• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Favorite Cartoon Characters!

Guest Neuro

Guest Neuro

Hey! Most everyone remembers watching cartoons as a kid, right? Some of you still do, I bet (I know I do XD)

Do you or did you ever have favorites among the characters? Reasons why? Ever think "JEE I WANNA GROW UP TO BE SUPER-NIFTY LIKE ______" ??

Here is my list of favorite characters:

-XR (Buzz Lightyear of Star Command)

-Macey (As Told By Ginger)

-Ariel (The Little Mermaid)

-Kida (Atlantis: The Lost Empire)...She was pretty cool *CHOKE*

-Littlefoot (The Land Before Time) *Remember that movie? XD!*

-Rolly (101 Dalmatians)

-Jessica Rabbit (Roger Rabbit's wife, of course!)

-Tod (The Fox and the Hound)

If you like anime characters they count, too! But I'm gonna list my favorites separate just because.

-Gendo Ikari (Neon Genesis Evangelion)--Shinji's epic dad with the glasses and gloves-o-win!

-Neuro (Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)--He eats mysteries and sometimes has a birds head. How can you not like.

-Nakajima Hide (Gakuen Heaven)--He's the guy in my icon, he wins.

-Kai Nanami (Sukisyo!)--I wish he was my wife (HUNH...)

-Chi (Chobits)--I dream of Persocom!

-Conrad Weller (Kyo Kara Maoh!)--Yuuri's awesome godfather

-Kazutaka Muraki (Yami no Matsuei)--Serial killer who is a doctor, and pretty fine

-Itoshiki Nozomu (Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei)--A suicidal teacher who dreams of death

-Rei Ayanami (Evangelion)--Snap, she's just cool.

Of manga, my favorite characters are Justice from Doujin Work and Yuki Nomura from No Bra.

Does anyone at Laura's have favorite cartoon characters? Feel free to talk about them XD! I love cartoons, let out your inner child!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sally

• EVAN_DESU

• Milly

• JJ

From anime/Manga:

Vivio Takamachi (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS/ViVid/Force(?)) - Young magical girl with heterochromia, with a transformation that seems to make her appear as a more mature woman despite only being in the 4th grade normally.

Signum (Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's/StrikerS/Force) - A powerful magic knight, leader of the Wolkenritter (Cloud Knights) and doesn't age due to not being a real human.

Lina Inverse (Slayers (too many series/movies/OVAs to bother listing) - An incredibly powerful sorceress with a short temper and a love for food and has a knack for attracting rather "interesting" companions.

Deedlit (Record of Lodoss War) - A beautiful High Elf Shaman (elemental magic user) who is also quite capable with a blade. She was the start of my love of Elves, who have become my favorite fantasy race.

Suigintou (Rozen Maidens) - A "living" doll with special powers, who may have quite a few negative aspects about her personality, but I kind of feel she is relatable to due to what seems to be the cause of her drive to win the Alice Game.

Erza (Fairy Tail) - The "Queen of the Fairies" (nicknamed Titania) who overcame a difficult childhood to become one of the most powerful and respected mages in her guild.

Non-Anime/Manga (not listing reasons for these since most of these I haven't seen in many years and can't really give more accurate than that I remember I used to like them):

Rocko (Rocko's Modern Life)

Skeeter (Doug)

Lion-O (Thundercats)

Razor (SWAT Kats)

Tula (Pirates of Dark Water)

Zorak(Cartoon Planet/Space Ghost Coat to Coast/Brak Show)

This is very hard for me because cartoons were so much a part of my childhood, Sturday mornings started with breakfast before my daddy went to work, then we watched cartoons while my mother washed the dishes and after a couple of hours we aould go out to play, if it wasn't raining - it was hardly ever too cold.

You have to be fairly old or watch the cartoon network to have seen any of these.

Quick Draw Magraw

Babaluoie

Huckelberry Hound

Yogi Bear

Boo Boo

Buggs Bunny

Daffy Duck

Porky Pig

Foghorn Leghorn

Sylvester

Tweetie Pie

Woody Woodpecker

Chilly Willy (a penguin who could not get warm)

Never cared for Tom and Jerry or Heckle and Jeckle

That's about it.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Donna Jean

Oh my goodness....

I grew up on 'toons.....

And my number one all time favorite has to be Jessica Rabbit!

And all of the Warner Bros. characters

And of course...Good 'ole Popeye!

And lastly..Betty Boop! YEAH...YEAH...YEAH...she WAS way before my time, but i got to see them all.....

Th-th-th-th-that's all folks!

