normal, everyday things are setting me off and I can't keep going like this anymore. It's going to be a long and emotionally painful process but it needs to be done. I can't keep running from my problems.    
    • Davie
    • Davie
      Hi @Purple8. Welcome. Yes, I identify with your feelings. I think it is tough to "find" yourself when you identify as somewhere in the middle, such as non-binary. It's a process that for me, took time, and reflection, and writing about it and, yes, talking to a gender therapist, too. You're doing great by finding this TGP site. Keep coming. We're here all night. 💜 -- Davie
    • VickySGV
      You are in a pretty common place with a lot of us here.  We are not Gender Counselors, but almost all of us have been through Gender Counseling  and found that it really helped us.  When we tell the rest of the world that we are not their idea of what we should be and are going to be our own self, it can be a bit rough, but it is freeing.
    • Purple8
      Hello everyone! I am a 32 year old person who was assigned male at birth. Generally fine with the pronouns he/they. Most of my life I have identified as a cis-man but lately have been really questioning how much that truly describes who I am. Throughout my life I have always had discomfort when I’ve been grouped with guys or asked to do things because I am a “man.” When I was a kid in school and I would be grouped with the boys I would always feel out of place. I used to justify this feeling because I’m gay and most of the boys I knew growing up were straight. Even as an adult now I feel pretty alien generally when I am around a group of typically straight men. As an adult I find myself pretty comfortable presenting pretty “masculinely.” But I still find myself experiencing a lot of friction when people have certain perceptions or expectations of me because of that presentation. And recently I have had interactions with a guy where while we were together he complimented how masculine and manly I was which felt incredibly uncomfortable to me. Which, has now lead me to self reflect and I feel I truly don’t relate to the terms masculine or manly other than my very surface level presentation. I also don’t consider myself really feminine. Though I do feel that with whatever feminine traits or qualities I do have, I really enjoy when those are complimented or affirmed. I definitely don’t identify as a woman, though. A couple weeks ago I finally was just like “maybe I am non-binary” and once I sat with that for a second and I realized I could just remove myself from having to wear the label of “man”, I felt as though a giant weight was being lifted off of me and it felt pretty amazing. So this is still very new for me. I’m still exploring this and have so far enjoyed the journey. Though, I do have a kind of imposter syndrome feeling as I still currently really am fine and enjoy presenting more masculinely (however sometimes with a little queer flair.) Really for me it’s mostly dealing with the general discomfort I feel from people’s expectations of me because they look at me and think “man.” Anybody with similar experiences?
    • VickySGV
      @Carolyn Marie Minor Confession -- I am in it as well.  I am in an unusually shy mood at the minute though.  I know, I know, not my usual self.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.