All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Past hour
  2. ToniTone

Toni's Tale

My trans sister and some friends of ours had a barbecue, we had a great day! She gave me a full makeover, she's so great. Probably the prettiest my face has ever been. I'm still feeling such euphoria! I hope I never come down from this cloud... 💕 ~Toni
  3. Janae

Photo shoot photos

I have to agree with Dain. You look great in pic 7 ! - and the last pic above in the black dress! ❤️ Janae
  4. michelle_kitten

The Emergence of Michelle_Kitten

Time to share. I am actually pretty lonely tonight. I spent a lot of time isolating after my last marriage. Healing time was required and I haven't involved myself too deeply with anyone. My roommate is practically a stranger. My new found distance from my co-workers has come all too easy. The one person I really trust in my life was my supervisor whose last day was Friday. He's moving on to another job and a nearly $20,000 a year pay raise. I am happy for him, and eventually may go to work where he is working. In the mean time, I don't trust my new supervisor. I have a habit of being an extroverted introvert. I smile. I am witty and love to make people laugh. I am generally cheerful and gentle. Customers just love me overall. I get more surveys on my customer service than just about anyone else in the department, and they are overwhelmingly positive. At the same time, very few people know anything about me. Years of living with depression and hiding it have given me amazing acting skills. I am pretty superficial with most people and prefer to draw others out to talk about themselves or go into informational mode to avoid how I feel. I have been looking for something in which to get involved locally. The few things I've tried seemed to involve people either much younger than I am, or older folks. I don't seem to fit in anywhere, so far. I find it easier to go to a movie on my own, or go out to eat solo, than go with someone else. There is a local trans group, but they want me to show them a picture of myself in full girl mode. I am not ready for that. I still look way too guy to even feel comfortable having anyone see me. Then there are those cool social events which are never anywhere near where I live. Atlanta had a gay awards show this past week, but it was way on the other side of the city, and it would have either taken hours to get there, or cost me a fortune to Uber there (I don't have a car). I have a few friends with which I have gamed since 2015, but those are online relationships, and not the same. It seems I've forgotten how to connect with anyone. I just don't seem to know how to meet people anymore. I am fresh out of ideas. I am not a drinker, so bars and clubs don't interest me. I just have no idea where I can go to meet other people. Blah! I am not giving up, but tonight it is all kind of getting to me a bit.
  5. Today
  6. michelle_kitten

Hello

I can only begin to imagine what it is like. I am so sorry to hear about the abuse as well. I've had my own journey with that. It helps me to think of myself as a survivor. I am not the person I would have been had I not been abused, and that is sad. At the same time, I am strong and resilient for having come through it. It never ceases to amaze me the lengths human beings will go to survive. While your situation is complicated, and I would imagine frustrating, it is also a testament to your will to keep going, even when life put you in a horrifying situation or situations.
  7. Ellora

A long ways to go yet

Not all girl types talk to all girl types. I don’t talk to everyone I see, or want to join in on their convos. I have tried in the past, and it doesn’t always work, cause not everyone wants someone else to hop in or comment on a conversation. They may be loud or have something interesting going on, but it can turn into an awkward moment sometimes. Sometimes the timing is right, and everyone just gets along, sometimes they don’t. Being more social will give you more confidence, and you will find your groove. Give it time. I used to hang out at coffee houses, and not everyone there wants others to just start talking. I did find a coffee house that was very friendly and made some really good friends.
  8. Jani

Photo shoot photos

The last one with the silver hairpiece is very nice. That style suits you face really well. That color is fashionable now and you can see why, it makes your eyes just shine. On my earlier comment, oops my bad! but I'm glad I made your day. 😄 Cheers, Jani
  9. Jani

A long ways to go yet

Me too. I was never a great conversationalist but now that I have found my groove and my confidence I talk to everybody. I also wonder why was I ever like I was? Answer: lack of confidence. Also as far as the "hippy chicks" we all belong to a tribe of sorts and sometimes we just don't relate, even though we think we might or can. I'm not saying don't try to talk with them but sometimes we're just not on the wavelength as the people we run into. Que Sera Sera! Jani
  10. Jani

Good morning All. Coffees on.

Looking good!
  11. Yesterday
  12. Bananarama

Hihi! This was my morning coffee yesterday: Today I'm quietly relaxing on my patio with my ipad and a cup of joe.
  13. Bananarama

"Thanks guys" is it appropriate?

