• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

So, I'm starting to think that maybe this is part of who I am?

awkward-yet-sweet

Another member on here suggested it to me, and at the time I thought that it didn't fit.  But I'm looking at my life and my body and realizing I've got some intersex traits.  Especially in my marriage, I've struggled so hard to fit into the "female" mold and it just hasn't worked.  With my husband, the usual intimate behaviors were never a 100% natural fit.  I was capable and even enjoyed it some, but my body just wasn't made for it.  My anatomy isn't quite typical for a female either, and that has made me feel very awkward over the years.

So my husband and I are "dating."  We're getting to know each other again in light of what I'm learning about myself.  He knows quite a bit about anatomy, and as he's been touching me in different ways, he commented that it seems like I respond to more typically male touch methods and zones. 

Is there some kind of continuum of "how intersex are you?" and how does that affect relationships and sexuality?

4 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Is there some kind of continuum of "how intersex are you?" and how does that affect relationships and sexuality?

Intersex is a complex topic. See the Intersex article in Wikipedia, specifically the Medical section of that article, for a description of the different types.  

Best,

Astrid 

@Confused1  Thanks for the video link.  It was useful.  Still have no idea exactly what I am, but it gave me a direction to think in. 

I hate medical facilities and I have an irrational fear of medical folks, but I'm looking up LGBTQ+ friendly physicians in larger cities within driving distance.  Maybe I'll find somebody who can figure out some reasons for why my body is the way it is. 

There are many different Intersex conditions and I can send you more info, video links, etc., but to really find out you will need to be checked out by a doctor. I have several friends that are Intersex, and each one is slightly different. Here is a link to Intersex Society of North America. They have closed their doors, and don't list all the possible conditions, but the website still works:

https://isna.org/faq/what_is_intersex/

@Confused1  Thanks for the link.  Interesting reading.

I've made an appointment with a (hopefully) friendly physician...but kind of dreading it.  I'm taking my husband and GF with me, because I can't even have an ObGyn appointment solo without freaking out to the point of incapacitation.  But I'm thinking that to get peace in my life, I have to pursue the reason for why I am the way I am.