• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

I'm considering orchiectomy

jriddle1990

I don't like hrt side affects and they aren't working as fast as I wanted I'm still hypersexual..bi am on Adderall that doesn't help... But I'm looking for info...  Will I still feel pleasure thru my penis,?(?... As someone molested my whole childhood and teens I'm hypersexual and aroused by things I shouldn't... Another reason I want orchiectomy 

• Forum Moderator
17 hours ago, jriddle1990 said:

they aren't working as fast as I wanted

They rarely do,

18 hours ago, jriddle1990 said:

Will I still feel pleasure thru my penis,?

Yes. TECHNICALLY I still feel pleasure with my penis and it's been inside-out since 2020.

Hugs!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/23/2023 at 7:35 PM, jriddle1990 said:

I don't like hrt side affects and they aren't working as fast as I wanted I'm still hypersexual..bi am on Adderall that doesn't help... But I'm looking for info...  Will I still feel pleasure thru my penis,?(?... As someone molested my whole childhood and teens I'm hypersexual and aroused by things I shouldn't... Another reason I want orchiectomy 

Hi JR,

Thank you for these questions and your honesty in sharing about things that have happened. You and I have had a similar background.

So, I had a bilateral orchietomy (orchidectomy) six years ago and I did so for the same reasons you said. The anti-androgens were horrible things in my opinion. For me, just for me personally, really nasty drugs that did me quite a lot of damage, cause ill health, and at one point even nearly killed me. So I went ahead with an orchi.

My libido since then has continued but it's less aggressive: more of a slow hum. A lot depends on your levels of estrogen. If you are kept in pre-menopausal natal female range then you'll likely still have arousals but, if this is like me, they will be a lot less intrusive. Don't expect that to happen instantaneously by the way. For the first few weeks after the orchi my libido shot up - my body was adjusting to life without testicles. Then it settled and now I'd say it's typical of a natal females. It's there but it's not aggressive or intrusive. It's a very comfortable and happy state. 

None of the above should pleased be used to influence your decision. Although we share a similar background in our childhoods (horrendous in my case and doubtless in yours), that doesn't mean treatment is the same. Only you, your therapist and / or medics can make that call. Good luck with it and please keep us posted? 

xx

• 1 month later...

I'm also considering orchi..tucking issues n less hrt because no blockers needed would be good..this would help clothes fit right n lessen the odd feelings looking under my skirt n having to see a penis..

was reading side effects n wondered if any bénéfit to lessen side effects n still accomplis goal if have just 1 cut out n cord cut? 

more reading to do.

thank you girls

hugs

missy jo

• 1 month later...
  • Admin
On 7/20/2023 at 7:58 PM, missyjo said:

I'm also considering orchi..tucking issues n less hrt because no blockers needed would be good..this would help clothes fit right n lessen the odd feelings looking under my skirt n having to see a penis..

An orchiectomy won't eliminate your penis.

Carolyn Marie

giggles..no but I'd think with no balls the penis would simply shrink ..more..n it only needs to stay another year until vaginoplasty ..plus balls would be gone so id be flatter in my clothes..and ..if all goes well..1 year later have a coochy

hugs

Something to bear in mind is that following an orchi your scrotum will also gradually shrink. This can have implications for vaginoplasty. Leave it too long and you'll be left with a very hard, shrivelled, scrotal shell. I believe this can still be stretched during the vaginoplasty surgery but some reports suggest it makes the procedure more complicated and with potentially less depth.

There is an option to stop that which is cosmetic testicles because these keep the scrotal sack reasonably stretched.* That ticks two boxes but is a big cross in your third: no issues with anti-androgens, no issue with shrinkage. BUT it won't help with your bulge and tucking.

* I should point out that even this isn't totally the case. Whereas actual natal testicles move around inside the scrotum, artificial ones do not and the scrotum starts to clamp in around them.

My personal but anecdotal advice would be that if you are having a bilateral orchidectomy, as did I, that you try to have the vaginoplasty within 12 months and no longer than two years after.

