• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I finally did it

Suzanne44

Hi it's Suzanne

I finally did it. I've told my sister who I really am. I finally got to courage up last night, I asked her to come round today because I had something to tell her. Before she arrived I felt that I couldn't do it, I nearly backed out. Well she arrived and sat down I started to cry and told her I couldn't do it. She said that there wasn't anything I could do to shock her or make her hate me. It took awhile for me to give her my letter. I asked her to read it and then left the room. She came to me a few moments later and put her arms around me and told me that she already knew. Apparently she had known for years and was waiting for me to be ready to tell her. Also I knew that my mother had know years ago before she died, although she never said anything directly to me i knew from things she said to me in random conversations before she died. My sister confirmed that she did know, she told me that my mother had said it to her years ago that she knew. Twenty years ago, why did I leave it so long to tell her, if I had known back then I could have saved all those years of pain and loneliness. Anyway now it's out in the open. She says she doesn't hate me and never will. She has promised to stand by me all the way through my transition. She has even offered to tell her son for me. Apparently the last few months she and her partner had talked about me being Trans and he has no problem with me also. If only I had known. She said that she knew that I was going to tell her today because over the last few months they knew that I was having a hard time with something, and she knew It was because of this. Well I've finally taken the first step. I just need  to keep going. This is the first step towards my transition and to me finally being Suzanne the woman I should have always been. I know it's not going to be easy, but with my sister and hopefully her son, partner and other brother-in-law all supporting me I will have the strength to do anything. I will have the strength to be finally be the real me, to be happy in my new life. I know that other members of my extended family will probably have a problem with me transitioning but I don't see them that often and I don't care what they think anymore. As long as I have those closest to me supporting me I have all the support I need. I may lose friends along the way but if they care for me they will stick by me. Others if they don't then so be it. I feel better now knowing that I don't have to hide things from my sister, her partner and hopefully her son and my brother-in-law. Hopefully I'm now free to be the real me, Suzanne.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported and given me advice here, without you I wouldn't have taken this big step towards my new life, and with your continuing support I will finally complete my transition to womanhood and to finally being Suzanne and to finally being free. Again thank you all so much.

As always ❤️ Suzanne

• Admin

That's wonderful, Suzanne!  I am so happy for you.  It took so much courage to say what you needed to say, and I'm glad you have family support.  I wish you all the best on your journey to womanhood.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Hi Carolyn

Thank you so much, I wouldn't have been able to do it without everyone's support here. Thank you so very much.

♥️ Suzanne 

On 10/1/2022 at 10:13 AM, Suzanne44 said:

Hi it's Suzanne

I finally did it. I've told my sister who I really am. I finally got to courage up last night, I asked her to come round today because I had something to tell her. Before she arrived I felt that I couldn't do it, I nearly backed out. Well she arrived and sat down I started to cry and told her I couldn't do it. She said that there wasn't anything I could do to shock her or make her hate me. It took awhile for me to give her my letter. I asked her to read it and then left the room. She came to me a few moments later and put her arms around me and told me that she already knew. Apparently she had known for years and was waiting for me to be ready to tell her. Also I knew that my mother had know years ago before she died, although she never said anything directly to me i knew from things she said to me in random conversations before she died. My sister confirmed that she did know, she told me that my mother had said it to her years ago that she knew. Twenty years ago, why did I leave it so long to tell her, if I had known back then I could have saved all those years of pain and loneliness. Anyway now it's out in the open. She says she doesn't hate me and never will. She has promised to stand by me all the way through my transition. She has even offered to tell her son for me. Apparently the last few months she and her partner had talked about me being Trans and he has no problem with me also. If only I had known. She said that she knew that I was going to tell her today because over the last few months they knew that I was having a hard time with something, and she knew It was because of this. Well I've finally taken the first step. I just need  to keep going. This is the first step towards my transition and to me finally being Suzanne the woman I should have always been. I know it's not going to be easy, but with my sister and hopefully her son, partner and other brother-in-law all supporting me I will have the strength to do anything. I will have the strength to be finally be the real me, to be happy in my new life. I know that other members of my extended family will probably have a problem with me transitioning but I don't see them that often and I don't care what they think anymore. As long as I have those closest to me supporting me I have all the support I need. I may lose friends along the way but if they care for me they will stick by me. Others if they don't then so be it. I feel better now knowing that I don't have to hide things from my sister, her partner and hopefully her son and my brother-in-law. Hopefully I'm now free to be the real me, Suzanne.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported and given me advice here, without you I wouldn't have taken this big step towards my new life, and with your continuing support I will finally complete my transition to womanhood and to finally being Suzanne and to finally being free. Again thank you all so much.

As always ❤️ Suzanne

I'm so proud of you.

• Forum Moderator
On 10/1/2022 at 11:13 AM, Suzanne44 said:

She came to me a few moments later and put her arms around me and told me that she already knew.

That’s great Suzanne, 

I’m so happy for you.

Hugs,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

Hi it's Suzanne

Thank you all for your kind words and your support. I honestly don't think I could have done it without your support thank you so much.

All those that are closest to me now all know, and they have all said how proud of me they all are for finally having the courage to tell them. They said that they wished I had said something sooner to them, I do too but at least I am now free to begin my transition and become Suzanne I am finally free to be the real me. I know it's going to be hard and a long process but now I have my family supporting me I know that I can do anything. There will be no more hiding. I will finally be able to be happy. 

Thank you for all your advice and support, and continuing help. I really couldn't do it without you all. I know I still have a long way to go but with all the friends i have found and are still yet to find here I know  that everything and anything is possible THANK YOU 🙂

I know I have still got many questions to ask, and still need lot of advice, so I will speak to you all again very soon.

Thank you so much

As always with all my ♥️ Suzanne