It also depends on one's station and familiarity in the community you're speaking to. For example, if you're new to a group, the last thing you'll want to say is ''thanks, guys'' and ''hiya guys'', but if you're among friends and are seen as an established member, then the use of 'guys' is usually seen as neutral, whereas as a n00b you're viewed with suspicion. Language such as this doesn't bother me in the slightest and I view it as completely innocuous. I'm comfortable in my own skin and in no way does the word invalidate me. However, it's always best to err on the side of caution. If you have to think "is what I'm about to say appropriate?", then chances are good that it isn't. 🙂
  14. VickySGV

Photo shoot photos

I'm going to be a bit of a rebel here, but #8 looks easily what your hair can become for you. I agree with Char that they are a bit over the top for office wear or grocery shopping, but going out for a nice evening totally do it for you.
  15. DeeDee

Photo shoot photos

You really do suit the off the shoulder cut dresses. I'm very jealous! (and I am still a fan of the ash wig) To be fair I have known mums who go out of their way to dress like the first photo just to collect their kids from school in a 4x4 that has never been off road in its life, but they are universally despised by the rest of us who just try to get there on time - so - absolutely, right place right right time applies to cis women too. 😁
  16. Charlize

A long ways to go yet

Conversation in the ladies room was virtually impossible for me early in transition. I'm less self absorbed now with greater confidence in my identity. I cam easily be drawn into conversations now. Relax, give yourself time and someday you will look back and wonder......did i once have a problem? Hugs, Charlize
  17. Charlize

Photo shoot photos

Smokin........ I just might avoid grocery shopping looking like that! Hugs, Charlize
  18. ToniTone

A long ways to go yet

That said, it is nice to have some girl friends who want to pull me into the social circle. A lot of the guys there are surprisingly supportive and friendly to me too. Socializing is just hard for me...
  19. ToniTone

A long ways to go yet

No tips, just saying I can relate. There's so many people at my treatment. I don't relate to the guys or the girls. I just kinda sit on my own during our smoke breaks. My transition sister and a couple girl friends have been pulling me into the mix. I just kinda sit in the circle and giggle with them, don't really ever have much to add to the conversation. I'm just so shy and socially awkward. My interests are pretty obscure and not really sided toward male or female stereotype. Really, these things have always been an issue. But it affects me more as a woman now bc sometimes I just want to be one of the girls, and not just some alien on the fringe... ~Toni
  20. Krisvm

Photo shoot photos

Okay the full photos of the day came through, here are my favourites. What do people think of them?
  21. Ellora

Good morning, starting on my 2nd cup of coffee, while watching the TV Show "Bones." Its a comfortable &2 degrees outside, with a slight breeze. The train sounded off somewhere near Pacific Highway , and a plane just flew by on the way to Lindbergh Field. The crows have left the area, probably looking for breakfast somewhere.
  22. Krisvm

Photo shoot photos

Ah thank you. I am not on Estrogen yet (just naturally pale) but I feel quite complimented you thought I was.
  23. So I went to a concert last night and it was a very “me” kind of a concert. As my wife tells me, it was a hippy dippy SoCal beach bum kind of a vibe. So lots of “those girls” as she also says. Up talking tattoo covered dreadlock wearing hippie chicks. Lots of flowy draped style dresses and bikini tops. Very me. But also the opposite of my wife which I tend to think could be our issue. But that’s not what I’m talking about. So so I was in the restroom and these girls just come in and make friends in there. They all talk and laugh and shoot the 💩 so to speak and I am just not even close to being able to do that. It was hard for me to feel so scared to talk to people that really are a lot like me. I guess it’s got to do with the age gap, transition fears, and just lack of befriending people in general. Idk. It was sad for me to feel that way. Like I’ll never fit in. So it’s probably not any of that stuff I said. It’s probably the not fitting in feeling. I don’t know how long that will last, but that’s hard for me. Any tips or tricks to help get over this sort of thing? 1:1 I am great. Heck even smaller get together type things. Or really giant. But that in public 1:20 sharing deal. I just freeze up panic and rush away sad with myself.
  24. tracy_j

Gym

I never visit the gym so have not really come across it but there are one or two swimming pools I have visited on holiday where there has been unisex changing. The showers were communal mixed (obviously no naked showering) with cubicles for changing. I must say that this is the ideal situation to find (in my opinion), which no-one there was worried about. At the time I was presenting male, and admit it was momentarily disconcerting (if that's the right word) when a late teens girl in a bikini showered beside me. My approach would be to ask a girl / woman friend who uses the facillities about them to get an idea as to whether there would be problems. Recourse to the law is not really a good option as it can be quite complex in this area as for some things (eg toilet use) nothing specific applies (at least nationally), and may raise backs for little gain and possible big loss.
  25. Willow

