• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Kasumi on TV

Kasumi63

Last month, Naha City, Okinawa, Japan had its first Pride Parade, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of Pink Dot, a LGBT support group. Over the past couple of weeks, several students have been telling me that they saw me on TV. Well today, a student told me you see the news clip on line, too. So I tracked it down. You can spot me at the 0:20 mark. I’m the one waving to the camera. 

• Forum Moderator

You look like you are fully enjoying that great crowd.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

I’m the one waving to the camera. 

That's fantastic Kasumi,

Hugs,

🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Admin

With very few exceptions it is fun to see yourself having fun in these events no matter how often they happen.  Good for you!! 

That's amazing, I'll have to share the pride parade story with my Dad and his husband who's Japanese.  As someone born in Japan it's nice to see more visible support for the LGBTQ community there.

Thanks so much for sharing, this put a real smile on my face and yours too I hope!

• Forum Moderator
12 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

So I tracked it down. You can spot me at the 0:20 mark. I’m the one waving to the camera.

Awesome! You look so energized and happy!

Hugs!

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing this, @Kasumi63. Knowing how Japan still struggles with support for LGBTQ folks, pieces like this news report are encouraging to see. ❤️

Thank you, guys, for all the positive comments. Japan has a long way to go, especially with updating its backward laws, but it's great to see people changing their attitudes. Over a dozen students and a handful of teachers have come up to me to tell my they saw me on TV and to voice their support. I'm as happy as I look in the video!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 114 Guests (See full list)

