• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

nailpolish~!

Koko S.

hiya yall~! i was wondering what kind of nail polish brand yall like & use? i been personailly loving the LA Colors like gal shine (i think thats the full name lol) black been my favorite so far sinces its super glossy as i like it :) im gonna try the red soon~  also do yall wear fingernails long or short? i always personailly like mine short since they look better that way lol

i'm sorry if i posted this in the wrong place or its been asked before i didnt see any related to this so i decided to ask yall myself lol

I have used that L A Colors black and liked it pretty well.  I mostly use Sinful Colors stuff that I pick up at the grocery store.  Usually a couple of coats topped with a clearcoat.  The clearcoat seems to help a lot.  

I'll probably go with the black and a Goth Hag look for Pride Month.  Could be fun.

5 hours ago, Ivy said:

I have used that L A Colors black and liked it pretty well.  I mostly use Sinful Colors stuff that I pick up at the grocery store.  Usually a couple of coats topped with a clearcoat.  The clearcoat seems to help a lot.  

I'll probably go with the black and a Goth Hag look for Pride Month.  Could be fun.

ooooh i've seen sinful color is it more like matte? or however its spelled lol i bet it looks nice with a clearcoat and i think that will look wonderful honestly : ) 

Not matte, but the clearcoat really does the trick - especially if you use 2 coats of it.  Looks like glass.

Actually, I never met a brand I didn't like, especially if the brand isn't expensive.  I buy mostly for the shade and don't pay much attention to the brand.  And based my experience, less expensive brands work just as well as the high-priced ones.

I am quite fond of very shiny nails, so I always use high-shine gloss coat over the color coat.  My go to gloss coats are Revlon Ultimate Shine Top Coat and CND Top Coat.  Both provide a long-lasting wet look.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

There is something empowering about the color red, right Sam?  

• Forum Moderator

I treat myself to gels at the salon at month + intervals.  I've kinda just floated into a dark red.  If i trim my fingers as the nails grow the gels almost act as an armor, keeping splitting to a minimum.  Pedicures are a must as my worn hips no longer let me reach my toes.  

The salon uses OPI i believe.

Hugs,

Charlize

Oh, I love it!

Your comments are perfect. 

Toe nails just have to be red.

Unless whimsy strikes ha ha

Isn’t it great to be a girl?

• Forum Moderator

I fall into the same thoughts as @CharlizeI treat myself at a local nail salon once a month, or the day before we're attending a function. The pedicure works out to be every three months or so unless sandals are the foot wear of choice then I'll have the nails touched up.

Three years ago my wife suggested we go to a couples spa resort, and I should get a mani/pedi too so we could spend the entire time together. She had no idea of the mani/pedi addiction she opened up in me. Since I still work in a metal fabrication shop from time to time, it's important that my nails are durable. I've found that Dip Coatings work best for my finger nails, and gel coats on my toes. I started with mat colors that are close to a natural look on my finger nails, and a little more adventurist on my toe colors. Now that I'm out and most of the people I care about, know about me. I keep my finger nails as shinny as I can get them. My toes are a light purple right now and my sandals really show them off. I never cut my nails. I only file them back into shape.

Shine on, in your favorite color,

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

@Charlize my knee problems make it difficult for me - coupled with bad eyesight. Pedicures are fantastic. 

I have only dabbled using Sally Hansen instant dry from the supermarket in Mulbarry and Pink.

I did consider using masking tape aound mails for the crisp edge lol

Hugs

MaybeRob

• Forum Moderator

I lover the photos. Good shade. Loved pedicures - but dry time always seems to leave smears anyway. Maybe Sally Hansen instant dry worth a shot as pro care is pretty costly in my neck of the woods.

Good for you Hannah!  I've started using the gel polish and UV nail dryer unit myself recently too.  This combination works better than the other polish did for me as it doesn't wear quite as quicky, because in my barista job it's pretty hard on my nails.