Good morning I’m on my second cup. Pop up showers or storms expected today. Then cooler weather starting Wednesday, yeah! Planning a trip to visit our son and daughter-in-law in mid August. And our daughter will be here the end of this week for a couple days. Been a busy summer for sure. Willow
  26. Charlize

It's beastly hot here. Simply moving groups of goats to various pastures and simple chores and i'm back in soaked. Thank heavens for air conditioning. We are fortunate to have our solar panels working away on long hot sunny days so still no electric bills. It is supposed to cool down tomorrow so i can get back to preparing for winter in relative comfort. Maybe iced coffee? Hugs, Charlize
  27. tracy_j

How the world moves lol. Been there, done that and now enjoying a snack with coffee winding down for the evening. Have a lovely day! Tracy
  28. tracy_j

They are a traditional berry here in the Uk, used in crumbles, desserts and jam. They are less used these days as they are pretty sour and probably not for the modern sweet tooth, but I grew up eating them off the bush (beware of the thorns lol). Tracy
  1. Load more activity
  • Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 132 Guests (See full list)

• ToniTone
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • ToniTone
      My trans sister and some friends of ours had a barbecue, we had a great day! She gave me a full makeover, she's so great. Probably the prettiest my face has ever been.    I'm still feeling such euphoria! I hope I never come down from this cloud... 💕   ~Toni
    • Janae
      I have to agree with Dain. You look great in pic 7 ! - and the last pic above in the black dress! ❤️   Janae
    • michelle_kitten
      Time to share.  I am actually pretty lonely tonight.  I spent a lot of time isolating after my last marriage.  Healing time was required and I haven't involved myself too deeply with anyone.   My roommate is practically a stranger.  My new found distance from my co-workers has come all too easy.  The one person I really trust in my life was my supervisor whose last day was Friday.  He's moving on to another job and a nearly $20,000 a year pay raise.  I am happy for him, and eventually may go to work where he is working.  In the mean time, I don't trust my new supervisor.   I have a habit of being an extroverted introvert.  I smile.  I am witty and love to make people laugh.  I am generally cheerful and gentle.  Customers just love me overall.  I get more surveys on my customer service than  just about anyone else in the department, and they are overwhelmingly positive.  At the same time, very few people know anything about me.  Years of living with depression and hiding it have given me amazing acting skills.  I am pretty superficial with most people and prefer to draw others out to talk about themselves or go into informational mode to avoid how I feel.   I have been looking for something in which to get involved locally.  The few things I've tried seemed to involve people either much younger than I am, or older folks.  I don't seem to fit in anywhere, so far.  I find it easier to go to a movie on my own, or go out to eat solo, than go with someone else.  There is a local trans group, but they want me to show them a picture of myself in full girl mode.  I am not ready for that.  I still look way too guy to even feel comfortable having anyone see me.  Then there are those cool social events which are never anywhere near where I live.  Atlanta had a gay awards show this past week, but it was way on the other side of the city, and it would have either taken hours to get there, or cost me a fortune to Uber there (I don't have a car).   I have  a few friends with which I have gamed since 2015, but those are online relationships, and not the same.   It seems I've forgotten how to connect with anyone.  I just don't seem to know how to meet people anymore.  I am fresh out of ideas.  I am not a drinker, so bars and clubs don't interest me.  I just have no idea where I can go to meet other people.  Blah!   I am not giving up, but tonight it is all kind of getting to me a bit.
    • michelle_kitten
      I can only begin to imagine what it is like.   I am so sorry to hear about the abuse as well.  I've had my own journey with that.  It helps me to think of myself as a survivor.  I am not the person I would have been had I not been abused, and that is sad.  At the same time, I am strong and resilient for having come through it.  It never ceases to amaze me the lengths human beings will go to survive.  While your situation is complicated, and I would imagine frustrating, it is also a testament to your will to keep going, even when life put you in a horrifying situation or situations.
    • Ellora
      Not all girl types talk to all girl types. I don’t talk to everyone I see, or want to join in on their convos. I have tried in the past, and it doesn’t always work, cause not everyone wants someone else to hop in or comment on a conversation. They may be loud or have something interesting going on, but it can turn into an awkward moment sometimes. Sometimes the timing is right, and everyone just gets along, sometimes they don’t. Being more social will give you more confidence, and you will find your groove. Give it time. I used to hang out at coffee houses, and not everyone there wants  others to just start talking. I did find a coffee house that was very friendly and made some really good friends. 
  • Today's Birthdays

No users celebrating today