• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

AOC on "Thoughts and Prayers"

Jamey-Heather

• Admin

Thanks, @Jamey.    Yes, AOC doesn't put up with any b.s.  Boebert and her ilk enjoy stoking the flames while pointing their fingers everywhere else.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

I have been in Colorado several times and one of the beautiful sights is the Rocky Mountains which have rocks.Sadly, they have an elected rep who has the same intelligence as the rocks, but is nowhere near as nice to be around.  Good for AOC.

• Forum Moderator

Thoughts and prayers are indeed not enough when other options exist. My father was part of a well regulated militia ie the National Guard after serving in the pacific theater during WW2.  We have always had job specific firearms on the farm.  Automatic weapons legislation is certainly more reasonable and useful than shallow thoughts and prayers.  Unfortunately this has become such a political issue.  Hyper feelings rage one way or the other and all we get are thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Charlize

1 hour ago, Charlize said:

ll we get are thoughts and prayers.

I suspect that in many instances, "Thoughts and Prayers" are just words. 

When people call for violence, and then when it happens, talk about "thoughts and prayers" as if it means something to them…. 

Yeah. Right.

I dislike when the Democrats play innocent.  I disagree with Boebert's stance on LGBTQ+ issues, but when the Democrats actively supported organizations like Antifa that brought violence to communities across the nation (and affected my own family and community)...that party doesn't have much room to talk.  AOC may be right about this specific issue, but even a broken clock sitting in a dumpster tells the right time twice a day.

We need a system where elections aren't always a choice of "the lesser of two evils."  Which is going to mean wiping out both corrupt parties, eliminating most federal agencies, and banning current politicians of any party from further office.  I'm starting to think that to get normal people in office, we may have to start doing it by lottery.  Did you draw white balls #13, #24, #52, #33, #22, and red ball #18?  Congratulations, you're the president. 

6 hours ago, awkward-yet-sweet said:

I dislike when the Democrats play innocent.  I disagree with Boebert's stance on LGBTQ+ issues, but when the Democrats actively supported organizations like Antifa that brought violence to communities across the nation (and affected my own family and community)...that party doesn't have much room to talk.  AOC may be right about this specific issue, but even a broken clock sitting in a dumpster tells the right time twice a day.

We need a system where elections aren't always a choice of "the lesser of two evils."  Which is going to mean wiping out both corrupt parties, eliminating most federal agencies, and banning current politicians of any party from further office.  I'm starting to think that to get normal people in office, we may have to start doing it by lottery.  Did you draw white balls #13, #24, #52, #33, #22, and red ball #18?  Congratulations, you're the president. 

Nicely put.

I'm pretty cynical about the Democrats as well.  It's just that lately they are not openly calling for my murder.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 27 Guests (See full list)

• Colleen Henderson
    • Hannah Renee
    • Ivy
    • MaryEllen
    • Nelsea
    • Astrid
    • techno_kinnie
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