Tilly 

thank you. I'm hoping to do the double orchi n have the vaginoplaszy within 1 year...so planning on trying to use same surgeon...so selecting orchi surgeon who also does vaginoplasties so they will leave what they need n map a plan for success instead of tossing their hands upbk saying well if I only had...

thank you

any other input or comments very welcomed

hugs

• Forum Moderator

If you are planning GCS within a year why would you want an orchiectomy?  Putting yourself through surgery and healing twice seems like an unnecessary step.  I got an orchi because i didn't have a need for GCS but wanted to leave blockers behind.  

Hugs,

Charlize

I'm really interested in this subject, not because I'm seriously considering it anytime soon, but because it might be an option for me down the track to mitigate my recurrent prostate cancer...with the added advantage of demasculinization. It is not an unpleasant thought. ;) 

@Charlize Bi-orchi is actually considered as a 'minor' procedure that might not even require an overnight stay. I'm speculating that the surgery is a walk in the park compared to GCS. But I get your point, you still need to go through the healing process.

orchi could serve à few purpose

1. stops testostérone n avoids blockers so becomes almost natural hrt, with hrt comming soon

2. gets my appearance n body closer while waiting on vagino in case that takes longer to get approve or there is a glitch..I would not still be walking around stuffing all that into tuck day n night n pouring each time I see feel or think of it

what if vagino never happens?

3. sounds like orchi is relatively quick n easy process n recovery..so could take another significant step 

those were some thoughts

thank you all for contributing n thoughts n questions..still pondering n you each raise good things to consider. thank you

hugs

• Admin

Everyone is different, of course, but I healed in about two days and don't recall needing more than an NSAID for pain.  Easy peasy, testicle squeezy.  😂

Carolyn Marie

oh carolyn Marie once again you sing sweet music n helpful information to me. thank you. 2 or 3 days n mild pain killers sounds like a very nice upside possibility..thank you. that becomes my target n hope

hugs

For something that is looked at as such a big deal (to cis men) the hardest part of the deal to me was the traffic jam I got stuck in getting there. Pretty much was up and about the next day, avoiding heavy lifting for a while, that's about it. 

Hi Missyjo,

My bilateral orchidectomy was really easy. It was inguinal i.e. from above. This is usually considered important for vaginoplasty so as not to cause scar tissue on your scrotum, but check with your surgeon.

It was a very short procedure (< 1 hour) and I got away with just paracetamol afterwards although I believe this is unusual and take something stronger if you need to (I can't take morphine products). I was walking properly quite soon after.

I totally get the desire to stop having to take anti-androgens pending the full GRS. That was also my aim. I really disliked the anti-androgens and they regularly made me ill.

A few other things happened to me following the orchi. I had some amazingly intense hot flushes - which can be quite scary if you're not prepared. More surprisingly, my libido went up for a few weeks. I still got spontaneous night time erections too for a bit. I'm guessing it takes a while for the brain-body to work out what has happened and to adjust. I'd say to make sure you have some regular E & T blood tests for a few months. But all of this is presumably the case with any fuller MtF GRS (minus the erections!).

Good luck! I'm really glad I had mine done.

xx

did you girls get the orchi n then further bottom surgery or orchi n stop?

hugs

It was an epic traffic jam, ride was easily 5 or 6 times it's normal length. We are those kind of people who check traffic hours in advance so had left much earlier than we would have normally and were still late. And it really messed up the staffing at the place, so much so that I was asked so many times about what I was there for at some point I just said "I'm one of those scary trans people."

laughs as I've called mysekf weird transgirl or transchick..smiles 

shower time

hugs

• 3 months later...

