• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's In A Name

Guest angie

I took my middle name (Joshua) and switched and added some letters. Mind you I tried a couple of combos. I didn't use my first name because I found out that my female name sounds better with a J than a B! good luck with a name!

-Joanna

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaryEllen

• Sakura

• Jayme

• 5 weeks later...
Guest RachelT93

Although my screen name says Rachel, I will actually be called Kelly Charlotte ( when i transition)

I have liked the name Kelly because it was kind of beautiful, and charlotte because i just think it is an adorable name.

My folks wanted to call me Lorna if i was born a girl, but i dont like the name at all! No offence to anyone called Lorna!!

hugz

Kelly

Guest Rika-chama

I have yet to decide on the name I'll want to go by. I'm thinking of shortening my name (Jessica) to maybe Jesse or Jess but I really don't like those options. Then there's my mom's favorite boy name, Oliver but I don't like that either. Right now I'm stuck between Mathew "Matt" or Conrad. I'm thinking Conrad because it's more unique than Matt but I really need to think about this more

Ni-paa~

Guest Carol Anne

People ask me, why did you choose Carol, instead of Collen or Collette (which too close to my old male name). Carol popped into my head and stuck, my wife chose Anne as my second name (never had one before), have had a think about other names and always come back to Carol.....I like it!

:D

And that's a very good thing Carol Ann.

Mine when chose,felt like my birth name.

I was looking at a book explaining the meaning of you name.

My middle name,which was to have been my birth name had i been born correctly...

Matches my personality to a tee,likes,colors ,favorite gem stone...everything.

Showed me that my parents girl name for me,IS Who I Should Have Been From The Begining.

Food For Thought.

Hugs Lady,

Angie.

Guest Brianna

Originally, I thought I wanted Brianna to be my name since its the feminine version of my male name. But it seemed to similar and I realized that it didn't really fit me. I remember that my mom would have named me Alyssa or Ashley if i was born a girl, and I know too many Ashleys. So I landed on Alyssa, and I really like it, its pretty, not to long, and I can have the nick name Allie which i like as well. My male nickname is simply my last name, so theres really no problem with that.

Also, my dad always calls me Brianna when he thinks I'm being a wimp, so when I think of Brianna now it just reminds me of how ignorant he is and I want to forget about that.

Loveee

Alyssa

Heeeeyyyy Riki Chama,

Take your sweet time,KNOW ,it's the right name for you.

And you will know.Trust me,you will know.

It will just Feel Right.UmmHmm.

Hugs Boy,

Angie.

Guest Jessica Renae

My original Femm name was Sara. Never really liked it just plucked it out of the air when my online RPG group asked my what my name was. I'm tall for a man (thus freakishly tall for a woman) so when ever I'd hear that name I'd think of a phrase I'd heard as a child: "Sara plain and tall". Yuck, not exactly something I want to draw attention to. After doing some thinking I could not come up with something that I liked until I stumbled across a forum (no clue which one) I saw the signiture "Jess". I suggested the name to my finace' and she liked it too. Yay!

Renae is a middle name I've always loved, and has survived since the Sara era.

Guest Evey in Ohio

like most of you girls I have had many names, and becuase of circumstances that perhaps I'll write about on here, each of those names and personalities had to die off. And that's how I feel about them they actually died. Kelli my last name had done quite a few bad thingsand my wife and I wanted to have a fresh start together. We bounced a few names back together but settledd on Evey. From the charecterin the movie "V for Vendetta" she goes through a period of self discovery. and I feel like that now with my wife I am on a journey of self discovery.

And you get to stay with your wife too?

MmmmHmmm,you lucky girl.

Love and support living in the same house...Wonderful.

Hugs To You annnnd Your Wife,

Angie.

