• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Step one

Abigail Eleanor

Tomorrow I am going to tell one very dear friend the truth that I am transitioning. I've been driving her mad for a couple of weeks telling her I have a secret to share. She's surprised me by saying that she thinks she knows what it is (but doesn't want to tell me now in case her guess is wrong.) 

Thing is I think it's possible she DOES know. We've been great and close friends for ten years online though we've never seen each other and have never spoken on the phone.

She has succeeded in displacing my fear of coming out and replacing it with wondering if she really has figured it out!

I'm set to meet her online tomorrow afternoon. If anything interesting occurs I'll post it here. 🫣

Well, good luck!  I would imagine she probably already knows.  Good friends have a certain amount of intuition like that. 😏

Women can be very perceptive, so it wouldn't surprise me if she did know.  Most of the women, including my sister, that I have come out to weren't surprised by my revelation.

Well I did it.  

It went better than I hoped possible...and yes she did suspect my truth, @Trans22 and @awkward-yet-sweet you both were so right.  

She based her intuition on something I had forgotten about; a series of heated discussions we had years ago concerning a news story about trans women fighting for their rights. She told me today that it was those conversations that solidified in her mind that I might be trans.  She kept her idea to herself and never questioned me about it. 

So we talked a lot today and came out of it even more solid in our friendship than ever.  She made it clear that this aspect of me doesn't in the least change our friendship. She's amazing, I feel lucky to have such a good friend, I feel better about my journey ahead.

1 hour ago, Abigail Eleanor said:

.and yes she did suspect my truth

My ex suspected it before I did.