• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Rumors Spreading Online That Texas School Shooter Was Trans

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/trans-womans-photo-used-spread-baseless-online-theory-texas-shooter-rcna30511

I'm not the least surprised by this.  This is what conspiracy theorists do.  They're also spreading rumors that the shooter was an undocumented alien, which even the Texas governor said is false. 

An issue that came to me after I first posted this is that these rumors add even more to our shared anxiety over violence.  There will certainly be at least a few deranged folks who hear these rumors, believe them, and may seek us out for collective "punishment" for the school shooting.  It is not a wild fantasy I'm spinning; the danger is real.  Watch your "six," folks.

Carolyn Marie

Edited by Carolyn Marie
Had anothe thought.
  • Admin

The Boarding House had one hell of an explosion to get all those 👿 roomers 👿 flying.  Some of it is satire on the Texas leadership I have heard from elsewhere.  It is indeed gruesome satire if it is, but with time spent on the subject of Trans to get their voter bases eager to support them, ----------

I heard about this while at a trans support group yesterday.  There was even a congressman posting about it.  Totally false.

It's freaking insane what they'll do to attack us.  

The worst thing is that people are ready to believe it.

Sometimes I get so depressed.  

The only consolation is if I get killed, I'll go as a woman. 

(although they'll probably deadname me)

The congressman posting about it is Paul Gosar, a bit of a right wing loon. I used to be in his district here in Arizona, and found him to be, shall we say, unpalatable. He is not mainstream by any means, and it doesn't surprise me that he is involved in spreading this hate and paranoia. Gosar is a vile man, imho.

And, sadly, hate is often an expression of fear. In this case these folks fear what they don't understand or are willing to accept. Pity the puny minded knuckleheads, and as Carolyn said, watch your "six."

19 hours ago, Marcie Jensen said:

The congressman posting about it is Paul Gosar, a bit of a right wing loon.

Rep. Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, said of the shooter in a since-deleted tweet, “It’s a transsexual leftist illegal alien ..."

Well he pretty much covered ALL the hot-button labels he could in one sentence.  Maybe Rep Gosar is a transwoman - She just doesn't know it yet 🙃

2 hours ago, KayC said:

Rep. Paul Gosar, an Arizona Republican, said of the shooter in a since-deleted tweet, “It’s a transsexual leftist illegal alien ..."

Well he pretty much covered ALL the hot-button labels he could in one sentence.  Maybe Rep Gosar is a transwoman - She just doesn't know it yet 🙃

ROFL! 🤣 Gosar as a transwoman! OMG, that's priceless!!!