• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kasumi on TV

Kasumi63

Last month, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan had its first Pride Parade, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pink Dot, a LGBT support group. Over the past couple of weeks, several students have been telling me that they saw me on TV. Well today, a student told me you see the news clip on line, too. So I tracked it down. You can spot me at the 0:20 mark. I’m the one waving to the camera. 

• Forum Moderator

You look like you are fully enjoying that great crowd.

Hugs,

Charlize

11 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

I’m the one waving to the camera. 

That's fantastic Kasumi,

Hugs,

🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Admin

With very few exceptions it is fun to see yourself having fun in these events no matter how often they happen.  Good for you!! 

That's amazing, I'll have to share the pride parade story with my Dad and his husband who's Japanese.  As someone born in Japan it's nice to see more visible support for the LGBTQ community there.

Thanks so much for sharing, this put a real smile on my face and yours too I hope!

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

So I tracked it down. You can spot me at the 0:20 mark. I’m the one waving to the camera.

Awesome! You look so energized and happy!

Hugs!

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this, @Kasumi63. Knowing how Japan still struggles with support for LGBTQ folks, pieces like this news report are encouraging to see. ❤️

Thank you, guys, for all the positive comments. Japan has a long way to go, especially with updating its backward laws, but it's great to see people changing their attitudes. Over a dozen students and a handful of teachers have come up to me to tell my they saw me on TV and to voice their support. I'm as happy as I look in the video!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   2 Members, 0 Anonymous, 52 Guests (See full list)

• Andrea Nicole
    • VickySGV
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Cmiles
    Newest Member
    Cmiles

