• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Is All This Just A Phase?

Guest klye126

Guest klye126

Is all this just a phase?

I have never been a type A male but then again I don’t act like a girly girl at all either. I have done both video games and things like “dress up” in my past. Fairly recently however I got into a fight with an old friend of mine and I made her cry, I felt terrible and wrote this “short story” if you will describing my feelings. Afterwards I went into a deep depression for about a month. During the time I spent my afternoons mopping around in the darkness of my room, sleeping and stressing. I lost my appetite for a week and I began to over exert myself at the gym. Lastly I started trying to discover more about myself. Being a highschooler, I've also been trying to find a group where I “fit in”. I’m currently hanging out with the nerds and geeks (lol sorry for stereotypes, but its true), around them I feel so expressive and good about myself, I’m loud and outspoken and my sense of humor shines. But they don’t interest me; well their interests don’t interest me. Its been about a month from my depressive phase, during the time when I took the COGIATI and got a 135, about 2 weeks later I took it again and got 50 and 2 days ago I took it a third time and got 85. I have these masculine and feminine impulses and I’m wondering if its all just a phase. Does it have anything to do with depression or stress?

Hi Klye:

Yes, the COGIATI is a popular test. The first time I took it I got a -60. I just retook it for a score of +80.

It seems unfair though that the fact of my being on hormones and wanting things to fall off is contradicted by my liking math!

In any case, tests like these ask you the same questions rephrased. They are designed so that you don't notice this.

By taking a test like this when you still remember the last time you took it kind of defeats the design.

Is it a phase? I think you're still trying to find yourself. A lot of teenagers haven't found their "slot" in this world.

I think it's good to excercise your freedom, keep an open mind and try to see where you fit in.

I don't think I'd want to spend a lot of time around people whose interests don't interest me.

You'll have to weigh the masculine and feminine aspects of your personality.

Maybe there isn't really sufficient need or desire to become a female.

Still, the feelings that you have are real even if they are contradicted by other feelings that you have.

Those feeling will probably always be with you even if you decide to put them on a shelf.

In that sense, it isn't a phase.

Good luck,

Z.

Guest x-Steph-x

Hello There.

Let me throw in my bit of advice.

I am an androgyne. I was female born. I have liked many "guy" things. I have wished I was male. There is also my fem side to me. I guess I act more like a fem man than a manly woman.

I also "switch" gender day to day. Some days I enjoy being female, and dress accordingly. Some days I wish to be male, so I get my packaging and binding out. (Yes, I do have a "gender change" box.) I wear more masculine clothes. (For me, it's easier to xdress because I'm goth...heh) Some days I'll mix it up and look gender neutral.

I want you to ask yourself a few questions. I'll assume that you are male-bodied.

Have you ever wished you were female? Have you dreamt you were of the opposite sex? Have you felt female, but stopped short of saying you are female because you feel you identify with your male side as well? Do you have any developments that are more feminine? (For example, are you a bit curvy are you more rounded off, or do you have a little bit of a lump in your chest? I'm not sure about female attributes on male bodies. I can say I am a bit muscular without exercise, and my clitoris is longer than most girls.) Are you more straight-forward or do you attach things more emotionally? When you have a task to do, do you want to get it over with, or do you want to linger and enjoy? Are you more logical or are you more creative?

(Being straight-forward, getting it over with, and logical are more male attributes. The opposite are obviously female.)

DO NOT USE THIS AS A MAIN INDICATOR, BUT THINK ON THIS ONE! What is your sexual orientation? Are you attracted to males? Are you attracted to females? Are you attracted to both? If you are indeed bisexual, it can mean something. (Though it doesn't have to, single gendered people can be bi as well.) I am bisexual myself. When I have a male day, I feel more attracted to women. When I have a female day, I like men more. On the neither days, I can like any.

I hope I helped at least a little teeny-tiny bit. >.>'

x-Steph-x

Hi x-Steph-x:

I find it interesting (yet amazingly foreign to me) people who want to/can change genders periodically or even people who maintain two names.