I had my orchi 2 years ago, and was like magic.  It removed a lot of my body dysphoria.   I still am having hot flashes.  My endo told me that they might take two more years to resolve.  I’m in menopause!!

yes I'm anxious now..want them gone n smooth finish there..

any suggestions please feel free

yes I'm not sure who will care for me either, which gives me pause on my vaginoplasty..pouts

I'm just going to get it in one shot. I want to get vaginoplasty done so I guess maybe two years from now will hopefully be able to do it.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 128 Guests (See full list)

• MaybeRob
    • Abigail Genevieve
    • SamC
    • Pip
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Quillian
    Newest Member
    Quillian

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Sally Stone
      That's me too, Mae.  I don't think it's me as much as it is the camera (that's my story anyway).  Cameras hate me.  I never met one that liked me.  I often wish I was photogenic; sadly, not so much.   However, you look terrific in that selfie! 
    • Sally Stone
      April, I'm so glad things went well when you came out to your spouse.  So often, things can go sideways.  It's a hurdle we all have to jump at some point.
    • KymmieL
      Well it is a no go for the new position. OH, well. nothing ventured nothing gained.   Kymmie
    • Davie
      Dickey Betts, the singer, songwriter, and guitarist of the Allman Brothers Band whose piercing solos, beloved songs and hell-raising spirit defined the band and Southern rock in general, died Thursday morning 04/18/2024 at the age of 80. Rest in peace...
    • MaeBe
      Thank you @Mirrabooka!
    • April Marie
      What an amazing life you've shared with your wife. I can understand the trepidation you had at telling her at that point in your relationship but it certainly saved all of the guilt, the questioning and the secrecy that would have filled your lives had you not.   I'm on the other end of the spectrum having denied and buried my truth for decades and fast approaching 50 years of marriage when the dysphoria and depression finally came to critical mass and I unloaded it all on a New Year's Day morning. As you might imagine, it led to a lot of questions, of questioning everything, of anger and hurt on my wife's part. Guilt, embarrassment, fear...and anything else you can imagine on my part.   Thankfully, our love for each other has always been the foundation of our relationship and, ultimately, we both agreed that staying together was what we both wanted. It was a tough year but, now into the 2d since my coming out, we've hit our stride and are exploring this new norm in our life.   I do so love your blog.
    • Adrianna Danielle
      Will be at my place
    • Vidanjali
      Congratulations on your new family member!
    • Abigail Genevieve
      I thought I would try my version of this. Changes in bold.   I am Transgender.  Sometimes it is remote, sometimes close. Sometimes I am euphoric, sometimes depressed. It is something I cannot get away from and cannot welcome enough. I see some things both ways that neither men as men see or women as women see.  I can be gentle and compassionate and hard as nails. I was born with male genitals but a female heart   I have my heart.  Whatever it is. When I look at a female, I wish I looked like her  Depends on the woman.  When I look at a male, I wish I did not look like him   Ditto. I envy female movements, softness, behaviors, appearances, fashion...EVERYTHING Female Depends. Sometimes I get angry at them because women spend time and energy in ways men don't.  It is not necessarily bad.  I could do without the gossip. Not all women gossip.  Excessive focus on fashion is something I find annoying. And expensive. I tolerate all things male out of social obligation...not because I feel like a man or because it makes me happy....but because that's what I was forced to believe was my only choice....beginning in early childhood. Sometimes it is helpful to put on the Iron Man suit and act accordingly.  But I have seen some tough women. When I look at myself in the mirror in only bra and panties...I can see my nude female body...and it makes me smile and feel amazing and warm inside....yet sad because that is not my reality. I could go either way, mostly. Really.  In tests in the last two years technicians have gone really quiet when they see how little body and leg hair I have.  I looked at myself this morning.  Remove a few clues and a girl is standing there. When I look at myself in the mirror in only boxers...I can see my nude male body and it saddens me deeply and makes me feel sick and depressed...and at times...even ashamed....Because this IS my reality. At this point I am not going to do that. In the mood I am in I might break the mirror. My true gender does not influence my sexual interests or preferences...or change who I am....in any form or fashion. Gender identity is in no way connected to anything sexually related on any level.  Not sure I want to make that statement so categorically. Life as a male leaves me with a feeling that something is off...that something is missing...that something is not as it should have been.   Well put. The idea of having to continue living as a male...as someone I am not...for the rest of my life...even if its only part time...causes great sadness and anxiety within myself. I've got priorities beyond this that this must fit into. The idea of living as the girl I am and always have been on a full time basis...regardless of where I am, what I am doing or who I am around...brings me great joy, happiness and a sense of peace within myself.  Would be neat. Looking like and living as a girl makes me smile.   Would be neat.  There are downsides.  Looking like and living as a guy makes me sad.   I have had lots of practice accepting this. I am Transgender....I am a girl