1. Alex_
      Alex_
      (20 years old)
    2. Alisande
      Alisande
      (33 years old)
    3. Claire4now
      Claire4now
      (64 years old)
    4. Laura Michelle
      Laura Michelle
      (58 years old)
    5. Linda041w
      Linda041w
    • Marcie Jensen
      Given this information, what she was a naked woman. Period. So...why is this even an issue? Which also begs the question, how on earth could the teen have known Ms wood was trans? This looks like an attention grab to me...
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      So, if there was no penis to see.... How exactly did the girl think she saw a naked male? Size of shoulders? Bone structure?  And without seeing genitals, how did she know this individual was naked in the first place?  Or am I a little bit dense?
    • CD Rachel
      Hello, sorry that I have been away for awhile but life sometimes has a way of getting interesting. So I have been seeing someone for the past 4 months now. We have been having a wonderful time together and I almost feel like my past life was a dream. Thanksgiving and Christmas with my family went very well. I feel so much like this is the life that I should have always had. I am totally out as Rachel and though I am not passing being fearless has led to meeting many new and wonderful people that accept me.    I have been surprised that I am also now being seen as the person that I had always wanted to be. Several times over the past 2 month people have  complimented me for being brave, generous, kind, loving, honest and open. Honestly when I started my transition these are the characteristics that I had written down describing the person that I wanted Rachel to be. The one that I was not planning on was brave but apparently that is how I am seen. My transition has truly been a transformative experience.   I hope that it is ok if I share a couple pictures of myself.... one from work and one from home.   Well, I have a lot of reading to do in order to catch up.. Hope everyone is doing well!  
    • Chanelta L.
      Hi Ivy,     It was a different time back 50's, 60's, and even 70's. Trans definitely wasn't a thing back then. Female impersonators, now that was the term. Now that I look back, my parents knew my tendencies, and I remember one conversation they had with me once about a supposed friend of my dad. There was a club near us for a while that had Female Impersonator shows and they told me about how his friend had a son who performed there and they were so proud of him.    I was oblivious at the time, but even if I knew it was a way to out myself I would have been too afraid to do so. I did not want to be different I guess.   Well I am much less afraid now, and am going to explore and embrace this side of me for sure. And you're right, it is never too late.    Chanelta
    • Ivy
      Saw a bit more on this: https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-a-santee-california-ymca-locker-room-freakout-became-an-anti-trans-crusade?ref=scroll   Thought this part was interesting. "In quick succession, the story traveled from KUSI to the New York Postand Daily Mail. A game of telephone played out in the process, with Mail, OAN, and The Daily Wire reporting that Phillips had seen a penis in the locker room. But Phillips herself had said in her city council comments only that she had seen a “naked male.” On local TV, she got a bit more specific, saying that she “did not see the man’s front side.” In fact, it would have been impossible for the teenager to see a penis, because Wood underwent gender-affirming surgery in 2016."
    • Maddee
      Sorry lame comment. I am surprised and happy to hear your good news Heather! Best to you going forward 🌈🌈
    • Jackie C.
      I know a AFAB NB who had some hormone therapy until their body had more-or-less the appearance that made them comfortable in their own skin. I presume they went through one of the informed consent clinics. I don't see them going cowboy route and just self-medicating though I've never asked.   Hugs!
    • Ivy
    • VickySGV
      Fully agree with @Carolyn Marieon locking this one.
    • awkward-yet-sweet
      I grew up Orthodox... church was mostly a ritual.  I joined my current faith community and actually began to believe because of my husband's first wife.    I'm strangely comfortable with my community, even though patriarchy is even more intense than where I grew up.  Sometimes you find out that you belong in a very unexpected place.
    • Mmindy
      Congratulations, that's wonderful @Willow I was raised in a strict Southern Baptist Church, and appreciate the learning it provided me as a young adult. I left the Baptist Church, when I moved from Missouri to Indiana, attending a Missouri Synod - Lutheran Church. I liked their teachings, however I wasn't going to go through the requirements to be confirmed. I've settled in a Friends Church that is Quaker based, because they don't judge people and are more free will. When ask about my Faith? I say I'm from the Church of independent thinkers. I do consider myself to be Christian, and because most of the Christian Based Churches believe in the same basic tenants of Christ. His crucifixion, and rising three days later to pay for our sins. I'm more about my own personal relationship with the Trinity. I don't like how some churches spend more money on things, than people.    Hugs, I know you'll make a difference.   Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋 
    • Carolyn Marie
      Yeah, I think this thread has about run its course and has detoured onto unintended roads.  Let's move on, shall we?   Carolyn Marie
    • thoustan
      Hi, amab here has anyone who is also amab nb gone down the route of hrt?   I have some questions if you have?   Do you feel more validated as an nb, did you ever feel like it pushed you to far the other way?   How did you acquire the fem&ms or whatever shape you got the oestrogen in, did you have to diy it or were you able to get a prescription? If you got a prescription were you honest abt being nb or did you have to fake being full mtf?   Did you go on a full or reduced course and did you take testosterone blockers or no?   If you did go on a reduced course was there anything you weren't expecting or was it what basically what described with a full course just lessened (this is what I'd expect)?   Is this post more suited for the hrt forum?
    • Astrid
      As you know, the wait times for this in the UK via NHS are years away.  I have UK friends who have have the funds for the private route and were happy they did.  We do NOT recommend over-the-counter HRT, if you're considering that.  There are real health risks that need to be considered and monitored.   I am NB and began low-dose estrogen under the auspices of an excellent gender clinic here in Boston in December, 2019.  Physical changes did occur (at a slower rate), but I found low-dose did not offer me mental improvement of dysphoria, so under supervision we increased the dosage.  I'm very happy now with both the physical and mental changes that HRT affords.   I underscore what @KathyLauren recommended -- seeing a gender therapist was very helpful for me, and for many, many other folks who participate in TransPulse.  Finding an exact label for your identity is something many folks focus on at first, but the label is just a label -- finding the actions, whatever they may be, that make you happy turns out to be more important as we move forward with our journey.   Cheers,   Astrid
    • Willow
      Thank you @Marcie Jensen.  It’s been a long time coming but the seed was planted many years ago.  Seventies.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.