I can barely remember which days I have on my work schedule. To have to wake up and decide gender would be too much for me.

I've only got one style of clothing to choose from.

I had never run into the concept of "get it over with" vs. "linger and enjoy". That's interesting. Some things I just do to get done. Some, I linger.

Changing guitar strings for me is a high religious ritual that I enjoy a lot. I get the guitar, the new strings, the lemon Pledge™, my guitar wipe, the lemon oil and the paper towels. I siit down and get into the "Zen" of it.

Z.

Guest klye126
Hi x-Steph-x:

I find it interesting (yet amazingly foreign to me) people who want to/can change genders periodically or even people who maintain two names.

I can barely remember which days I have on my work schedule. To have to wake up and decide gender would be too much for me.

I've only got one style of clothing to choose from.

I had never run into the concept of "get it over with" vs. "linger and enjoy". That's interesting. Some things I just do to get done. Some, I linger.

Changing guitar strings for me is a high religious ritual that I enjoy a lot. I get the guitar, the new strings, the lemon Pledge™, my guitar wipe, the lemon oil and the paper towels. I siit down and get into the "Zen" of it.

Z.

My thing is nice long warm baths and stretching in my bed on Saturday morning while the sun beams down on my bed :D and I posted on the teens forum about having 2 identities... i used online gaming to express myself through role-playing as a female char (I’m actually pretty convincing)

Guest klye126

Well I’m kinda like you; I definitely feel masculine some days and more feminine other days. However, lately I’ve been having a long like two-week stretch of feeling feminine. Lately its been dieing down and yet I’m xdressing more than ever, I even had the strange urge to shave all my body hair x_x, and I have a huge boost of interest in my physical appearance. I’ve polished my nails, tweezed my eyebrows and I’ve been semi-starving myself and overworking myself to lose weight. I have a feeling it has a lot to do with my sexual orientation, which I’m completely confused about. Physically I’m attracted to women, I’ve tried to look at men sexually as a test but I lost my umm... haha you know and I go to look at a woman and bam. However I have lately been checking the boys at my school out! idk whats wrong with me I know I’m straight, well I think so. So as far as looks I’ve been eyeing both sexes however I can only get physically excited from looking at women.

Personality wise, and gender role I’m messed up even more. My personality changes depending on who I’m with. Around wild and fun people I get really boring and calm, soft-spoken and witty. Around the nerds and geeks I feel so good about myself, I’m the loudest one, all eyes are on me, I joke and I’m a drama queen/king w/e and I’m still kind trustworthy and sensitive. Because my personality changes so much I cant seem to form an outline of who I wanna be with when I grow up. In all my fantasies, I always see myself as the female (even though in all my actual dreams I’m in my own body…hmmm), I picture myself with 2 types of guys: the caring, sweet, providing, "teddy bear" kinda guy, you know the guy you can wrap your arms around and use as a pillow; I want him shy so I can surprise him XD. The other guy I see in my fantasies is the charming easy going guy, who will pick me up and twirl me around and make me laugh, display his affection publicly even though it embarrasses me, who I can be playful with^^ (only in my fantasy I would never do anything with a guy unless I was in a woman’s body). So generally I tend to look for the more dominant personality types, however if paired up with a more submissive type I become the dominant.

I’ve found that my mood greatly influences my gender identity and most of the time I would like to stick to the female gender role but it would be very hard to find a match for me because of my very unstable personality. Also one last thing, I am religious and my parents and friends are not tolerant to any homosexual or feminine behavior, all my friends are nerds right now, (I wouldn’t call them “friends”, I’m actually separating from everyone I know…) all of them are religious as well. Slowly I’m becoming more feminine around them but every time I get criticism I have the natural male instincts to make myself appear more masculine. As far as religion goes I have so many problems with my purity already and I don’t think I could bear the burden of adding homosexuality up there.

Have you ever wished you were female?

In that depressive phase of mine I did

Have you dreamt you were of the opposite sex?