Guest Allianna

hi all. well i said in my introduction it was a long story, so here goes.

well a while back like ohhh 4-5 years ago i had a major spiritual crises, unfortunately I was also battling major depression. After a while i had enough and asked an old friend if i could spend the weekend with her family. We talked a lot the first day and she told me about the old wiccan gods and how sometimes they would bestow insight. I figured what did I have to lose? Well it was wierd to say the least, cant go into all the details secretes and all that :P. In the end I was presented a challenge in my dreams, I had to kill myself to find myself. once i did that I was asked something that at the time struck me as horrifying. I was asked "Why do you ask who you are Allianna? You who were forged of Dementia and Chaos. Yet look upon yourself and think you to be a man? Why are you so blind?" so after all that I finally had an answear. I talked to several other priestesses and later several psychologists which after many sessions determined that Iwas truely female inside, all the suspicions i had growing up... it all just suddenly made sense now. I tried different names both male and female and every time the only name that felt right was Allianna Dementia.

Come to find out there was no definition to Allianna so I asked my friend if she had any info on it. Its meaning is ancient druidic. A warrior of both destruction and creation, while docile and caring at heart once threatened even time will stand still in the face of her fury.

Ironicly the Berserker blood trait is in my family so once i heard that I just KNEW that was the real me. and the rest as they say is history.

-thinks to self- hmmmm somehow i always leave huge posts sorry again!

Welcome Allaina,

Don't apologize for your post my dear.

You had something to say and i found it quite interesting.

We had a girl here named Isabella Lethalia Innocenzi.

And her name came from a childhood friend.

Now that girl could post a loooong comment.

But i sure liked her Big Time.

Welcome once again and i like your name.

Angie.

:banghead::huh: Trying to find the meaning for my given name James is leading me in circles. I finally went searcjing for the meaning of the word Supplanter and I can't seem to find anything about that term. All I can find is that it is Hebrew and has some relation to the Christian religon from this site http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_the_Just

I chose the name Jayme because I would have been named that if I was born a Genetic Female.

The really weird part is that almost everyone calls me Jayme now and nobody knows that I am Transsexual lol :D

• Root Admin

My cousin's grandson is named Adrian James. This has earned him the nickname of AJ.

Jayme,

James is the Latin version of the name Jacob which comes from Genesis 25:25-34 where Jacob and Esau were being born and Jacob grabs Esau's heel. I think the Hebrew root of Jacob means heel, but don't hold me too that. It takes on the meaning of supplanter, because Jacob later tricks Esau out of his birthright.

As for my name, I chose it because I already knew too many women named Kate and Jennifer and I think it gives more of a tomboyish feel, which is how I see myself. It works out because my birth name also starts with a "j" so, at least I don't have to change my initials :) .

J.

Guest Madison_Always

i initialy chose melanie cause it was the best i could find that started w/ M(my male name starts w/ m) that i liked. but i use Haley now. i found it on a website that had popular names from 1992( my birth year)

i chose kelly for several reasons.

1. its pretty

2. it was the name of one of the persons who helped me out of m depression (and probally my favorite of them all)

3. its no where related to my name (in anyway)

4. its my favorite girl name

Guest kathy sue

i went through several names before finding my true name

my given mane is one of the top androgynous names with many different spellings

have used many of them over the years

one day i was just sitting around trying out different names when it just came to me

katherine susanne steele and i knew i had found who i am

i like that it has several possibilities like kathy sue or kathy or sue.....i like katt

i never gave much thought about what they mean until i read this post

so i check a couple web sites and found

katherine comes from the greek meaning pure or virginal

susanne comes from the hebrew meaning lily

as luck would have it lily was right there so what the heck

lily from the latin meaning blossoming flower

so i quess that makes me a pure blooming lily

and my last name steele is my biological fathers

never have wanted or liked my stepfathers name

trying to live life as i see it in my minds eye

Guest Evey in Ohio
And you get to stay with your wife too?

MmmmHmmm,you lucky girl.

Love and support living in the same house...Wonderful.

Hugs To You annnnd Your Wife,

Angie.

I know I am lucky and she does'nt let me forget it lol... I just hope she does'nt read that later lol