Donna Jean

Guest Neuro

Oh yeah, can't forget Betty Boop! XD Yeah, Jesica Rabbit was always a huge favorite--"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!" My motto in life. XD

--Michael

I only have anime/manga favorites XD

Orochimaru (Naruto) - Is it creepy that this guy is like me in wayyyy too many ways?

Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto) - Like Orochimaru, I want his body (bad joke) x_x XD (yeah I crush on cartoons. I rawk)

Itachi Uchiha (Naruto) - Sasuke's older brother is like twice as hot.

Alphonse Elric (Full Metal Alchemist) - Smart and obsessed with some of the same things I like

Light Yagami (Death Note) - Again... I crush on cartoons.

Lucy/Nyuu (Elfen Lied) - Can relate to her in a lot of ways...

Grenica Mars Elijah Guo Eckener (Cowboy Bebop) - Most amazing thing ever... (click here for profile)

That's my list? -blink- I needs to watch more anime's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

愛 Eth

Guest Madison_Always

hmmm let me think...

Goku- main character from dragon ball Z

Trunks- cute, time travelling, sword weilding bad *** lol I loved him

Ash- pokemon trainer who has to catch em all but cant bcuz they keep making more pokemon

Yami Yugi- altenate ego of yugi, protaganist of yu-gi-oh.

Kaiba- antagonist from yugioh

Otto- part of the gang on rocket power

Regie- otto's sister

Squid- neighbor to otto and regie

The Rugrats-do i need to explain :)

Quail man- lol, dougs fictional hero who loves beats, the vegetable.

Hahahaha.

Hmmmm.....

Inuyasha (Inuyasha...obviously...)

Kouga (Inuyasha)

Haruko (FLCL)

Ranma (Ranma 1/2)

Akito/Agito (Air Gear)

Tamaki ( Ouran High School Host Club)

Nekozawa (Ouran High School Host Club)

Lelouch ( Code Geass)

Harima (School Rumble)

Fay (Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle)

Shaolee (Black Cat)

Neuro (HAHAHAHAHAHA Majin Tantei Nougami Neuro)

Hmmm for non anime characters I have none except for Shake from Aqua Teen Hunger Force xD

Because I am teh lame.

Guest CharlieRose
Yeah, Jesica Rabbit was always a huge favorite--"I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!" My motto in life. XD

--Michael

Jessica Rabbit is the greatest cartoon character ever drawn. She's probably the first I've ever loved. Lol. I love how exaggerated and ridiculous she is, the oversexed-ness, obviously, but also how devoted she is to Roger. "I have to find my darling husband! I'm so worried about him!" That whole movie is completely ridiculously awesome. Patty cake!

That kind of reminds me, I was also pretty obsessed with the Hunchback of Notre Dame when I was little. Clopin, the awesome gypsy dude, Esmeralda and Phoebus were my favorites from that. (I think Phoebus is my favorite now. "Look at that disgusting display!" "Yes, sir!")

And I always loved Scar, from Lion King, and his sarcastic jokes. He had the best song, too.

Nowadays all my favorite animated characters and movies are the Pixar ones. The Incredibles, Wall-E, and Up are the greatest, in my opinion.

Guest Shane_82

My faves...

Bugs Bunny... got to love a bunny in drag

He-Man... he was just awesome

Leonardo - TMNT

Vegeta & Trunks from Dragonball Z... who doesn't think Vegeta's hair is awesome??

Stewie Griffin... Family Guy... got to love Stewie

Daria & Jane... from... Daria

I loves lots of cartoons... I just can't seem to think of all the characters I loves right now

Ummm... I'll try but it is hard for me to pick favorites and I am an extreme Otaku...

To start, the Anime...

Ciel (Kuroshitsuji): The stuck up noble brat who makes a contract so he has a demon butler. I like his looks and he gets forced to crossdress in one chapter.

Sebastian Michealis (Kuroshitsuji): The demon butler in question who is just hot. He also can do practically anything.

Light (Death note): I crush over him too...

Vash (Trigun): Love his personality and he is just awesome. The one part with the spider and the fly was cute but sad though...

Millie (Trigun): She is cute and she is as good a comic relief as Vash.

Rem (Trigun): Beautiful woman, I wish she wasn't a casulaty.

Box man (Neuro): I was so sad when he died.

Tsunade (Naruto): She kicks butt...

Naruto (Naruto): I like the nice good guy characters, so sue me.

Hinata (Naruto): Beautiful and I think she should get together with Naruto. Alas, it doesn't seem to be.

Eve (Black cat): She is so Kawaii!!

Alphonse Elric (FMA): He is funny, cute and I honestly do find it sucks he is stuck in his armor.

Lust (FMA): She is just a wicked bad guy...

Original Lain (Serial Experiments Lain): I seem to be one of the rare people who like this series and I find Lain reminds me too much of myself.

