• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Looking for some guidance trying to come to terms

RebeccaInMyHead

I'm a 27 year old male. I've always been on the smaller side physically and ever since I can remember I've had feelings or dreams associated with being a female even growing up at the age of 4 having lucid dreams of being magically transformed into a girl were always vedy prominent. Over the years this turned from the occasional dream to more prominent feelings as I got older in my early teens I started to find arousal out of these thoughts and over the years this has only gotten worse for me to the point where even the thought of wearing women's clothes gives me butterflies let alone the thoughts of transitioning. The thoughts in my head have always been ever confusing and I've never really been in positions to try and understand them like my want or need to crossdress. Ive only a handful of times been able to fulfill the constant craving to be a female  but even to this day I constantly fantasize and pleasure myself to the thought of being a woman. I've never spoken or written this but in 27 years on this planet it's one thing that never leaves my mind for more then a few minutes. I'm hoping that maybe I can find some help in trying to figure out what is I feel all the time and what makes me desire it so much it's extremely hard being in certain living situations and never being able to try and express myself as a woman. I wouldnt say im confused about gender i understand im a man but no matter what i just cant seem to shake this need to be a woman.I know the image of myself in my mind is female but trying to make the image a reality is something I've never been able to attempt on my own. I never really associated much with very masculine things more so just trying to fit in. From always playing female characters in video games to being able to talk more with female friends about anything. I guess I'm trying to ask how one can come to terms with the fact that I'm probably Trans and would be better off as a woman and much happier. Never having spoke this to anyone but myself some outside insight would be appreciated.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, RebeccaInMyHead said:

Never having spoke this to anyone but myself some outside insight would be appreciated.

Welcome!

So, I mean, maybe? The thing is that none of us are gender therapists. You're going to need to nail things down with one of those. I recognize a lot of what you're doing from my own life, but we're all different you know?

I didn't crossdress (I mean, I did once when I was little and got my ass KICKED for it, so... OK, maybe I stole a couple of things when I was older, it wasn't exactly cross-dressing though, I was going for breast prosthetics), I do the female characters in video games thing though. Cried myself to sleep wishing I'd wake up as a woman. Tried to tuck at three. You know, usual stuff.

Anyway, again we're not gender therapists, but I reccomend talking to one. In the meantime, maybe check out You and Your Gender Identity: A Guide to Discovery. It's a really good book to help you work out things in the beginning.

Big hugs, good luck and feel free to ask questions as the mood strikes you! We're glad you're here!

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, RebeccaInMyHead said:

I guess I'm trying to ask how one can come to terms with the fact that I'm probably Trans and would be better off as a woman and much happier.

Hi, Rebecca.  Welcome!

I second @Jackie C.'s suggestion to see a gender therapist.  You have a lot to discuss with one.  Your description is achingly familiar, though I didn't get to where you are until I was in my 60s.

We can give you our opinions, but we are amateurs.  A proper therapist with experience dealing with gender dysphoria can give you feedback to reassure you that you are understanding your situation well, and can help you with planning a way forward.

Regards,

Kathy

5 hours ago, RebeccaInMyHead said:

I wouldnt say im confused about gender i understand im a man but no matter what i just cant seem to shake this need to be a woman

Hi, Rebecca, and welcome.

One of the most useful lessons I learned from a conversation with a trans woman some years ago was a better understanding of the three terms Gender, Attraction, and Sex, which she referred to as the "GAS" model for easy recall.  I'll define them in reverse order:  Sex is associated with your physical traits -- doctors assigned you as Male when you were born, for example.  Attraction is associated with interest in others, be it females, other males, both, neither, etc. Gender is how you inwardly identify and think of yourself -- for example, as a woman, a man, non-binary, etc.  This often evolves over time as we find out more about who we are and what brings happiness.

Our society tends to conflate (make synonymous) Gender and Sex, however.  If you were born a male, then your gender must be male.  The GAS model doesn't do that -- there's a separate accommodation for each of the three.  For me, it was one of those light bulb moments that helped a lot with how my inward identity and my outer appearance could be so different.

I echo the advice you've been given about working with an experienced gender therapist.  I don't think I could say it any better than @KathyLauren-- that it will help you with planning a way forward.   Though each of us here have many common threads, we also have unique circumstances.  And no matter the pace, this is a lifetime journey.

I wish you all the best, and look forward to hearing more from you should you want to share more.  We all are here to 

support each other.

