• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

National Dress Day - March 6th

Sally Stone

• Forum Moderator

I'm headed to Philadelphia for a cardiac exam prior to hip surgery.  Ill have to settle for wearing a skirt as its a bit easier to slip in and out of.

Hugs,

Charlize

I only have one dress - a button down jeans dress. So, this gave me the excuse to order a new dress!!! Now I'm hoping it arrives by Monday - otherwise I'll have to celebrate when it gets her. Thanks for giving me an excuse to add a much needed item to my wardrobe!!! 🙂

I am so excited!! The new dress I ordered arrived yesterday - of course I had to try it on immediately...and it fits wonderfully!!! I can't wait to celebrate National Dress Day on Monday!!

Congrats on the new dress, @April Marie!!! Enjoy the celebration. I've got a nice body con knit dress I'm planning to wear along with some heels. There's just something about a woman in a dress that's special.

I made sure to wear a nice dress today, of course!

It's red with a black belt, V-Neck, crossover back, knee length, and this dress was just screaming for my black 3 1/2" pumps.

National Dress Day should be a national holiday!  I'd prefer to be shopping with my girlfriends in this dress rather than a day in the studio, but we can work on that!  I hope everybody has a nice dress on today!

I may just have the courage to post a full length shot of me in my dress....but for now here are my shoes. They are my absolute favorites heels and I wear them any chance I get.

Dress Day Shoes 2023 1.jpg

Dress Day Shoes 2023 2.jpg

Those are very pretty shoes, April. I LOVE them!!! They kinda remind me of the early 1950s, which was a very elegant period in terms of women's style. You rock those heels, girl!

Thank you for the compliments, all. I definitely feel pretty when I'm wearing those heels. What a beautiful dress @VickySGV!! You give me such inspiration.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't even know it was national dress day!  How did I miss it?

I can't wear any type of formal dress or heels to work unfortunately, but I will definitely wear a casual dress today just to try to make up for missing this important holiday!!  😃

Any day can be Dress Day!!! I had the urge on Wednesday evening to dress up - grabbed my leopard print blouse, a black skater skirt, sheer pantyhose and matching leopard print 6" platform heels. This 67 year old grandmother just has to show off her legs from time to time while they are still in decent shape. 😄