techno_kinnie
    Newest Member
    techno_kinnie

1. Alex_
      Alex_
      (20 years old)
    2. Alisande
      Alisande
      (33 years old)
    3. Claire4now
      Claire4now
      (64 years old)
    4. Laura Michelle
      Laura Michelle
      (58 years old)
    5. Linda041w
      Linda041w
    • Astrid
      Yeah, I know some other NBs who've done the same, utilizing HRT only until they attained the (permanent) physical appearance they wanted.   That's never been my desire, because the mental gains that HRT has afforded me would disappear if I were to discontinue it -- and the mental aspect of it is every bit as vital to me as the physical.  My doctor confirmed that, in her experience, that's likely.  And my own several-week interruption of HRT last year during a medical procedure confirmed it for me, as well.  I have no plans to stop HRT; it's simply too integral to maintaining my positive attitude toward my whole identity, physical and mental.   Astrid
    • Astrid
      My distinctions are pretty much identical to yours, @Vidanjali.  The only difference is my AMAB origin, which means I would consider myself transfem-ish.  My deliberately imprecise place on the gender spectrum thus lies on the fem side; that's where I'm happiest.   Cheers,   Astrid
    • Delcina B
      Welcome @Rebel! Glad you're here! As you said "this is my life," while some of those I love have accepted me, some haven't, my wife, oops, ex-wife is one who didn't. Oddly we seem to get along better now than when we were married. The alternative to taking this journey exploring my gender was self-destruction. I'm glad I made the choice. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.   Hugs! Delcina 
    • KathyLauren
      @CD Rachel, you look great!  I am glad that things are going so well for you!
    • Delcina B
      Welcome @Andrea Nicole! Glad you're here! Our stories have so much in common. The more I travel this journey the more comfortable I feel with such a beautiful balance of mind & body. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.   Hugs! Delcina 
    • Delcina B
      Welcome Bo! Glad you're here. I can relate to someone trying to make me feel I was selfish for choosing to transition. My reality was, if I didn't I'd be drunk, dead, or both. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.   Hugs! Delcina 
    • Marcie Jensen
      Given this information, what she was a naked woman. Period. So...why is this even an issue? Which also begs the question, how on earth could the teen have known Ms wood was trans? This looks like an attention grab to me...
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      So, if there was no penis to see.... How exactly did the girl think she saw a naked male? Size of shoulders? Bone structure?  And without seeing genitals, how did she know this individual was naked in the first place?  Or am I a little bit dense?
    • CD Rachel
      Hello, sorry that I have been away for awhile but life sometimes has a way of getting interesting. So I have been seeing someone for the past 4 months now. We have been having a wonderful time together and I almost feel like my past life was a dream. Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family went very well. I feel so much like this is the life that I should have always had. I am totally out as Rachel and though I am not passing being fearless has led to meeting many new and wonderful people that accept me.    I have been surprised that I am also now being seen as the person that I had always wanted to be. Several times over the past 2 month people have  complimented me for being brave, generous, kind, loving, honest and open. Honestly when I started my transition these are the characteristics that I had written down describing the person that I wanted Rachel to be. The one that I was not planning on was brave but apparently that is how I am seen. My transition has truly been a transformative experience.   I hope that it is ok if I share a couple pictures of myself.... one from work and one from home.   Well, I have a lot of reading to do in order to catch up.. Hope everyone is doing well!  
    • Chanelta L.
      Hi Ivy,     It was a different time back 50's, 60's, and even 70's. Trans definitely wasn't a thing back then. Female impersonators, now that was the term. Now that I look back, my parents knew my tendencies, and I remember one conversation they had with me once about a supposed friend of my dad. There was a club near us for a while that had Female Impersonator shows and they told me about how his friend had a son who performed there and they were so proud of him.    I was oblivious at the time, but even if I knew it was a way to out myself I would have been too afraid to do so. I did not want to be different I guess.   Well I am much less afraid now, and am going to explore and embrace this side of me for sure. And you're right, it is never too late.    Chanelta
    • Ivy
      Saw a bit more on this: https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-santee-california-ymca-locker-room-freakout-became-an-anti-trans-crusade?ref=scroll   Thought this part was interesting. "In quick succession, the story traveled from KUSI to the New York Postand Daily Mail. A game of telephone played out in the process, with Mail, OAN, and The Daily Wire reporting that Phillips had seen a penis in the locker room. But Phillips herself had said in her city council comments only that she had seen a “naked male.” On local TV, she got a bit more specific, saying that she “did not see the man’s front side.” In fact, it would have been impossible for the teenager to see a penis, because Wood underwent gender-affirming surgery in 2016."
    • Maddee
      Sorry lame comment. I am surprised and happy to hear your good news Heather! Best to you going forward 🌈🌈
    • Jackie C.
      I know a AFAB NB who had some hormone therapy until their body had more-or-less the appearance that made them comfortable in their own skin. I presume they went through one of the informed consent clinics. I don't see them going cowboy route and just self-medicating though I've never asked.   Hugs!
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
      Fully agree with @Carolyn Marieon locking this one.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.