Never, however I did have Xdressing dreams as a child before it was a sexual thing…it got me excited and still does but now its more of a sexual thing

Have you felt female, but stopped short of saying you are female because you feel you identify with your male side as well?

Oh yeah, happening right now, I’m still in transition from feeling really feminine

Do you have any developments that are more feminine?

Not really, but I would rather have a curvy feminine body, just something comforting about it over the muscular jock type body, and I’ve never been “skinny” I’ve always had somewhat of a belly so I cant see myself with a typical teenagers bod, even though I would love to have one…

Are you more straight-forward or do you attach things more emotionally?

Heres a toughy, when I argue with people I argue with my opinion, so I think with my heart when I’m arguing as well as talking about religion, and politics. But in everyday situations, I’m very straightforward, some things I just don’t see a point in caring for, very typical in guys…

When you have a task to do, do you want to get it over with, or do you want to linger and enjoy?

I linger, I am such a distracted person, ill go online just trying to find something to distract me…lol I have a 6 page paper to write, its almost 2 am and I got another page…. So far I’ve retyped this 3 times x_x

Are you more logical or are you more creative?

I'm both; I’m very creative and logical. I’m good at arts, writing and acting (arts are my fav). I’m also interested in philosophy and profiling. On the logical side I love being challenged at time to time with riddles and puzzles, and I’m good at math…my two best subjects are LA and Math (geometry and algebra)

I'm really lost; please provide me w/ more insight dudes and dudettes <-love that word….

Thanks

Guest Claire

Hey Kyle,

At 44 years on this earth I have found at the early age I knew I was not who I saw in the mirror set me on a quest to find out exactly what was gong on. During my quest I have come across emotions {lots of them}, moments of deep darkness, and great hope. I needed to know where do I fit in with others in life. I spent my school years reclusive and shyed away from people but I used that to watch and learn about others arounds me. Yes some times I tried to fit in to the stereo typical male role {I failed} growing up and even got married and have two wonderful childeren. Each experience you have good and bad help guide you on your quest.

This is your quest and look apon it with an open mind of each newly found tid bit, whether it be what you want to be for the day {girl/boy} what kind of food looks and taste good for the day or what ever it is. Make a mental note of the experiences you find for future reference. Nothing is set in stone and we all have the ability to make some choices and what we cant change we need to accept, that is why we are here now. We accept who we are whether it be trans-woman, trans-man, androgenous or what ever.

You are young and have a great mind to question things. Life is an open road with lots of pot holes

:rolleyes:

hugs

Claire

Guest Rev. Michal

If its a "phase", the feelings will pass, if its not, they won't.

You're young, you've got time to figure yourself out, and I would advise to explore your feelings, find out what appeals and what does not about masculine and feminine. If you envy the fashions of the opposite sex, get some that you like and see if you enjoy wearing them. If you live in a highly populated area maybe try passing and see how that makes you feel. If you don't like something, don't do it, if you do, do. The biggest thing about figuring oneself out is not to panic, not to worry about what others will think/feel, but to find what makes YOU happy.

Best of luck. ;)

Guest x-Steph-x

A two-week long stretch of feeling as the opposite gender? Don't feel bad about that, I do that sometimes, too. (Not that often, though.) I had done my "male body modifications" on myself for more than 12 days before. (binding and packaging...that stuff) I don't think it's that strange.

You have the strange urge to shave your body hair and you are more concerned about your appearance. This sounds more female to me, though this could be just a stereotype. Semi-starving yourself? Take it easy on that, now. Anorexia is not fun. If you feel the urge to do this, eat only until you're full and drink more water. Water = calorie-less filler.

Your orientation fascinates me. You feel some sort of attraction to both sexes. (possibly a bisexual?) The interesting part? Men are more turned on by what they see (giving the reputation for looking at...ahem..."pictures"). Women like stories and ideas (and people thought they HAD no sex drive...ever wonder what she reads?).