Astrid

Thank you all for such understanding and welcoming words it really means a lot. This is something I've been trying to live with under the radar as long as I can remember. ( the whole bottle up the emotions and pretend nothings wrong ) But the more I try and find what makes me happy and who I am the more my mind goes to how happy I'd be to express my true self the more I realise as you all have said that a gender therapist is probably my best option. This is kinda my first step into trying to accept this and looking for ways and advice from others like yourselves that have maybe experienced similar feelings and how to maybe manage a little bit better and how to go about properly asking for the proffesional help that i desperately need. Again thank you all for the warm welcoming words and I hope to learn much from everyone on these forums during my journey to finding my true self.

Hi @RebeccaInMyHead, pleased to meet you. The others have given wonderful advice. One of the 1st things I was told to do when I realised I needed to look deeper was remove some of the fantasy aspect to see how it felt. Turned out I got just about as much satisfaction presenting in ladies jeans and a top to watch TV or read a book as I did from fantasising. Though many of my daydreams had been about doing mundane activities like shopping, dancing & going for coffee!  Be honest with yourself and take time to register not just where you feel "wrong", but where you feel "right". Good luck!

Yeah. I also had the libidinal aspect myself and it was confusing to me whether I was just fantasizing.. I also got very excited about actually being a girl but back then there wasn't internet forums like this. The idea seemed beyond the realm of all possibility. So good that you are coming to terms and starting to figure it out in a safe venue.

Not every trans girl has that libidinal aspect early on I assume, just like not everyone were gamers and role played. It was something though, that eventually for me took on a different meaning, that it was an insight into my identity. But it took some searching to realize it and certainly finding safe spaces to dress up express myself, and explore my identity- whatever it was.

We post reminders that we are not therapists, and that is true, meaning only you have the answers. But I can share my experience since with the web there is a lot of misinformation from people with letters behind their name and actual experiences of trans people go unheard. 

11 hours ago, stveee said:

But I can share my experience since with the web there is a lot of misinformation from people with letters behind their name and actual experiences of trans people go unheard.

A lot of the "experts" are coming from a cis-gender mindset.  I'm not sure they understand how this really works.  They're on the outside looking in.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 137 Guests (See full list)

• tracy_j
    • Karen Carey
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

