• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fox News At It Again!

Guest Donna Jean

Guest Donna Jean

My...my...my....

Fox News obviously thinks their viewers have the attention span of a gnat! And are as easily fooled!

They have a nasty habit ......

When A Republican gets into trouble (cheating on the wife, messing with kids...etc...) they put their picture on the screen....

BUT!

Lookie here...

You always see a little (D) after their name, or an [R] to show the party affiliation!

When the Republican gets into trouble they show a little (D) after their name ..hoping that their audience will associate the wrong doing to the Democrats!

Seriously?

YEP! (SORRY FOLKS...THIS LINK IS DEAD NOW...JULY 8, 2009..........Donna Jean)

http://www.open.salon.com/blog/gonzoid/200..._screwup_is_a_d

What nerve!

No, it's not an error...it happens constantly in the very same situations!

Adolph Hitler (D)

Joseph Stalin (D)

Osama bin Laudin (D)......LOL!

I just LOVE Fox News....How FAIR and BALANCED they are!

Donna Jean (T)

Guest ~Brenda~

Wow Donna!!

Good observation!! I wonder what this is all about with the 'D' when this gov is clearly 'R'.

FOX news is clearly anti Democrat... why? The news should not have any bias. Usually, bias at the corporate level boils down to money. FOX news must be getting some kickback from the Republican party.

Brenda

Guest 1Char

stoopid! Fattedargensense!!!

(that was my frustration word)

I dislike the idea that I am more mature then these people. I act like I'm five and they lower themselves to three year old status! XD

Can't we all play nice?

Anarchists unite!!

Hugz and luvz

Charlotte

Wow Donna!!

Good observation!! I wonder what this is all about with the 'D' when this gov is clearly 'R'.

FOX news is clearly anti Democrat... why? The news should not have any bias. Usually, bias at the corporate level boils down to money. FOX news must be getting some kickback from the Republican party.

Brenda

Wouldn't surprise me. I mean... The Republicans use God to sway people into their favor (fear = followers!) and then resort to "donating/funding" those who require it.

愛 Eth

Oh--WOW . . . Thanks for bringing that up. I noticed it with Sanford, but I didn't realize it was a chronic trick. I try not to watch FOX--even the local affiliate station here pays allegiance to boss FOX.

Guest Joe Cool

Dee Jay,

You are so smart and observant! I hate FOX news. They are rediculous!

Wow! To think all this time I believed that Osama was a (D) :P

I don't like people assuming I'm stupid - I like them to have all the facts to come to that conclusion :P

Joe

Guest Eagledancer

I am never shocked when humans act like...ummmmm...humans! Unfortunately, we are the species that will do anything to better our position at whomever's cost. Fox News is "Fair and Balanced" only for the narrow-minded, rich, and fortunate. I have personally known hard-core, conservative Republicans who eventually found reality when they lost their jobs or sustained an illness that left them unable to care for themselves. In my life to have risen, through sweat and tears, from a welfare family to success and then fallen again. I held true to the reality that one must be caring and loving to those they pass on the way up, because if the pinnacle cannot be maintained, the people certainly are NOT kind on the way back down!

As for the South Carolina governor, he represented that group, the Republicans, that chastise, condemn, judge, and suppress, folks outside of what they define as normal or acceptable. The beauty of this story lies in that the soon-to-be ex-governor has experienced true love. A love that is so undeniable that he placed everything he was about and aspired to be on the line to experience. I wish I could ask him personally if he really had any control over what happened in his heart. It is just an example that love transgresses EVERYTHING and is an uncontrollable force.

I have watched closely, and I am tickled to see his friends describe him more as an "Independent"! I'm sure that he is now...just another recovering Republican! There needs to be a 12-step program for sure. When people walk-on-water in that large political ocean and fall from grace, they surely drown because they never learned to swim.

It is my hope that as these folks "fall" one-by-one to feelings that they cannot control, ie LOVE, that it furthers the plight of our communities. Trans would never be an issue if we weren't in a need to LOVE self. GLBT is about LOVE...love of self and that pure complimentary love from another soul.

Fox News is losing viewers because there are more people being awakened to the truths of life and what is important! I know I must love all because everyone shares part of me and I, them. I am more similar to those that hate me then they ever want to know. As long as I keep it real, life is a highway of comedy watching people justify their perfection compared to me. The earth is one big boat and like it or not, haters, we are ALL aboard!

I can't tell the folks of this forum how much I appreciate the acceptance of all. Those that are going through difficult times just remember - "Tough times never last but tough people do!" Love ya'll and Godspeed... ~Chay~

• Admin

As long as there are folks like Jon Stewart to point out the obvious biases of Fox, and

the vapidity and stupidity of the rest of the mainstream media, there is still hope.

In the meantime, we all need to be vigilant and protest when its appropriate. Thanks

for your eagle eye, Donna Jean.

Carolyn Marie

Guest 71christy09

I tired of ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, HNN, NBC and whoever I may have missed because of the bias on all their parts. I was raised as a very conservative Republican, have voted Democrat and now consider myself Independant. It does not matter which news programs one watches, they are all swayed by the deep pockets on the sides of the aisle they give mouth to.

Well,

Fox News is about as unbiased as any of the Yellow Journalists of old, they hire their Muckrakers and when they uncover a Republican - they just 'accidentily' show the wrong party affiliation.