Straight men...what do they like about women? What they see, of course! You like what you see on a female.

Straight women...what do they like about men? Err, romance? I -think- that a woman likes what they...ahem...think about men in their fantasies. Ideas.

Is this how you are attracted to the sexes? I'm thinking... Perhaps if you did have a dual-gendered brain, do you think your male side is straight and your female side is straight as well? This can make you seem bisexual. (I myself am bisexual, and I have the dual-sided straightness to myself)

"My personality changes depending on who I’m with." I would have to say that from everything you said from here is tells me that you are very adjustable. You can fit any role well. Around the quieter people you step up, and if there is someone already "superior", then you are submissive. I myself am not sure if this is human nature. (Are people always the dominant or submissive ones, or do they change to their environment...hmmm...)

You say you cannot stick to the female gender because of your instability/religious peers. I have felt this as well. I feel masculine at times, but I waver. I'm not sure if your personality issue is similar to mine or if I'm just imagining things. :P I think the criticism is just a natural thing. Except for me, it's more of embarrassment and succumbing to society's roles.

I also find your straight-forward/emotional attachment answer interesting. You are straight-forward with everyday activity (I do that!), but you are emotionally attached to your opinion (me too!). This looks more masculine to me, but let's reword the question... When someone tells you about a rough, hard day are you more likely to say "Boy, that sucks...sorry that had to happened to you" or "Aww! Are you okay? How can I help?"

The linger answer. Haha. Perhaps you were just bored... When you shop, do you look around or do you get straight to business?

Your thinking pattern...I would have to say that sounds androgynous to me. It could be multi-talent. (I'm very logical. Math, science. 'Tis all good. Though I do have a creative side, my logical side outweighs my creative side.)

I don't exactly think that this is a phase. But only you can determine that. If your gender issues have been since you were little, it is most probably not a phase.

I have two seemingly random questions for you:

Which word is grosser to you? Moist or Used. (Just answer, don't ask why...)

Are you ambidextrous (both-handed), right-handed, or left handed? Anything special about your hand dominance?

Guest klye126

Moist or Used?

Haha ok… um id say moist… every time I hear that it reminds me of my shower curtain (which has mold growing on it…eeeew) as far as used goes I have no trouble taking hand-me downs or using someone’s things. I would prefer to have my own, but using someone else’s stuff doesn’t bother me.

Are you ambidextrous (both-handed), right-handed, or left handed? Anything special about your hand dominance?

I’m right-handed… I pretty much do everything with my right hand…I talk with my right hand and draw with my right hand. If I’m asked to lift something I use my left hand (no clue why, my right hand IS the stronger one). Oh and I can um…. Yeah with both hands (I had a broken arm and was desperate ok?!!?! Hehe^^)

When you shop, do you look around or do you get straight to business?

Depends, if I’m shopping for myself, I can NEVER make a decision, I look and look for the “perfect” thing and never find it. I will also pick up a few things and have a really hard time choosing. I end up taking a lot of time through my indecisiveness, but generally if im shopping for something I like, and it’s for me, I take my time.

When someone tells you about a rough, hard day are you more likely to say "Boy, that sucks...sorry that had to happened to you" or "Aww! Are you okay? How can I help?"

Check this out: I would say “Aww that sucks, why what happened? Is it better now?”

What attracts me?

Why is nothing straightforward!!?!!?! It’s killing me here!!!! Women like stories and ideas, men like pics and vids. Wanna know what I do? I read a story while having a video for the added sound; or I have a picture gallery related to what I’m reading present…total mental/physical ecstasy (well not really). When I do not have those resources though… I can easily rely on my imagination, visualizing everything is so simple… that could explain why most of my dreams are sex-related… Generally though ideas and sounds are my top 2; bad sounds and bad visuals are my top 2 turn offs.

Dual-gendered brain

Typically (yes more stereotypes o.~), masculinity is associated with dominance and feminism is associated with being more submissive. This is what gets me: You know how I feel more dominant around the shy and more submissive around the dominant, well I feel more feminine when I’m the dominant and more masculine when I’m submissive!?!