• Petra Jane
    • Adrianna Danielle
    • Betty K
    • Mirrabooka
    • KymmieL
    • AllieJ
    • elizamichellex
    • SamC
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. l.demiurge
      l.demiurge
    • Mirrabooka
      One thing I took on board from a former boss who was an absolute gentleman and fluent conversationalist but a hopeless leader because he was the classic yes man to his superiors, was to take the emotion out of the equation when arguing. Don't use hyperbole. Don't exaggerate. Stick to what you know and defeat your adversary with logic. Of course, your adversary will double down and make an even bigger fool of themselves, and not even realize that they have lost the argument, nor will they realize that people are laughing at them and not with them. It also helps if you can separate them from their minions.   A conservative elderly uncle, who left school at the age of 12, swears black and blue that taking Ivermectin (sheep dip) prevents Covid because he knew someone who knew someone else who took it and despite that person being momentarily in close contact with people who had Covid, didn't come down with it. "Well, you're the one with the science degree!" I said.   A lot of people argue out of ignorance. They base their points on populism and rumor. I rarely argue, but when I do, it is in an attempt to push back. Another favorite saying that I use is "Rumors are started by haters, spread by fools and believed by idiots." I then ask, "Which two are you?" 😉
    • April Marie
      Good morning, all!!! Cloudy today with some light rain coming. Not a day to work outside.   I will vacuum the house and the head out to our local hardware store after I get cleaned up. Time to buy a new bird feeder for the back porch.   I'm sorry the job didn't work @KymmieL! Hang in there.   It sounds like a busy time for you at work @Willow. Finding reliable people is so hard these days.   Time for another cup of coffee before I start cleaning!!   Enjoy this beautiful day we've been given.  
    • Heather Shay
      RIP Dickie Betts  
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Which  do you pefer to refresh yourself - Music, Movies, Reading, Gaming, Nature, Other?
    • Heather Shay
      HRT visit always NP brings joy.
    • Heather Shay
      Nostalgia is an emotion. It is the feeling of enjoying events from the past. People with nostalgia will often look at or use old things that they were familiar with years ago. This is because people feel more connected to those past times that they enjoyed, usually because it reminds them of how long it has been since they last connected to such past times. Examples where people may have the feeling of nostalgia includes watching old TV shows, using old technology that was very enjoyable, and playing with toys that you played with as a child. These memories are usually misleading, and can make someone wish that they could be young again, even if their childhood was mediocre. Human brains often leave out boring or bad memories, which can cause incorrect feelings about their childhood.
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
    • Heather Shay
      Welcome. Love your photo. Glad you are here and see you've already met 2 of the amazing people here. Hugs
    • Heather Shay
      CAT FACTS A cat's jaw cannot move sideways. The only domestic animal not mentioned in the Bible is the cat   A house cat’s genome is 95.6 percent tiger, and they share many behaviors with their jungle ancestors, says Layla Morgan Wilde, a cat behavior expert and the founder of Cat Wisdom 101. These behaviors include scent marking by scratching, prey play, prey stalking, pouncing, chinning, and urine marking. Cats are believed to be the only mammals who don’t taste sweetness. Cats are nearsighted, but their peripheral vision and night vision are much better than that of humans. Cats are supposed to have 18 toes (five toes on each front paw; four toes on each back paw). Cats can jump up to six times their length. Cats’ claws all curve downward, which means that they can’t climb down trees head-first. Instead, they have to back down the trunk. Cats’ collarbones don’t connect to their other bones, as these bones are buried in their shoulder muscles. Cats have 230 bones, while humans only have 206. Cats have an extra organ that allows them to taste scents on the air, which is why your cat stares at you with her mouth open from time to time. Cats have whiskers on the backs of their front legs, as well. Cats have nearly twice the amount of neurons in their cerebral cortex as dogs. Cats have the largest eyes relative to their head size of any mammal. Cats make very little noise when they walk around. The thick, soft pads on their paws allow them to sneak up on their prey — or you! Cats’ rough tongues can lick a bone clean of any shred of meat. Cats use their long tails to balance themselves when they’re jumping or walking along narrow ledges. Cats use their whiskers to “feel” the world around them in an effort to determine which small spaces they can fit into. A cat’s whiskers are generally about the same width as its body. (This is why you should never, EVER cut their whiskers.) Cats walk like camels and giraffes: They move both of their right feet first, then move both of their left feet. No other animals walk this way. Male cats are more likely to be left-pawed, while female cats are more likely to be right-pawed. Though cats can notice the fast movements of their prey, it often seems to them that slow-moving objects are actually stagnant. Some cats are ambidextrous, but 40 percent are either left- or right-pawed. Some cats can swim. There are cats who have more than 18 toes. These extra-digit felines are referred to as being “polydactyl.”
    • Willow
      Good morning,   I over slept yesterday was a couple minutes late clocking in.  But no breakfast or coffee.  Got caught up but it was go go go all morning.  I had to ask for a refresher on how I was to enter something but once I got a quick answer it came back to me.    @KymmieL sorry Ford didn’t work out.  We are always looking for good reliable people, I could get you a job here but the commute would be rough.  Today I have three audits to get done, plus other things during my shift on top of the regular things.  Since I am opening that puts me in the drivers seat.  The Asst Mgr comes in part way throuh my shift but she will have to handle customers while I do the work she would be doing if she opened. Tail wagging the dog.  Guess she’s getting punished for not following the Mgr’s requests.  They do tend to butt heads a lot.     Butting heads with people is a thing the Asst is known for.   @awkward-yet-sweet do you think just maybe this new graphics request was in the offing?  And why you were asked to go to work with your husband?  Obviously, he cares about you a lot and is trying to do things to help you.   speaking of meeting people @Adrianna Danielle we have a youngish customer who comes in frequently, I’d like to approach her but I’m just not certain yet.  She still dresses male but has long hair and early chest development.  My approach, if I ever decided I should would just be supportive but I really can’t be sure that is what is going on here or what and I would not want to make a big blunder if that’s not what he is doing.  A male with early teen boobs doesn’t want to be noticed.   well, I can’t be late again, I’ve got to leave now.  See you again later for afternoon tea and crumpets or scones. Mmm scones!   lol   Willow
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.nbcnews.com/nbc-out/out-health-and-wellness/scotland-pauses-prescriptions-puberty-blockers-transgender-minors-rcna148366     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.huffpost.com/entry/a-second-trump-presidency-would-be-a-nightmare-scenario-for-transgender-people_n_661ff9a9e4b07db21fd5d59b     Carolyn Marie
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.