taxicab
    Newest Member
    taxicab

1. Amyjay
      Amyjay
      (58 years old)
    2. bettyjean
      bettyjean
    3. Breanna
      Breanna
      (52 years old)
    4. Emily Ayla
      Emily Ayla
    5. JET182
      JET182
    • Susan R
      Love it! This is great news. We need more of this to combat the excessive hate-filled rhetoric and misinformation. 👍
    • Susan R
      The experience was the same for me @April Marie. I slept much deeper and I woke up each morning feeling so much more restful sleeping with forms solidly in place. For me, wearing breast forms at night started when before I was a teenager. I had no access up to modern breast forms and certainly no way to buy mastectomy bras back then. I wore a basic bra my mom had put in a donation box and two pairs of soft cotton socks. I have some crazy memories of things I did in my youth to combat my GD but regardless, these makeshift concoctions helped me work through it all.   All My Best, Susan R🌷
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Colorado isn't exactly a Republican place, and won't become one anytime soon.  I think those folks might be better off not spending their time playing Don Quixote.    We certainly have our share of California "refugees" moving into where I live, so I wouldn't be surprised to start seeing Coloradans too.  I suspect the trend over the next few years will see the blue areas getting more blue and the red areas getting more red as anybody who can relocate tries to find a place where they fit better.   
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      Well, at least it'll be a place some folks could choose.  Options are a good thing.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      My family would have gobbled that jar up in a minute or two.  When we do have pickled herring, its usually for Christmas.  I didn't grow up with that particular dish, but I grew up in a Greek family so I like just about any kind of fish if I can get it.  However, ocean fish and freshwater fish taste so different.  We usually have more catfish and tilapia to eat than anything else.    What I can't quite get used to is the tons of cabbage my GF insists on eating.  When you live with a Russian, there is always cabbage soup.  Always.  When I first moved in with her, breakfast was "shchi" for soup and either bread or "kasha" which is a bowl of boiled buckwheat with butter and salt.  Those dishes can be made in any number of ways, some are better than others.  In the winter, it can even be salty and sour like kraut.  Not exactly sauerkraut, but packed in tubs with vinegar and salt so it keeps partially for the winter.  But I drew the line when the cabbage soup included pieces of fried snake one day.  😆
    • Ashley0616
      Good evening to you as well @Mmindy   That is awesome that you have support from her side. My dad has communicated with me once and that was because he was forced to. His new wife wanted to spend time with my kids. He hated me so much he was in the process of taking my rights away as a parent to my two boys. He was talking to a lawyer and I called him out on it. I don't love him at all. I'll respect him because I wouldn't be here without him but I wished I had another father. My uncles don't talk to me and unfriended me on Facebook. Almost all cousins except for two are still Facebook friends but they don't give me any support. My mom said she won't support me with that but she has said that she loves me. I have nieces and nephews that are still Facebook friends but they have yet to talk to me. I have one sister that supports me out of three. The other's disrespect me by deadnaming me. They have never called me their sister. I think for them they think it's still a phase. They don't ask questions about me being trans. I have to bring it up and on the look of their faces they don't look comfortable about it. 
    • Mmindy
      Good evening @Ashley0616,   I just got offline with HP tech support trying to get my printer tool box icon locked to my tool bar. This is one of the most important features of my printer that I like because it keeps track of ink, paper, and scanned documents. I'm diffidently not a computer geek.   I'll catch up with the other bookmarks next week. We leave to go home for the Easter Holiday with our families. Saturday with her side, and Sunday with my side. What's odd about that is I'm out to more of her side and they're reluctantly supportive. My side on the other hand are less supportive, and my sister just under me in age will not acknowledge my being there. She will be constantly moving to keep from dealing with me. I'm dead to her.   Hugs,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋  
    • Ashley0616
      I used to follow baseball and the team I would cheer for is Boston Red Sox. My favorite player was Papi. He was an awesome guy and even held a child during the National Anthem. I haven't watched baseball for a long time. It just died off to me. 
    • Ashley0616
      That stinks that nothing transferred, and no bookmarks were saved! 
    • Ashley0616
      I'm doing patches for now but I think soon I'll go to shots because it's hard to alternate when you are doing two xx patches at once. Unless she gives me Estradiol and progesterone
    • Sally Stone
      Go Cleveland Guardians!  I love baseball and I loved playing it when I was younger.  
    • Sally Stone
      My view is we are "dependent" on government, because as a society, we are too lazy to stay actively involved. So, we let politicians do our bidding for us.  I think we'd be in a better place government wise if we policed the actions of our politicians.  We elected them; they work for us.  Sadly, we are allowing them to run amok.  We are where we are because we have chosen to let politicians make all decisions without us.  Remember "by the people, for the people?" That was the intent of our democracy.  Today, however, it is "by the politicians, for the politicians," the people be damned. 
    • Mmindy
      "Play Ball! Batter Up!" is the closing line of the National Anthem as far as I'm concerned. It's the call of the Home Plate Umpire and signals the start of the game. I grew up in the TV and Radio broadcast of the St. Louis Cardinals. Harry Caray, Jack Buck, Tim McCarver, and Mike Shannon, were the voices on my transistor radio. KMOX 1120 AM pushing 50,000 watts of Class A clear-channel non-directional signal. It could be picked up all across MO, IL, IN to the East. KS, OK, CO to the West. IA, MN to the North, and KY, TN, AR to the South. There has always been a rivalry against the Chicago Cubs, in the National League. As for the American League, I have to pull for the Kansas City Royals. I've also been a Little League Umpire, and fan of everything the Little League stands for. Going to Williamsport, PA and seeing the Little League World Series is in my top 10 things to do on my bucket list.   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • Mmindy
      Good evening everyone,   I don't think my mother ever cooked a meal that I didn't like. We also had a kitchen where mom fixed the food, dad filled your plate, and you eat it. It wasn't until our baby brother was born that we could have Pop-Tarts for snacks. Before that all snacks had to meet mom's approval, and in her opinion wouldn't prevent you from eating supper.   Well my day started off on a good note, but has become frustrating because my IT person didn't transfer my saved videos I use for teaching. Then I found out that they didn't save any of my book marks for websites I use frequently.   Best wishes, stay motivated,   Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋
    • MaeBe
      The number is relative to method of deliver, the time of the dose, and when the blood is drawn. However, I do want to keep away from DVT and other potential issues. I assume I may be getting backed down from my current dose, but my doc told me to stick with the higher dose, so? I also wonder if this has anything to do the my breast growth and mental changes that have been happening over the past few years, like I have some estrogen sensitivity so a little goes a long way or something? I don't have enough data to postulate, but who knows!   With weekly, subcutaneous, shots you expect to see big swings of serum level estradiol from shot to peak to trough. My doctor is interested in mid-week testing (for E and T levels only), which would be post-peak blood serum levels but they will be higher than trough. Most, if not all, resources I've seen online is to measure at trough (which I might do just to do it next time) along with a SHBG, LH, and other metrics.   This is from transfemscience.org for Estradiol valerate in oil, which is very spiky compared to some other estradiol combinations. It's also for intramuscular, which will have a slower uptake and is usually dosed in higher volume due to the slower absorption rate from muscles. They don't have subcutaneous numbers, which I would expect to see similar spikes but higher levels at similar doses due to the relatively higher absorption rate direct from fat.   Are you doing pills, shots, or patches? And when you do get your levels checked are you getting that done when your levels are lowest or some other time?
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.