• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hiya everyone

luna13

Just a quick introduction im luna, im 31 from the UK and i think im trans MTF im here for support and friends before makeing any announcement to family/friends i wanted to speak to like minded people on here to know for use that i think i correct 

Anyhow thanks for welcoming me to the forum xx

More context 

After reading some more post on here i wanted to add more context to my situation, 

It starting id say at the age of 10 trying on womans underwear like many other stories and introductions on here i have tryed to suppress over the years i am now 31 and that feeling on wanting to dress in female clothes and got worse, i have slept with men while wearing lingerie and find it really turns me on yes i am still attracted to woman also but its turned into lust for wanting to be in the body more then anything and look like a woman and wear what they wear acr how they act, after a long nine year relationship and two young children my relationship broke and that leads to now as its got more and more frequently i want to me like this 

I just dont no were to turn what do i do i have had to move back with parents which makes it impossible to wear anything i want to and be who i want to be 

• Forum Moderator

Hey Luna! Good morning (for me anyway, it's closer to noon for you when I'm posting this)!

Yeah, being trans leads to a lot of... well, a lot. Relationships fail because, hey, they never met the real you, just the face you put on. Family might be more accepting than you think. I've had mixed results, but I have friends with supportive parents (my parents weren't really supportive before I came out, I don't know why I expected anything different).

So my advice to you, first step, is to get with a gender therapist and talk it out. Being trans is a little bit different for everybody. Between the two of you, you can work out what you need to do to make yourself happy in your own skin. There's a lot of variations there. I know people that are perfectly happy to go out as their female alter-egos once a month and people who needed to just have all the surgeries before they were satisfied. You need to figure out what's right for you.

In the meantime, we're here with unconditional support and what advice we can offer. Please take part as the mood strikes you! We're glad you're here!

Hugs!

Hi jackie thank thays commenting back, as of now how i feel id like top surgery, facial surgery, hair removal im in-between on bottom surgery im not sure why, but its the main fact i cant dress how i want to living with parents but only i can solve that problem i know, i also need to lose a little weight and get a more feminine body as im just starting out woth everything ive been dressing for years but i want more! 

Maybe i need to get away by myself for a weekend or somthing but if i buy clothes i have nowhere really to hide anything apart from a holdall bag 

Its all very depressing to be honest 

• Forum Moderator

Welcome Luna.  I remember not being able to live as myself due to parental pressure.  I was lucky to be a farm kid so i could hide my stuff in an unused hayloft which while either hot or cold was always mine.  Time will hopefully take the reason for that depression away.  We do what we can today and let the future care for itself.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi, Luna.  Welcome.

Charlize's recommendation to see a gender therapist is a good one.  Unfortunately, the NHS in the UK is backlogged, and waiting lists are measured in years, not months.  So get your name in the queue ASAP.  Going private is an option to speed things up, but it'll cost you.

If I were in your position, my highest priority would be doing whatever it takes to move out from your parents' place.  Being able to be oneself at least at home is important for emotional health.

Regards,

Kathy

Thanks for the comments everyone well i think its top to stop spending and start maybe saving for a mortgage as i dont want to live in a council flat so i have a number of years to wait i guess 😢  maybe ill have to start getting away so i can be myself with no one around x 

• Forum Moderator

Hi luna,

Welcome to Transpulse. I'm glad you're here.

Lots of love and a big welcome hug,

Timber Wolf🐾

Welcome Luna! Glad you're here! I think you've found some like minded people & hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.

Hugs!

Delcina 

• Forum Moderator

Hey there Luna,

Welcome to TransPulseForums, as you can see by the previous comments you're in a safe place with people who care about you, and will listen before they respond.

Best wishes, stay motivated, and safe,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

Hi @luna13! It’s a pleasure to meet you and nice to have you here in our ranks. I know how overwhelming this can seem when you finally accept yourself and want to make some changes to reflect that. In time, I have no doubt these seemingly unsolvable issues can be resolved with some good support and a few trustworthy allies in your corner.

@Jackie C. had some great advice regarding speaking with a therapist and working out some of the complexities that come with being transgender. You’ll likely be able to get some quality support right here with a little effort. We’re here for that very purpose so if you have questions, need advice, or maybe just need a new friend, feel free to open a topic or shoot us a pm.

Warmest Regards,

Susan R🌷