• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Wife isn't into women, especially my type of fem

WorkingItOut

The last couple nights have been rough talks. I got some acrylic nails done in a cute candy cane style, not too long. I think they are so pretty and I like the feel and care I have to give them.  I've been painting my nails for a couple weeks. I asked her advice on the way to the nail salon on what to get but she's never done acrylics before and didn't think I was going to do that. "Poor trashy girls spend money on nails like those, women who aren't do the french tips".

And that's just the little spark right? Then come all the questions I haven't really given a lot of thought too, I'm just enjoying the moment.

But she doesn't like my answers to if I could be reborn as a female and live in a world where i could do well with a STEM career without male privilege.

Always identified as bi/queer and was closeted crossdresser, but mainly hooked up with bi and lesbian women (I had some great long hair in highschool).

I took one of those quizzes yesterday about "am I trans" and it was "based on the last year how often" and if it was like "last month" instead then the pro trans answers (putting me right on the border) would have changed from somewhat to frequently. 

About a month ago I had the idea of being skinny again and being able to fit a dress like I used too and I've been on a bit of a walkabout since buying cheap stuff on Amazon and figuring out what works and what I like. A couple days ago the bike arrived and I've loved it too.

But I hate hurting my wife so much. She tells me she's scared that if I transitioned we would separate, she says I would leave her and in the same breath that she isn't into fem women (it's another patriarchal like convention that has it's own toxicity). I love her. And now the new clothes I've been excited about for weeks arrived and I'm not excited about them and I dread for her to see me on the bike... I feel real -crappy- now. 

Maybe I'm just letting my fantasies get away from me, but that's not a consoling explanation either is it?

• Admin

YoloW, I understand well how exciting it can be at first, and you want to feel beautiful and feminine and go all out.  But believe me, that will wear off after a while.  If you plan to transition, I suggest taking it a bit slower, and realize that not every woman, not even most women, dress and do makeup in a glam style, or wear high heels to the mall, and all the rest.  Most women I know, trans and cis, just want to feel comfortable while still feeling feminine.  Perhaps your wife would be less concerned if you were less ostentatious and less free with comments and actions that you know will bother and worry her.

My wife was also worried about me "running off" to be with a man, when I first came out to her.  She thought about divorce, too.  But within a year she calmed down and realized that she still loved me and could learn to deal with living with a woman.  She worried about what her conservative religious family would think and say.  But they turned out to be very supportive.  We are still together and happy.

It's important to keep communications open, to try and understand her fears, to compromise and listen.  It isn't all about you; not if you want to keep your marriage.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 164 Guests (See full list)

• Ashley0616
    • Birdie
    • Mmindy
    • MaryEllen
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

JamesyGreen
    Newest Member
    JamesyGreen

1. Alscully
      Alscully
      (35 years old)
    2. floruisse
      floruisse
      (40 years old)
    3. Jasmine25
      Jasmine25
      (22 years old)
    4. Trev0rK
      Trev0rK
      (26 years old)
    • Lorelei
      Things are moving quickly now that I have my drivers license and social security card in my new name. It was really affirming when I got my first paycheck in my new name. 
    • Birdie
      Amazingly I have found many cis women are absolutely wrong in their assumptions about bra fittings. I knew an elderly lady that said, "I have been a C cup since school, I just buy a bigger band size as my breasts grow." This is completely WRONG as the band should always fit snug with they gore firmly against the chest.    One of CNA's came into Torrid and I helped her pick out a new bra. She didn't even understand band size was inches and cups/band combo were based off Victorian shirt sizes.  She said, "how do you know so much?"   We found her proper fitting band size, then found a cup she fit.    How can people that take the vast majority of bra users know so little about them? Seems most cis women just use "try it on" only.     
    • Ivy
      As has been said many times, this is not a black and white issue. Sure.  I get it that a MtF person that has gone through full male puberty and "transitioned" 6 months ago probably has an advantage in some sports.  But these bans affect elementary school kids too. I mean, banning trans women from Darts?  Chess?
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Do you have achievements you make to mark your progress to becoming the true you?
    • Heather Shay
      believing forward movement is just ahead.
    • Heather Shay
      Worry refers to the thoughts, images, emotions, and actions of a negative nature in a repetitive, uncontrollable manner that results from a proactive cognitive risk analysis made to avoid or solve anticipated potential threats and their potential consequences.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Willow
      Good morning    Now @Abigail Genevieve and @Mmindy what makes you so certain I didn’t mean it to say bee itch certificate?  lol. Thanks Mindy. I was asleep when you saw this and fixed it, and yes Abigail, as a moderator I could have fixed it myself, or weren’t you pointing out the irony of that?   I use Alexis as my alarm to get up.  And I set the ringer to be two guys telling me to get up.  I was so sound asleep when they started telling me to get up that it scared me and my first thought were I had over slept.  Since I have a difficult time getting to sleep as early as I have to in order to get enough sleep I at least cut back my normal awake time to get ready.  But now I have to do my hair and get going.   enjoyed my coffee and a little time catching up   see you all later, for its hi ho hi ho it’s off to work I go.   Willow
    • EasyE
      Republicans have long committed grave errors by emphasizing their social agenda and moral issues instead of just focusing on the economy, lowering taxes, keeping the public safe, building a strong national defense, promoting business, touting reasonable immigration policies, etc.   The country would thrive economically under Trump's tax and business policies. That's a fact. Another four years of Biden will run this country into the ground financially (including all of our 401Ks and IRAs). But the GOP continues to play right into the Dems' hands by leading with their moral crusades instead of staying the course and trusting their fiscal policies to win the day... 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-news/hundreds-athletes-urge-ncaa-not-ban-trans-athletes-womens-sports-rcna149033     Carolyn Marie
    • KymmieL
      Well first day is over and now getting ready for bed soon. Work was OK.   Don't know why but I am feeling down. I am heading to bed. Good Night.   Kymmie
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Boyfriend and I our time at my place.Both admit our sex life is good,got intimate for the 2nd time and he is good at it
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.