Guest x-Steph-x

Moist. That is interesting. Most bio females choose moist, most bio males chose the latter.

"I talk with my right hand" ...lol... :P

"If I’m asked to lift something I use my left hand" Hmm...were you a 'corrected' left-handed individual? I was. I write, eat, and anything that requires precision with my right. I use the left for taking things, punching my locker, and other things. (When I say corrected, I mean did you first try to write with your left, but your parents made you use your right hand? Ask them.)

“Aww that sucks, why what happened? Is it better now?”

This answer seems more emotional. (Sounds more female than my reply. "Awh, that must straw inhaler.")

Your attractions seem dual-sided as well. I noted one of your closing thoughts in your reply "Generally though ideas and sounds are my top 2" (not sure about sounds, though. Doesn't everyone love sounds?? :P)

"I feel more feminine when I’m the dominant and more masculine when I’m submissive!?!"

Not sure about this one. I do the opposite. XD

Guest klye126

Guess i'm just an oddball...nothing new -.-*

What about you?

-how do you perceive your attractions, what are you into?

-do you feel more masculine on a random impulse or are there factors like me?

semi-random

-are you part of a highschool group?

just curious, nobody said the topic had to be only about meh...

Guest klye126

haha about the hischool cliche thing i thaught i read somewhere that you were goth, i was right... stupid me...it was this post XP

Do you think that plays a role? I was that loser kid who had like 2 friends and everyone made fun of... but then i moved and became more preppy, i still remained true to my backgroud at first (anime, magic the gathering, videogames, d&d and drawing) but then those things slowly stripped off of me due to my friend group (i got into video games a lot more and picked up airsoft), and now im picking music and art back up (i still enjoy all the other old stuff, and im losing interast in video games).

idk... it seems like when i feel feminine i feel preppy and pirky, but when i feel masculine i feel like a loner/emo kid (not skater kind...i mean the loser kind)

note* i didnt edit it so forgive me for spelling and grammer errors

Guest x-Steph-x

"Guess i'm just an oddball...nothing new -.-*"

Not really. Everyone works really different. :P (Though you talk with your right hand...I usually talk with my mouth. :P)

"how do you perceive your attractions, what are you into?"

I'm bisexual all the way. I am very balanced in the medium in which attraction is acquired, but there is a slight tendency. Seeing women is my thing, talking to men and doing (completely non-sexual) actions with them. But those are interchangeable for me.

"do you feel more masculine on a random impulse or are there factors like me?"

Sometimes it's random, sometimes something might happen. My time of month plays a part in this, hormone difference really can sneak up on me! It's not the whole thing, though. The sex I feel a stronger attraction to is a major factor. When I hear my bf's voice, I automatically feel more feminine. 'Default' for me is about 60-75% male.

"Do you think your gothic perception plays a role?"

I'm gothic because it's the way I feel. My group does not affect my thoughts on anything. The opposite, really. My thoughts and feelings and outlooks determine which group I choose. I do what I please. I felt a bit withdrawn, so I went gothic. I don't do the trend thingies. >.<

Might I say, it's very easy to adjust the clothes the tiniest bit to change what gender you look. It's almost too easy. (tighter=fem, looser=masculine) The way I wear my clothes depends on which gender I feel more inclined to that day.

Guest klye126

B) cools... now what...

hmm... I guess I still don’t know who would be my perfect match besides someone as unstable as me...

