• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Caffeine, does effect HRT

HI ALL

I am just starting HRT and wondering if anyone knows if caffeine effects the potency of estradiol?

I am trying to be careful about what I intake while on my program.

anyone else hear of the things we eat or drink that effect estradiol?

Lauren

Hi @lauran michelle There were no warnings by the Gender Identity Clinic, on the NHS website or in the box about consuming caffeine when starting HRT only about the dangers of smoking and advice for weight loss if you intend surgery.  I am still drinking tea and coffee it and the Estradiol is still working well, though as an artificial stimulant it never hurts to cut down your intake.

Moderation in all things.

I asked about this when I started and after 14 months I can say it has had no obvious detrimental affect.

Drink away, though i will say I have cut out caffeinated coffee or tea after midday and found some improvement in sleep.

Hugs

Robyn

• 2 weeks later...

I consume caffeine in multiple forms, coffee, tea, and soda, not that I drink a ton of it. But, my own personal observation that carries no scientific weight is it took over two years to hit target levels of estradiol, but with my body still showing changes according to normal development on hrt. Obviously, there could have been many reasons for this.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 32 Guests (See full list)

• StephieGurl
    • Lydia_R
    • Robin.C
    • Mx.Drago
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Mandy
    Newest Member
    Mandy

1. Chet55
      Chet55
      (67 years old)
    2. Harper_776
      Harper_776
      (17 years old)
    3. Nicole Swan
      Nicole Swan
    4. Progress Not Perfection
      Progress Not Perfection
    5. Ticket For Epic
      Ticket For Epic
      (43 years old)
    • Marcie Jensen
      I think it's a bit of both, actually. The blessing part comes from being one's self, being given greater insight into how different people think and see themselves as well as having a greater understanding of who we are as individuals. The curse part, well, it comes from being marginalized and the frustrations associated with a general lack of acceptance by society at large.   It's funny @Heather Shay. This thread brought an old Kris Kristofferson song to mind. It's called "The Pilgrim: CHapter 33." There's a line in it that says: "...Never knowing if believing is a blessing or a curse, or if the goin' up is worth the coming down."  For some reason, not sure why, this seems apt with regard to your question. Mostly, I believe the going up (transition) is more than worth the coming down (prejudice, fear, hate, etc) that we all experience.
    • Heather Shay
      Currently the waters are very calm.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you think being different from society's norms in regard to gender or sexual orientation is a blessing or a curse?
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/11/south-korea-supreme-court-ruling-on-legal-gender-recognition-an-important-step-forward-for-transgender-rights/     Carolyn Marie
    • VickySGV
      I have been in Colorado several times and one of the beautiful sights is the Rocky Mountains which have rocks.Sadly, they have an elected rep who has the same intelligence as the rocks, but is nowhere near as nice to be around.  Good for AOC.
    • Carolyn Marie
      Thanks, @Jamey.    Yes, AOC doesn't put up with any b.s.  Boebert and her ilk enjoy stoking the flames while pointing their fingers everywhere else.   Carolyn Marie
    • Hannah Renee
      I just just got an appointment with Dr. Schechter, May 3rd, consultation for zero depth vaginoplasty. Hoping I'm not pushing the timeline too much, but the genital dysphoria is getting a bit too much to deal with.
    • Hannah Renee
      Sounds like you had a "perfect" plan, and it sounds like a definite success. Well done.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      @VickySGV It might be difficult for some people to understand, but I think it is plausible. For example, most school shooters were part of their school's community. Some folks who shoot up a church are members of the congregation. And then there's family violence... being part of a group doesn't preclude violence within that group.  But that's not going to prevent people from making a politically easy explanation.
    • Jamey
      Well, crud. I'll try loading picture versions:
    • Maddee
      Rebirth Extra life. Frontline, essential, you!
    • Aggie1
      It’s the guns and butter problem. There has to be a safety net but also incentives. There have to be rules agreed to by a majority and some way to enforce them. Not too harsh and not too lenient. Having said that, sometimes you have to rock the boat to get people’s attention. If the status quo gets too comfortable people become resistant to change and the rights of minority groups get trampled. But you can’t live in a state of upheaval for too long.    The system has to allow people to fight for their rights.  it’s good to have choices. And the right to choose needs to be protected.    one of the unifying principles in the military at least when I was in, don’t know about today, was “I may strongly disagree with what you believe but I will fight for your right to say it.” I remember this advice being offered to me when the military was coming under intense scrutiny. Police forces are facing the same dilemma today. The problem with force is how do you police the police? Even those opposed to the use of force will resort to the use of force to protest the use of force, and justify it.   Trans rights and trans healthcare is no different. It has to be fought for and defended and justified. And then we struggle to get back to the Goldilocks zone until the next battlefield emerges. And the battle we fought is forgotten.    wash, rinse, repeat!   I’m starting to wax philosophic. LOL 😆   
    • Colleen Henderson
      At least my name's not on it, so there's that. But I do derive a lot of pleasure from having my own online radio station. People are listening.  Who and where are they? I have no idea. It sure is rewarding, though, to know that they find my creative efforts worth hearing.   For those who came in late...  I finally decided about two years ago, at nearly 80 years of age, to start putting my limited musical abilities to use. I recorded 60+ tracks and then a special Christmas collection and a recent tribute to some of the songs popular in England during World War II. Whether any more is in the cards remains to be seen, but I'm happy with the results so far.   https://yesca.st/stringsattached/  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.