• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Show Time tonight --

VickySGV

• Admin

Tonight is show time for "Voices- The Trans Journey In 3 Acts" put on by the Trans Chorus of Los Angeles here in Los Angeles.  I was cut from 3 monologues down to as single due to show run time limits but time is approaching.  I will actually be on stage a total of 5 times, and another  chorus member is reading a poem I wrote for the Chorus 5 years ago. (It has been that long!!) Those of you who do show business know better than to wish me good luck at this point.  I already broke a molar a week ago so we can pass on the Broken Leg thing too.  "There is no business like show business!!"

• Admin

I know you'll do great, @VickySGV.  Have fun!  Please don't break anything!

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Have fun Vicky ! I know you will enjoy yourself and the comradere 😘

C

• Admin

The show was a HUGE SUCCESS.  Only a handful of empty seats from people who had bought tickets but did not show, so, over 230 people in the audience (250 is theater max).  I have been napping off an Adrenaline Hangover today.  We all went out to 11:00PM dinner at a local 24hour diner type restaurant.  Two of my kids and their SO's were in the audience and loved it.  One number we did was Steven Sondheim's Children Will Listen from Into The Woods, and the cast members had submitted pre-teen pictures of ourselves that we had provided several months ago, but it had people in the audience tearing up from thinking of then and now in our lives.  One of our young Trans men had submitted a video made of pictures of his coming out in his local school district and the legal issues his family went through.  One story of coming out as Queer in the times of the HIV/AIDS epidemic was in there as well.  It was an emotional but hopeful and as the name of one of the Chorus's own songs written for us says it was "Victorious".

Vicky, the show sounds amazing.  Glad it was such a big hit.  Too bad your chorus doesn't tour nationally.  I'd love to see and hear them.

• Admin

@Sally Stone  We don't tour nationally via the road, but here are a couple of our appearances via the Disney Channel from this year and You Tube the year before---

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPHj8IdyRX4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UfSeCCpIA4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yndlC7LQCi8

There are a couple more of the bunch out there as well. 

• Forum Moderator

Wow @VickySGV!! Congratulations on your success. I look forward to watching these. I’ve seen you in one or two of these shows previously and it’s always inspiring to see one of our own making an impact. Good on you!

My Best,

Susan R🌷

Cool!  Congratulations on your success!  I hope there was some celebration with cake and punch for y'all afterwards 😊

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 70 Guests (See full list)

• Lydia_R
    • Samuel William
    • Hannah Renee
    • awkward-yet-sweet
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Sef
    Newest Member
    Sef