    • Ashley0616
    • Ashley0616
      Good listener, respect them, and show sympathy/empathy, even just being there
    • Ashley0616
      Getting dog today he's potty trained
    • Sally Stone
      Think positively, Ashley.  I have no doubt you'll find your king or queen at some point.   Hugs,   Sally
    • Abigail Genevieve
      Bob had the night off from teaching kara-tay and they planned to spend a lot of it at Cabaret.   Once in, Taylor waited for her man to park and looked around.  There was a sign "Mary, Paul and Peter LIVE tonight" and, sure enough, three microphones were standing in the open area.  A new hostess came up to her. "Are you alone?" "Oh, no.  He's coming." Taylor was led to a table. Bob was there in a minute and managed to get in there and seat her.  She smiled. "The act will be along in a few minutes. And Congratulations! I am SO EXCITED!!" Taylor responded to his look. "I got promoted." "To what?" "Head of Marketing." "You're kidding." "Nope.  It seems the Board finally woke up to the fact that the China cash cow may come to an end and they need to do something. Did you know that the VPs on up all get over a million dollars in compensation without really doing anything?" "No." "I am supposed to figure out how to re-energize over thirty acres of factory that have laid idle for forty years or more." "Why don't they do it?" She whispered,"the head of production is the son of the previous head of production. He has never produced anything."  She explained that everything was made in China and exported back to the US and sold under different brand names. "How am I going to find someone?" He smiled. "Congratulations. Sounds like a problem.  Hey, today we were talking about problems at our Philly plant.  One, it was built before World War 2. Second the city and state are tightening regulations and the tax structure is adverse.  Third, we get protestors every day, some of whom break into the factory.  People are talking about relocating." "We are forty miles from an interstate." "That is a plus.  Makes it harder for protestors to find us if we moved here." "You are really thinking that?" "I am, right now. I can't speak for the company.  I know there is a rail line." "Spur, actually, with several sidings.  The buildings are in good shape." "Do you have about five acres we could look at? How about if I take some pictures and send them off?" "Great.  And protestors would not be tolerated in Millville.  The factory area once upon a time was the main employer and people are very protective." Two weeks later she was in Philadelphia with Gibson and a few others.  The deal was signed and by end of summer ten acres, with an option on another ten, were being upgraded and equipment was coming in by rail. Not five, but ten.  She got a $20,000 bonus out of the blue.  The company was flush with Chinese cash that they didn't know what to do with. She was developing plans. But back to dinner.  "Did I tell you what they are paying me?" "No." She told him. "That is more than I am making." "You don't sound happy." "It takes some getting used to.  You are Management and Croesus combined." "Yeah. Is this a problem?" "No.  As I said, it takes some getting used to."  The musicians arrived and were introduced: three local teenagers in Peter Paul and Mary clothing and wigs like it was the 60s.  They began singing. "They are good," she said. "They are lip-synching." "They are good at lip-synching." They listened for a while. "Work is going to be intense for a while." "I'll bet." "I won't be able to talk to you about some of it." "I bet." They had a good evening.   The high point for Bob was that she let him put his hand on hers.  The high point for her was Bob did not seem threatened by her now being Management and making more than he did with a Masters. She didn't tell him she was likely to be in on the distribution of money the Chinese sent every year to keep them fat and happy.  But she had to finish up that report, so the evening ended early.  He drove her home, checked her apartment for people and again walked away hearing her lock the door three times.  She didn't say it, but he knew she was going to have a long talk with her therapist as well.   Her therapist was a night owl.  
    • Ashley0616
      envy: painful or resentful awareness of an advantage enjoyed by another joined with a desire to possess the same advantage obsolete : MALICE : an object of envious notice or feeling
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.