• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Tokyo Rainbow Pride

Kasumi63

Last weekend I went to Tokyo Rainbow Pride 2023 and had a great, great time. Being with thousands of LGBT folks, including a big group of transgender people, is so affirming! This year's logo is awesome. Whoever thought of combing the rainbow with a Japanese folding fan is brilliant! Here are a few pictures:

image.jpeg.b7c53b7ab0862ea18e58a86fb3478e8a.jpeg  image.png.712b2ef426f02ce160961ec2fb2fe468.png   image.jpeg.5426cc25494446981ce5b9a84e9b5b26.jpeg image.jpeg.68c5b6f7ecc1078baf8f346be845ea02.jpeg  

I love this so much!! The logo is both beautiful and brilliant. My mother - and my father - loved Japanese culture and visited Japan several times. Although they were divorced they still traveled together in later years and shared a passion for Japanese art and culture. My mom had several fans she displayed around her home. They were so beautiful and delicate. The logo captures both and with PRIDE.

Thanks for sharing the pictures!! I wish we could post larger pictures to see the details. is that you in front of the logo?

• Forum Moderator

That looks like you had a fabulous time in an accepting and loving community.  I want a rainbow fan now.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks for the comments, ladies!  That's me in front of the logo, April.  I don't like that my stomach pops out, but that's my motivation to lose a bit more weight. I love folding fans just like your mom. Charlize, surprisingly, I didn't see any rainbow fans, but I did get some merch at the festival. Now I wish I had gotten more!

• Forum Moderator

That's great Kasumi,

You look wonderful, we're our own worst critics. I love the fans as well, my wife, sisters, and I always have folding fans to keep cool at family functions. Some are delicate and dainty, while most are weather proof, and functional at moving air.

I'm so glad you had fun, and shared these pictures,

Mindy🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

• Forum Moderator

@Kasumi63 Looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for sharing it here with us. Everyone there is having a blast! I wish the pic thumbnail sizing issue here could get resolved. I’d really enjoy seeing the original size pics of this event.

Thank you for sharing. You look great, btw.

My Best,

Susan R🌷