1. Andi Shay
      Andi Shay
      (52 years old)
    2. Fabiola
      Fabiola
      (45 years old)
    3. ghost
      ghost
      (59 years old)
    4. Julia Marie
      Julia Marie
      (31 years old)
    5. juliasvw
      juliasvw
      (51 years old)
    • miz miranda
      Even the song Take Five is extremely well known, I had never listened to this album before today    
    • Davie
      Thank you, @MayaXD The poem is from the viewpoint of an imaginary boy/trans girl who in a novel is the me I never had the chance to be. I'm rewriting my own past.   — Davie
    • Petra Jane
      Please check out our How To… forum, but basically until you have five posts, editing your profile is not available.   
    • debbie jones
      thanks for the message but i dont have a pic on my profile yet and cant see anything on the top left to clck on to upload a pic  thanks  debs
    • MayaXD
      Hi! I'm a questioning afab (It's ok, you can refer to me as a woman or just a person) and I have a large chest, E/F cup. I am searching for a rather cheap and comfortable binder, are the gc2b classical ones good? Do any of you have other recommendations? Thank you in advance.
    • MetaLicious
      I've had many favorites over the years.  My first was Ultima IV, which managed to pack a surprisingly vibrant (and large) world onto my 128k Apple IIc.  Star Control II was the next game to really capture my attention.  Both games managed to convey a story of surpising depth for a video game.   I had a brief affair with Total Annihilation. 4x games aren't usually my thing, but TA had a mod community that kept the game fresh for a few years.  As long as I played against the computer, my weak strategy wasn't a handicap.   Minecraft is my number one game, and is likely to stay that way, given how long it has held the top slot.  I loved Lego when I was a wee child, and Minecraft scratches that itch in a big way.  My daughter is always telling me that the things I build in survival mode are better than what she sees others making in creative mode.
    • Mx.Drago
      4th booster, so far pain everywhere.😞😷🛌
    • Susan R
      Nice to meet you @debbie jones. Take your time and look around. There’s a lot to take in but lots of great information. You can revise your profile pic in your profile. Click on your profile pic (upper left-hand side) and this will enable you to change it.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • debbie jones
      hi im debbie mtf from shropshire not realy shure how this site works yet but hoping i can find my way around it eventuly . does anyone know if i can revise my profile or load up a profile pic ? thanks
    • Susan R
      Welcome @Jessicaj! It’s a pleasure to meet you. You’ve already met the criteria for being a member by posting a nicely written intro. Feel free to add on to this intro when or if you feel the desire. There’s absolutely no pressure or judgement here. Like many others here, I would enjoy learning more about you and your struggles and victories during your life’s journey if you ever care to share. Thank you for telling us a little about yourself here today.   Warmest Regards, Susan R🌷
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      When I was a teenager, I was fortunate to have my sister backing me up.  There's less than a year of age difference between us, and we went to school together and played on teams together.  We also look very much alike and had the same style.  It helps to not be alone.   I wear boxers most of the time.  Actually, around the house, that's about all I wear.  I really dislike clothing of any kind in warm weather, so about the only thing my partners can get me to wear is shorts and a t-shirt.  One layer, nothing underneath.  I can be pretty stubborn about things like that.   A lot of the time, I wear basketball shorts.  Silky texture, good at sweat wicking.  If I have to wear a shirt, I often use ones that have the arms cut out.  Anything to stay cool in summer.  Bonus is that it is androgynous looking or even masculine. 
    • Willow
      Good morning  I guess I’m in a rush, software update.     I’m having Mountain Grown coffee this morning. Black please.  I’ll check.back when they are done with the up date   bye for now   Willow
    • Vidanjali
      Hello & welcome @Beginsat43 . Nice to make your virtual acquaintance. I relate to several things you shared. Due to intellectual incompatibility, I also found making friends difficult during the early part of my life. To compound the issue, I was raised in a deeply fearful Irish Catholic family - my mother was afraid of everything and indoctrinated me into that legacy of fear. It took concerted effort on my part to learn the art of friendliness and how to relate to others to realize intimacy on levels other than that of the intellectual. One practical part of this process, which is rather amusing, is that I had to adjust my conversational lexicon because I had spent much more time reading (I also did not own a TV until about 2012) than talking to people that I rendered myself "conversant", but unrelatable - I'd speak words that most folks do not know. (Sometimes I'd get asked in a mocking way, "what are you, a librarian?") To say it's been worth the effort to learn better how to relate is an understatement. I am blessed with many wonderful, beloved and loving friends in my life. Related to that, my study of Eastern religions has taught me in part that the intellect is but a tool and not my identity. This knowledge has deepened my understanding of how my existence is an aspect of a unified oneness, and that truly there is nothing to fear. Also, like you, I began to self-medicate at age 19. And, as I gain insight into my asexuality and gender identity, I realize that, similar to what you describe, my attraction to men has been very much steeped in envy. I am gratified to hear you are feeling positive and eager to realize your genuine identity. It is indeed exhilarating to let go of restraints which have bound us for so long. In many ways, it's like starting a new life. Cheers to you. 
    • Jackie C.
      I'd also add, that a friend of mine does trans yoga through her trans affirming enterprise "My Feminine Heart." She's a sweetheart and I'd be remiss if I didn't point you her way.   Hugs!
    • Heather Shay
      Paul McCartney's brother who was a member of the successful English group The Scaffold - did not want to use his famous family name to help his career and opted to call himself Mike McGear.....  
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.