The cartoons:

Sylvester

Daffy Duck

Michealangelo

Bugs Bunny

Marvin the Martian

Fry (Futurama)

Stewie (family guy)

Lowis (Family guy)

Lisa Simpson

Maggie Simpson

Danny Fenton

Mandy (The grim adventures of billy and mandy)

Billy (Same as above)

...and Sesshomaru... -slaps head- of course I remember that super-awesome character right after hitting the 'add reply' button on my last post...

愛 Eth

Guest Emily Violet

Gir (invader zim) hes so cute lol

bugs bunny

betty boop

mandy (grim andventures of billy and mandy)

Bart (the simpsons)

inuyasha(inuyasha)

Guest Alyssa Leigh

I like Blossom (Power Puff Girls)

Arnold (Hey Arnold)

Tommy (rugrats)

Scooby

Cartman (South Park)

Bender (Futurama)

Garfield

I would have to choose

Bart (The Simpsons)

Stewie & Brian (Family Guy)

Guest 1Char

I will also seperate non anime and anime!

Anastasia (Anastasia) my fav movie as a child! She was men role model

Rosie the riviter (not really a cartoon) woooo wwII idols!

Carl fredrickson (Up) I like his attitude! Adventure is out there! Old farts rule!!

Dorothy (Finding Nemo) reminds me of me. XD

Mung (Chowder) never has a womanizer been so funny!

Flapjack (Flapjack) sooo cute!!

Now for the anime

Haru Hara Haruko (flcl) awsomeness with a capital awsome

Bobobo-bobo-bobo (bobobo-bobo-bobo) XDDDD

The major (ghost in the shell) ima grow up like her :P

Howl (howls moving castle) sexy! I love howl!

Grandpa (steamboy) "grandpa the steam boru!" another ba old folk!

Near (deathnote) he pwned on light hardcore = win

Kurumi (steel angel kurumi) woo! Kick butt!

Guest 1Char

I forgot soo many!

GIR (invader zim) ima sing the doom song now!

Edward (FMA) I want awsome arm and leg!

Orochimaru (naruto) evil never looks so.... Orochimaru-ish

Rock Lee (Naruto) with the power of youth lee is a splendid ninja indeed!

Vash (trigun) ohoho! I have glasses just like his! And a plush of the cat!!!

Armstrong (FMA) XD

Guest Neuro

Oh yeah--Can't forget Haruko or Near!! albino child o luv XD

Another one I forgot: MULAN from the Disney movie. When I was a little 'girl' I hated being a little princess, all my friends played princess... but Mulan was a Disney hero, not a princess; even though she was born a girl she could be a soldier! She may not have been trans, but she helped me realize "I don't have to be a princess, maybe I can be a hero instead of the one getting kidnapped or put into a hundred years of sleep..."

S-Someday, I'll be a dashing hero *pose* LOL

Guest Seth_J

Here's mine -

From Anime/Manga:

Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho)

Ciel (Kuroshitsuji)

Ayame (Fruits Basket)

L (Death Note)

Faust (Shaman King)

Sakaki (Azumanga Daioh - I crush on her a bit. xD)

Vegeta (Dragonball Z)

Muraki (Yami no Matsuei)

I think I'm forgetting some very important ones, but I can't think of them now...

Non anime:

Stork (Storm Hawks)

Zim (Invader Zim)

The Joker (Batman TAS)

Squidward (Spongebob)

Cosmo (Fairly Odd Parents)

Freakazoid (Freakazoid)

Lampy (Brave Little Toaster)

Cheshire Cat (Alice in Wonderland)

I also like Johnny (aka Nny) from Johnny the Homocidal Maniac, which is a comic book. That counts, right? >>

Guest LightNebula

Some of you like awesome characters. :) I love Suigintou (Rozen Maiden), Lelouch (Code Geass), Light (Death Note), and then I like Hiei (Yu Yu Hakusho) a lot. Characters I love not mentioned so far:

Clare (Claymore)

CC (Code Geass)

Arturia Pendragon/Saber (Fate/Stay Night)

Miranda Lotto (D-Gray Man)

Teresa (Claymore)

Barasuishou (Rozen Maiden)

Remilia Scarlet (Touhou Project, sort of an anime)

Tenshi Hinanai (Touhou Project, sort of an anime)

Shiro Emiya, before he becomes Archer (Fate/Stay Night)

Soul Eater Evans (Soul Eater)

Rika Furude (Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni)

Hatake Kakashi (Naruto)

Guest Neuro

Seth_J, you said Muraki from Yami no Matsuei; I said "HOW HIGH."

Srsly one of my favorite things ever history defies. <--is not coherent right now