• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

When frustrated run your cursor across the Christmas lights above and smile

Heather Shay

• Forum Moderator

When frustrated run your cursor across the Christmas lights above and smile. 

• Forum Moderator

It also works to only do the ones that are out.  Back and forth wait and pounce.  nd the the satisfaction  POP and gone

Definitely mesmerizing, and I have no idea why.  I guess sometimes I just need something to swat at, kind of like a cat.

As a non-Christian living in a heathen land (the Japanese have a very long history of rejecting Christianity), I thoroughly enjoy smashing these Christmas lights. LOL. Of course, Christmas isn't nearly as depressing now that I'm living here, but even with all the distance, the holidays usually get me down. Now if only I had some lights to smash in person!

3 hours ago, Kasumi63 said:

As a non-Christian living in a heathen land (the Japanese have a very long history of rejecting Christianity), I thoroughly enjoy smashing these Christmas lights. LOL. Of course, Christmas isn't nearly as depressing now that I'm living here,

Ooh, now that gives me an idea!

These days I've been pretty "Christmas just isn't Christmas to me anymore" (Nevermind the fact that I'm not Christian. That never stopped me from enjoying a holiday that was never entirely Christian to begin with 🤭. But life changes the last few years did spoil the holiday for me.)

So maybe what I need is a fresh take on the day, just with a little Nippon flair. After all, nothing like fried chicken to boost the spirits no matter what occasion! 😁

But I do feel like the American KFC franchises have really gone downhill in the last decade or so, quality-wise, management, etc. (I've been hoping their Japanese locations have been doing a better job. I would assume so, but I wouldn't really know.) So maybe it's the perfect excuse for me to finally give Mr. Chicken a try. They've been around in my area for decades, and I've still never tried it! It's been in the back of my mind for literally years now.

Here's to adapting to life, and building new traditions! 🎉

Was brought up Roman Catholic... I personally like the idea of repurposing holidays, cuz it's days special to you and it's whatever you make of it.

Getting various bottles each year to only fix lights to them and then smash them, sounds like a fun new holiday tradition.

Christmas is such a mixed bag of emotions for me, if only it was frustrating. 

You can choose your holiday glass variety water, soda, juice, adult juice... Also you can exchange smashing gear. Like cool protective goggles or the extra meaty sludge hammer, shield guards or smashing body armor. Then end the night with the feast of the deep fried chicken and more smashing bottles. Smashmas...

1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

Ooh, now that gives me an idea!

These days I've been pretty "Christmas just isn't Christmas to me anymore" (Nevermind the fact that I'm not Christian. That never stopped me from enjoying a holiday that was never entirely Christian to begin with 🤭. But life changes the last few years did spoil the holiday for me.)

So maybe what I need is a fresh take on the day, just with a little Nippon flair. After all, nothing like fried chicken to boost the spirits no matter what occasion! 😁

You can add a bit more flair to your Christmas with a Japanese strawberry cake, completely unrelated to the Western holiday.

And yes, KFC is not good.  Even when I was younger I found it too greasy to the point of disgusting.  Do you have Popeyes or GoldenChick where you are?