• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Face Waxing....

Kyla666

Well i got some Wax strips from wal-mart and now i am waxing my face... I got about half done so i am taking a break...First i like to say... AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wacko:

Waxing the face is not a easy thing to do.... And even harder when doing it your self HAHAH..

One thing i have noticed is the Shorter lighter hairs are not coming out.. So i'll try plucking them Or just shave them. Still having the Long gross black hairs out is cool.. And maybe this time around i will not have that ugly under-shadow from the Black hairs...."Here's hoping"

I really... can't wait for the day i start Laser LOL this waxing stuff is messed up.. I rather have all my teeth pulled. :P

LOL... yeah... i am NEVER waxing my face EVER!!!!! again..

how much pain i had to go threw is not worth it, And i still got to shave later... I think i can wait for laser next time.

If anyone is even thinking about waxing there face......DON'T!!!! trust me it's not fun and not worth it.

Guest Kallum

:Crylol: This post just made me laugh!!!

You can have your tortuure procedure... *cough cough* I mean facial waxing all to yourself!!! :lol:

That sounds hard enough at the best of times, let alone doing it on yourself.

Holding stomach from laughter,

Kal

• Admin

Exactly how many unsolved crimes in your neighborhood did you confess to??

OMG Kyla! You are determined!

I had laser done on my face and it really hurts. Can't say which is worse bc I never waxed anything on my face except my eyebrows which doesn't hurt too bad. At least the laser pain subsides pretty quickly, but your face will have this weird hot feeling. From what I've read, laser is much less excruciating than electrolysis. So that should be comforting. But beware of this: not all hairs are killed off equally. Everything is much less dense, and it grows in slower which is all great. However, it looks kind of weird because it's not all even. It's not a big deal, but if you're going to do it, I think it's best to be able to go all the way through. Unlike me, who had a few free appointments and took advantage when I could. I love the results, but I wish I could afford to go more.

I think the most important part for me was scheduling, so that I didn't have to go out for a few days afterwards. You will probably get skin irritation, which is normal, but it could look like you just shaved with a very dull razor. Then again, I was so high from knowing I had ridden myself of a bunch of unwanted hair that I didn't mind being bumpy for a few hours.

Good luck!

-Mari

well this whole thing was a bad idea from the start... DID not think the pain would last this long...=( i guess it's going to be Red and painful for a week or so..... Not even close to worth it :doh1:

But some times you got to put your finger in the light socket to know not to do it again... :poster_oops:

Dang youtube and showing me that guys can wax there face... That's a whole lot of LIES!!!!

ps... I just hope others who think waxing there face feels like a good idea sees this post Before trying it themselves.

And now the painful picture...But one others MUST see if they are thinking of doing the same.

med_gallery_16491_1262_48497.jpg

Guest Janice Lynn

Kyla .... could it be true that the United Nations has come to regard

waterboarding as an acceptable means of gathering information from

suspected terrorists but have voted unaminously to condemn the use

of wax strips on the face, neck, or genital region?

:lol:

Jan

• Admin

Owwwwwwww! It's painful just looking at that pic. :doh1:

I think you should see your doctor, hon. That looks really nasty. The last thing you need is an infection.

Well, if anyone tries it after seeing that pic, they really are nuts. I'm so sorry, hon. I hope you're going to be all right.

((((((HUGGGSSS)))))

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

Definitely, get yourself to a doctor. There are some sprays available by prescription to get that healing properly, reduce the pain and prevent infection which could be a serious problem. .

Guest Jo-88
:blink: OMG that looks like it hurt really really really bad... well I think we can all check that off the list as a "DO NOT ATTEMPT, under any circumstance!", at least we all know now. Anyway, hope you feel better Kyla, and if your wondering laser doesn't hurt that bad... it pinches a bit but it can't be nearly as bad as waxing your facial hair. Ouch Im still kinda cringing. Also Vicky is probably right, you should talk to your doctor about that, it could get worse before it gets better, without medical attention. Again, I hope you feel better.
Guest Donna Jean

OMG!

DANG and other expletives!

I was once working on a carb on an engine and told the person inside to crank the engine...

the carb flashed fire into my face and I jumped up hitting my head on the hood and I fell backwards on my back and then the car came off the jack and rolled over me and I got burned by the hot exhaust pipe and .....

It didn't hurt as much as your face must...

Dee Jay

Guest KarenLyn

I can't imagine what that must feel like. DON'T do it again. I'll be traumatized for life. OMG! Get some lidocaine ointment, mix it with aloe and hydrocortisone and apply liberally. Don't cover it. It will clear up fairly quickly. It makes me hurt just thinking about it. The things we do to ourselves.

i am putting on Neosporin and Aloe , The pain has gone way down and some redness, And i don't have a doctor or anyway to get one..

<---poor person over here lol with me heath care.

Guest kazuri

oh goodness! that looks brutal. I haven't waxed my face, but I have waxed around my body, and it neither hurt very badly, nor tore me up like that. Did you clean your face completely and cover your face with baby powder first? (seriously, baby powder is like a must for any waxing if you don't want to die from pain)

Guest Stormrider2112

oh goodness! that looks brutal. I haven't waxed my face, but I have waxed around my body, and it neither hurt very badly, nor tore me up like that. Did you clean your face completely and cover your face with baby powder first? (seriously, baby powder is like a must for any waxing if you don't want to die from pain)

Beard hair is a lot thicker, deep rooted, and more densely packed than body hair (not to mention it's thinner-than-average skin). Waxing your face would be like removing every hair on your body if it were to be relocated on your chest...I can see why it's not a recommended method :)
Guest KimberlyF

I wax my face once or twice a week. I rotate the sections. I use hot wax and someone to pull for me. It hurts about 5 seconds after the pull. If I ever did anything that painful I would stop way before it got to the whole face.

I will give you a whole lot of credit for doing what you think needs to be done regardless of the cost, but I feel so bad for you.

Well... i have waxed my tummy and legs before and they hurt and was red for about 1-3 hours but went away, So when i was doing it i just thought it's the same way just hurts 100 times worse lol I did not think the Redness would turn to burning etc

Guest StarSapphire

Laser/Electro is soooooo much better, it hurts moar short term... but long term its permanent.... unfortunately i have to do it right now... i have a very small amount of hair that literally 'grew' out of no where..... ugh..... so i have had about 4-5 2 hour treatmentments and it appears i am winning the battle.....

Well i am happy to say things are going good... every day my face gets better and better :superman:

Day 2 of my face.

med_gallery_16491_1262_43842.jpg

It's healing very fast as you can see, But even more so in this next picture...

Day 3

med_gallery_16491_1262_9862.jpg

It's close to 100% healed. I would say about 82% The skin is still a little stiff when i don't have the cream on it but the pain is gone and the redness is close to all gone as well.

No matter what i'll have to go to work tomorrow as i don't have anymore sick days left :thumbdown: So... healed 100% or not i am going back out into the world :blink:

LOL in some way i feel like wolverine...I am healing very fast :P But that's a good thing as i don't think i could let people that's looking right at me see my face... I got to many other problems for people to stare at me :banghead: I don't need to add "Burned Face" to it. :unsure:

Ready or not i am going back to work in about 10mins lol

Here's my face after 5 days

med_gallery_16491_1262_6853.jpg

Not bad... Just a little redness and i have had worse with razor burn so i think i am good to go =P

..... Now the hard part is getting my Manager to understand what happen... Guess i'll just show her the Pictures LOL