• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally coming to terms with this

Wendell87

Hey everyone!

I've been obsessing about my gender since I was a kid, as I'm sure many of you can relate to. I've been terrified of it and ashamed of it, and it has let me to a lot of self destructive behavior including drug addiction/alcoholism, cutting, and suicide attempts. I'm finally, FINALLY seeing these things as symptoms of gender dysphoria and not the root of the problem. I've ordered Estradiol and am excited and terrified to begin this journey. I'm not out yet, and am in general just paralyzed in fear most of the time and never talk about this with anyone I know.. And that's why I'm here. So hi! :) 

• Forum Moderator

Welcome @Wendell87 it is nice to meet you. You are right that many of us can relate to what you are saying. I hope you have consulted a health care professional in regard to Estradiol so they can monitor and advise you on what is the correct dosages for you and your body. I had pretty much all of the things you listed and tried to self-medicate with hormones and it caused some very bad things.

I found a healthcare professional and a good therapist (one with gender identity experience is even better if you can find one). Please don't do it alone. Once I got a good team together, I found HRT one of the best things that ever happened to me. 

Hugs,

Heather

• Forum Moderator

Hi Wendell,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love,

Timber Wolf🐾

Thanks yall :)

Heather, I'm getting Estradiol through Plume, do you have any experience or thoughts on them to share? They recommended I take 2m tablets twice a day. 

@Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

Sorry don't know them. I UAE a LGBTQ health network and have blood work done every 3 months to monitor and adjust my meds as required.

Welcome Wendell! Glad you're here! We've definitely a lot in common. It was comforting when I learned about gender dysphoria & that there's something I can do about it. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.

Hugs!

Delcina