• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Amazing Progress

hormonedifficientin2ways

Hey everyone, sorry for not being active for the past few months, but i have a happy story for you all. 

As a minor, the final decision to go on Testosterone is out of my hands. both my mother and father made it clear to me that they wanted me to wait until i was 18. I felt hopeless. It often feels that way as a teen, that my life just isn't in my hands, But i kept pushing. I didn't stop talking about it with them. i wrote a letter. it went through absolutely everything they needed to know, as well as what my feelings as a Trans person are like for me. 

It worked. They changed their minds. Over dinner my dad told me that i could go on testosterone. For the first time in months, i felt like my cries actually relieved something. a weight was lifted. I'll link the document here so that anyone who was in the same situation i was in can read through it, and maybe wright a letter of their own. 

I get my first shot very soon, and I'm really excited!

@hormonedifficientin2ways congratulations! Perhaps it's hard to say which is most affirming, getting to start T or having had your parents finally validate you. Two different realms of euphoria. Best wishes. 

That’s fantastic news! I know this can be such a hard situation, but it sounds as though you dealt with it brilliantly. Congratulations, and much respect to your parents for listening.

• Admin

Wonderful news, hon.  I'm very happy for you.  You will make great progress very soon.

HUGS

Carolyn Marie

• Forum Moderator
23 hours ago, hormonedifficientin2ways said:

For the first time in months, i felt like my cries actually relieved something. a weight was lifted.

That’s fantastic news and just as @Vidanjalipoints out there are two great realizations in your post. Acceptance by your parents and starting HRT soon. 

Congratulates and enjoy the ride.

Mindy🌈🐛🏳️‍⚧️🦋

This is such wonderful news for you both from being able to start on testosterone and for your parents hearing and supporting you. Good luck and keep in touch!! We're here if you need us.

Aww this is excellent news. As a person Newly on T, you can message me anytime if you have any questions etc... it's good to have support whilst you start out. So far T has been very exciting and gender affirming for me and I'm sure it will be for you too