• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Hi everyone!

TheSmellyIrish

Hi there,

My name is Bo. I was born a boy but I've wanted to be a girl for as long as I can remember. Growing up, my father has always made me feel like I couldn't share this information with anyone. But, since he is no longer a part of my life (due to personal reasons that I will not disclose) I have told this to several people. My ever supportive girlfriend has helped me come a long way into daring to out myself towards the outside world and I don't think I would ever have told anyone had it not been for her. As of now I am around the fifty people mark who know about who I truly am, and my mother has been the only one that hasn't been fully supportive. In fact, it often feels like she is trying to gaslight me into thinking that transitioning would be cruel towards her. 

Since I still live with my mother I haven't been able to take any legal or medical steps towards who I want to be yet. So, in my free time I crossdress as much as possible. I post pictures of this online under an alias for my friends to see, or even dress up around certain people that support me. But it is vey difficult, living with my mother, to hide this from her since she has told me many times before she doesn't want to see it. 

As a result of all of this, as well as living somewhere rather remote among people that are not very accepting of anything that isn't the norm, I haven't really had the chance to talk to people who have/had similar journeys. I hope this community is as warm and welcoming as it seems and is willing to answer any questions I might have along my journey.

Have a nice day!

Hi Bo and welcome. Your story is similar to many that I have read here. There is a lot of great information here. I have learned a great deal here. Dive and explore.

Hugs

Sandra

Welcome Bo! Glad you're here. I can relate to someone trying to make me feel I was selfish for choosing to transition. My reality was, if I didn't I'd be drunk, dead, or both. I hope you find the wonderful support, advice & acceptance here as I have.

Hugs!

Delcina 

• Admin

Welcome to Trans Pulse, Bo.  I'm saddened to hear of your home situation, but take heart in knowing that nothing lasts forever, and circumstances do change, sometimes faster than you would expect.

In the meantime, we can offer support and friendship here, so please let us know how we might help, or just use the forums to vent. 

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning Bo,

Welcome to TransPulseForums, a place where you can be who you need to be. Like others have said, this is a friendly, supportive site. I'm sorry to hear about your current relationships with your parents. I am happy to hear that you have a supportive girlfriend, as well as nearly 50 other friend who know the real you. Change is a constant, so your situation will get better as time moves froward. One thing you'll want to do once you can do it legally, is seek out a gender therapist. Until then, you can count on the people here to listen, support, and share their experiences.

Best wishes, stay positive, and motivated,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