• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Eating problems

ZaiynXavier

Hard to tell without more information. There's a lot of different disorders.  Keep in mind that stress sometimes changes eating habits, and once stress is removed your habits become healthy again.

• 3 months later...
On 2/15/2023 at 10:18 PM, awkward-yet-sweet said:

Keep in mind that stress sometimes changes eating habits, and once stress is removed your habits become healthy again.

Yes! as soon as I stopped trying to hide my breasts and dressed as the woman I know I am inside, I dropped 50lbs in weight. I don't eat un-healthy; I just overeat when stressed. Trying to live as a man was stressing me out, and last few years have been the worst. Now I am gradually going back down again. 

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my last visit to the ER kind of changed my ideas about diets. 

I found out I also am suffering malnutrition, and my iron levels were very low. 

I love eating till I'm full, so I have been filling up 3 times a day on monster salads. My snacks have been green beans or corn. Regular meals have been sparse in-between, but balanced. 

My protein sources have been protein powder and eggs, lots of eggs. 

I have lost lots of weight, but I didn't do my body any good at all. I'm not getting the nutrients it needs, and my problems that led me to the hospital might have been sourced from that. 

I have eaten a "high meat" diet (homemade chicken soup) now for two days, and my horrible leg cramps I noticed are gone. 

I'll talk to the nutritionist tomorrow about what changes I need to make to keep from getting sick. 

Hi Birdie.  You won't recognize my username but you know me... 42C

I've used food to deal with stress as well.  But finding a healthy relationship with food isn't easy.  I've played at dieting most of my life, generally with success.  But I was never able to sustain weight loss because I didn't know how to properly care for myself in that regard.  I'm doing that now.  Hopefully, it will help me come to the body weight that is sustainable.  Glad you're getting some help with your diet.

Yes, I have plenty of help with it. I just need to take things slow because lowing your weight too fast isn't good either. 

My diet is on hold until I get my echocardiogram and see the cardiologist. I had a minor cardiac event last Friday. 😳

Birdie 💖