Citizen Kane would be proud (William Randolph Hearst) this is going beyond what even he did to sell papers.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Leigh

uhg. i hate fox news....and i try not to hate...but sometimes you just can't help it........

*sigh*

peace&love (except to fox news)

leigh

Guest Vivian

I can't stand fox news. Yes I know that all news media is biased, but I find fox so irritating I removed that channel from my TV memory so that I don't accidently flip to it while channel surfing.

Vivian

I have always said that if you want to know what is going on, listen to the comedians!

It is no harder to separate fact from fiction on the Daily Show and The Colbert Report than it is from any other news show and they are more entertaining.

What do I mean by listen t comedians?

They observe life a little more closely, looking for material and they uncover truths.

George Carlin was the undisputed master, check out his comparison of football and baseball - football is warlike and militaristic in nature while baseball is pastoral and peaceful - explaining why football has become our national pastime, we are warlike and aggressive!

Or read the quote from him on Skyy's signature, it explains why we have flame throwers - it is totally accurate but taken out of the realm of the need for military weapons.

They make you think, that is what they want - it is the last thing that a newscaster wants you to do.

Love ya,

Sally

Guest Emily H

Uh-oh...

The only news we watch here is Fox News!

Now I feel kinda.....Hm, I don't know, but...I think you could all imagine!

But the truth is, all news channels want more viewers, they want people to like them, they all become biased. Nobody can be bias free, at least, I don't believe so.

My family isn't rich, fortunate, or powerful! In fact, its surprising we are republican!

Hope you all don't get mad or anything! ;o

~Andrea

Guest Eagledancer

Oh Andrea...how could we be mad? Admitting you are a Republican is the first step of the 12-step program! Not really...it is sad that the Republican party has distanced itself from folks like you and me for that matter. When 60% of any group leaves then maybe the group should ask "Why?". News stations are all biased in some direction, and it is truth that comedians seem to put information in a thoughtful prospective. This is the reason that I drive my family crazy because I jump between MSNBC, FOX, and CNN when a story breaks. I figure somewhere between those 3 stories will be the truth! My Dad always said there are 2 things you NEVER discuss...Politics and Religion. I guess he is rolling over in his grave because not only do I discuss both, but I also discuss my sexuality! *gasp* ...Godspeed...~Chay~

Guest Elizabeth K

Hee hee - news reporting

Worse topic than spirituality! (kidding)

Why not just stick your head in the sand like I do?

I get my news from the National Enquirer, Star, and the Celebrity magazines when I check out at the grocery store. And then I put them back on the shelf before I leave. It's free and the coverage is just about as unbiased!

Okay - confession - I listen to Public Radio when I commute.

Never talk about politics, religeon, or sex. Hard to do when you are a transsexual Catholic/Wiccan, who voted a write-in for Ross Perrot.

Chay - you write so well! We need you more - post post post!

I guess i must be a little giddy - new diet - brussel sprouts and tap water.

Lizzy

Guest Donna Jean

I like to have a well rounded news experience...and I will make the judgment call!

Each Day I usually read, watch or listen to....

Fox...

CNN...

Al Jezzera...

Pravda...

BBC....

Daily Jeffersonian (my town's news paper....I have to find out who that I know is in jail....lol!)

Israeli radio...

I grind it all up in my head and then digest it!

Donna Jean

Guest AshleyK

I enjoy watching american news, but unfortuately in the UK the only american network we now get is Fox. It reminds me of what the Daily Mail would be like if they were a TV station. It's funny watching them talk about Obama, and watch them pretend to be fair. They slate him every chance they get, despite saying at the start of every report that they like him. They probably know he's too popular for them to treat him like they would every other democrat.

It is no harder to separate fact from fiction on the Daily Show and The Colbert Report than it is from any other news show and they are more entertaining.

The Colbert Report is fantastic. I loved it when Colbert went on The O'Reilly Factor...I think Bill actually took him seriously :o

• 2 weeks later...
Guest My_Genesis
I tired of ABC, CBS, CNN, FOX, HNN, NBC and whoever I may have missed because of the bias on all their parts. I was raised as a very conservative Republican, have voted Democrat and now consider myself Independant. It does not matter which news programs one watches, they are all swayed by the deep pockets on the sides of the aisle they give mouth to.

Sally your link didn't work for me, I really wanted to see that. :/

yup, I get my news elsewhere for the most part (meaning the internet, preferably not a major network.) ..so tired of soundbites and melodrama in the news.

I wasn't really raised anything :P my parents both lean left. but I consider myself mainly a Libertarian. which some people might consider conservative...however I'm not really a fan of things like mixing politics with religion, for instance. So I do like Fox's coverage on economic stuff. lol. But yes they're obviously not any better with the bias in their broadcasting as any of the other networks.

If you want unbiased news watch the Daily Show :P (yeah i actually think that show is less biased than most news networks, cuz he just makes fun of everything, lol)

Guest My_Genesis

My bad that was Donna Jean's link, I kept thinking Sally was the OP.

I guess she is getting more than her two cents in here, lol :P

Guest Donna Jean
My bad that was Donna Jean's link, I kept thinking Sally was the OP.

I guess she is getting more than her two cents in here, lol :P

Sorry about that, Honey....I went and looked for the updated link and I can't find the story now...I'l fix it as soon as I find it....My Bad!

HUGG

Donna Jean

• 4 weeks later...