I still don’t know my sexual orientation for sure <_< Then again I always knew I wasn't a MTF I don’t think i could commit even though I would love to be preppy and perky all the time and yet retain my intelligence (! what a combo !) but I still need my downtime for some reason, its almost as if being depressed gets me happy and sad at the same time... idk when i feel sad I’m happy because I feel I can "relate" better to the emo/loner stereotype better even though they aren’t actually depressed like everyone says, they look pretty normal to meh actually... I have a need to fit in even though I don’t...in fact i look at them and I don’t really want to be like them... same thing for feeling feminine though, i see most of them acting really feminine even though when i get up close to them somewhere else all of a sudden I’m with an insensitive jerk (yes I have someone in mind...) me on the other hand I’m pretty quiet in all my classes, comes lunch I’m a new person all preppy and ecstatic and feminine, and then I go home and I become depressed and agitated. Could these feelings I’m having be a subconscious way (well not really anymore) of trying to fit in better to the stereotype? It’s funny that I want to fit into a group where wanting to fit in is practically a sin against god...

Sigh... I just don’t know who i am or what i want anymore... I’m lost in it all

Guest KyleMicheal

"hmm... I guess I still don’t know who would be my perfect match besides someone as unstable as me..." My own significant other is my perfect match, and sie isn't unstable at all (sie can have hir little rare moments of shift, but sie is not so unstable in the general sense) I'm bipolar, and I switch my genders and stuff all the time. :)

Your perfect match is someone who accepts you. Whatever you do, no matter your mood changes. Sie will be yours. Just let hir arrive in your life. Looking for hir = big no-no. (easier said than done, I know >.<')

"I still don’t know my sexual orientation for sure <_< " (sexual orientation and gender identity are different, fyi) Being an androgyne is a very confusing state. It's full of frustration.

To me, you seem really unsure. (I don't blame you, I was in your place not so long ago.) Have your tried living a whole day as a female? Dressing, acting. Try not to do any sort of change for one day. Experiment every new coming day. You may feel like you like a certain mode of life. I will say it's not advisable to keep just one way of life, though. Switch.

You can also go for the gender-neutral look, you might like that way.

"Sigh... I just don’t know who i am or what i want anymore... I’m lost in it all"

Welcome to puberty.

Guest klye126

Guess I'll just have to go through life and ittle all fall into place...I just dont wanna end up alone :(

-oh and i am confused about my sexual orientation (as well as my gender identity...really starting to think I'm androgynous though); I look for an a guy what a woman looks for, and I look for in a woman what a guy looks for... and vice-verca at times... hmmm

Well you're definatly right about the unsure part...

Anyways Thanks all,

really appriciate your imput :D

~klye

Guest Madison_Always

ive been having that feminine feeling for a while now i too have a real desire to look and feel like a female ( i recently shaved my legs) but other times like around ppl i know im like afraid to be feminine i try and fit more masculine i think im afraid for them to get suspicious of me idk just lettin ya kno ur not alone sweetie

luv ya, melanie

Guest klye126

I'm no sweetie!

ok just a little bit....sigh I just want things to settle, i hate not knowing the outcome, I’m a calculated risk type of person ya know...

I went jean shopping on Sun, my first time shopping alone... I felt kinda funny, a little shy and a little excited that I was "independent". Anyways I was at the Gap and I was eyeing the women’s jeans. I didn’t have the guys to go into the women’s section but at the same time none of the men’s jeans fit right... I ended up looking in the little storage "vault" in the back of the store for a pair of the women’s jeans just to try them on and it hit me lol. I didn’t know what size i was!!! Haha so I went into the fitting room with a buncha stuff I picked out, none of which looked good on me (I wish I were skinnier...like 20lbs less I’m 170). So I go to try on the women’s jean I snatched and it fit like a really tight glove... I had no room to breathe if you know what I mean^^ so I go to button the thing up and it just was impossible. Then I left the changing rooms and I snuck the jean under one of the multiple layered display tables in the men’s section... lol I wish I could see the expression on the clerk’s face when they find women’s jeans stashed away like that haha...

Anyways, I also stopped at hot topic for the first time and the people there were really nice, I was semi-expecting to be looked down upon for dressing COMPLETELY preppy, I bought a flippin sweet new white leather studded belt and I found some awesome looking tees (the colors where awesome the designs were just plain weird) but I couldn’t find my size in any of the t-shirts. Then I met up w/my mom and I showed her the pants (i was kinda afraid of her reaction if she knew I was shopping at what she calls a "freak store”), she gave me this look of disgust and I regretted buying the 50$ (male) jeans I got earlier. It totally bummed me out last night until this morning when I wore my pants with pride! lol... so after she saw the jeans she thought "I could do better" (she actually said that), so we stopped at the same old AE, Abercrombie....you get it, I’m just kinda tired of that style, I wanna try something more out there, something that defines me: calm and collected with a crazy side and a sophisticated side. I’m no jock, I don’t feel that my wardrobe should consist of all the stuff they wear.... idk I’m not trying to be dif, just don’t wanna be like them. So we stopped at AE and I got a cool pair of late-stone-washed jeans, I tried a new color; I was so bored of the faded navy with mud stains... Haha and I *was* about to get a pair of hot pink (for the ladies...lol) boxer briefs but then when I realized my mom wouldn’t sponsor me and I would have to pay for it like all the other stuff I just said "na forget it".

All in all yesterday was a good day, so glad I finally had a break... it’s been almost 7 weeks now I’ve been doing projects on the weekends and I really miss having "me time".

~Klye

Guest Ryles_D

"Are you ambidextrous (both-handed), right-handed, or left handed? Anything special about your hand dominance?"

I'm semi-ambiedextrous. Not totally, yet, my right hand is stronger but I'm working on my left hand. Everything I do one-handed I cand o almost equally well with both, but if it takes two hands (ex- brushing my hair) I can't switch which hand does which too well. Wrote on the white board one whole Physics class with my left, once. Yeah- I was pleased with myself. I've been trying to slowly work my way to total ambidexterity ever since I knew there was such a thing as being left handed (4th grade... I was naive. -___-; )

On the jeans shopping- girls and guys have really crazy-different sizes. Apparently guys are easy. Waist and height. Girls are insane- they have ONE NUMBER to account for waist size, hip size, leg length, etc. I get that no girl wants the number 30 associated with her waist, but, c'mon people- they have more curves, why is the sizing like that? I mean, besides the corsets-fashion-women would rather look good than be comfortable thing.

Most of my jeans are tight fitting, which drives me mad, and I think it's because I like them on other people and are as close to dressing like a girl as I'm willing to get. Sometimes I'll wear a skirt, but only once in a blue moon.

I really wish I could go shopping alone some time- but I'm too timid to ask mom to let me, and if you think you were nervous shopping like that- I'd be even worse. Doesn't help that I can't tell what style a pair of pants is by looking at them (ex- if they'd be lose/flair/etc), so I can't just grab the ones that I like and try them on real quick. So, basically, I either have to work out a cunning plan to get dad to take me from now on, or I gotta man up and get mom to let me get clothes I like. ...neither of which are ever gonna actually happen.

Guest klye126

i wish i could like go into a store while it was empty... i would come out with so many thind, i prolly wouldent be able to carry it all XD, nice to know that SOMEONE CARES!!!!! hehe

i found out im a size 12 in the waist...just the opertunity now...

<insert evil laugh>

• 5 months later...
Guest Raven428

ha ha ha, jk. it's nothing to be ashamed of in my opinion. And by the way, i don't meen to scare you, but klye if you were a girl i would have asked you out years ago because you and i are almost exactly alike. I never thought that i would find any one in this whole world who is having the same troubles i am, which is y i joined this site. The only thing different that i can think of between me and you is you are religious, and i am aithiest. And as i was reading all through out this topic, hardly any one has clearly answered the question. Is this all really just a phase? If it is, i have nothing to worry about. If it's not, i'm screwed.

• 8 months later...
Guest Gallium 67

I know this isn't my thread and the question wasn't directed at me but the question I found to be interesting.

I do everything with my right hand from writing to drawing and shooing flies (lol). But I can write with my left hand (it's not the prettiest writing but I can do it) but when I do everything comes out backwards. >_>; Well, not everything, normally one or two letters are facing the right the way but the majority of them are backwards. I wonder if there's a term for this?