• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Does Testosterone Make Your Feet Bigger?

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I'm considering buying some vegan paraboots which are somewhat expensive. I already am a men's 9 and since that's the same size as my dad it has stopped growing. However, eventually I'm going to start testosterone. Will it make my feet bigger? I don't want to spend a ton of money on a shoe I'm going to grow out of.

Guest B.heard

I think it largely depends on yours age when you start T Id say if you were over 21 T wont make you grow really, and is only lightly to have the smaller effects of any growth Im over 21 and Ive seen a small increase in my height and chest size but nothing in my feet or hands which is a shame my feet really could do with being bigger lol

Guest StrandedOutThere

Once you have stopped growing the size of your hands and feet isn't likely to change substantially. However, small changes do happen. For example, people's feet often go up by a half size as they get older. If a person gains weight, their shoe size also might increase. This isn't because your feet "grew", stuff just gets squished from the extra weight.

T often makes people gain weight, which can change your shoe size.

Another side effect of T that a lot of people have is that their feet swell. Something about T causes water retention. This goes away as your body adapts. Anyway, for a while it looked like my feet were bigger and my shoes were tight, but they were just a little swollen sometimes.

Guest Zabrak
I think it largely depends on yours age when you start T Id say if you were over 21 T wont make you grow really, and is only lightly to have the smaller effects of any growth Im over 21 and Ive seen a small increase in my height and chest size but nothing in my feet or hands which is a shame my feet really could do with being bigger lol

I think the quote is you 'grow'(not just feet) on T the best from below the age of 24. So your early 20's and teen/childhood.

I started at 20, and I have noticed now some height growth. I just went up againts my 'mark' I had on the wall and I'm taller then it. :) Feet growth I don't think I have any..haven't checked and my shoes still feel fine.

Guest StrandedOutThere
I think the quote is you 'grow'(not just feet) on T the best from below the age of 24. So your early 20's and teen/childhood.

The thing is that once your growth plates have fused, you can't get taller. I'm not sure what age that happens at though. I think it differs. In my case I was an "early bloomer". I think I was as tall as I am now by the time I was 12, but I've got friends who still grew a little in college. Anyway, as with everything that has to do with hormones "YMMD" (your mileage may differ). Our experiences are all different!

Zabrak, man...you are already mad tall. You are already tall enough to be one of my crew of top shelf reachers. ;) If you get taller, you might need to take up basketball.

Guest Zabrak
The thing is that once your growth plates have fused, you can't get taller. I'm not sure what age that happens at though. I think it differs. In my case I was an "early bloomer". I think I was as tall as I am now by the time I was 12, but I've got friends who still grew a little in college. Anyway, as with everything that has to do with hormones "YMMD" (your mileage may differ). Our experiences are all different!

Zabrak, man...you are already mad tall. You are already tall enough to be one of my crew of top shelf reachers. ;) If you get taller, you might need to take up basketball.

That's true, I should of added in that some peoples plates fuse and thats the end of it...Though doctors do "quote" that it really depends on your body.

I just edited my post but I'm a tiny bit taller then I had marked down. I don't think its a whole inch, though. My doctor took a look at me and said I still haven't shad my teen body. I'm a late bloomer, always was. Never bothered me. Maybe being one helps? Who knows... :blink: Bodies are confusing.

Guest StrandedOutThere
That's true, I should of added in that some peoples plates fuse and thats the end of it...Though doctors do "quote" that it really depends on your body.

I just edited my post but I'm a tiny bit taller then I had marked down. I don't think its a whole inch, though. My doctor took a look at me and said I still haven't shad my teen body. I'm a late bloomer, always was. Never bothered me. Maybe being one helps? Who knows... :blink: Bodies are confusing.

You're just a young sprout!

Being a late bloomer does help a lot. You're lucky. Puberty reached out and grabbed me way before I was ready...not that I was ever ready for the puberty I got.

Oh...and when you are like 6'7", please don't pick on your lil' 5'7" bro. :) No fair hiding the cookies up on the top shelf!

Guest Racheltoo
I'm considering buying some vegan paraboots which are somewhat expensive. I already am a men's 9 and since that's the same size as my dad it has stopped growing. However, eventually I'm going to start testosterone. Will it make my feet bigger? I don't want to spend a ton of money on a shoe I'm going to grow out of.

You ARE goin to experience bloat with T injections, whether enanthate, cypionate, propionate, whatever... I would say go a half size larger, because beyond the bloat, no they are not going to grow, however practically everyones feet grow and or lengthen throuout life because of the slow and inevitable sinking of the arches. In other words, these boots will be worn out long before your feet "grow" enough to make a difference, if you wear them much! Paratrooper boots always make me think of Stanley Kubrick's "A Clockwork Orange" lol

Once you have stopped growing the size of your hands and feet isn't likely to change substantially. However, small changes do happen. For example, people's feet often go up by a half size as they get older. If a person gains weight, their shoe size also might increase. This isn't because your feet "grew", stuff just gets squished from the extra weight.

T often makes people gain weight, which can change your shoe size.

Another side effect of T that a lot of people have is that their feet swell. Something about T causes water retention. This goes away as your body adapts. Anyway, for a while it looked like my feet were bigger and my shoes were tight, but they were just a little swollen sometimes.

Stranded, you kinda look like Edward Norton in your avatar. lol

I hope you accept that as more of a compliment.

That's the first thing I thought of when I seen it. :P

Guest StrandedOutThere
Stranded, you kinda look like Edward Norton in your avatar. lol

I hope you accept that as more of a compliment.

That's the first thing I thought of when I seen it. :P

That's pretty awesome! :D

Guest My_Genesis

i wouldn't at all mind looking like Edward Norton :P

anywho I was curious about this too cuz I figured if pregnancy can make your feet bigger why not T (my mom went up I think one whole size when she was pregnant with me and that's been her size ever since.)

I wouldn't mind growing taller either, last I checked i was 5'6", though about a week ago someone (a friend of my mom's) said I'm definitely more than that...and this girl i was standing next to whose mom claims she's 5'7", she stood up straight and it still seemed I was taller than her. doesn't make sense though, cuz i measured in at 5'6" in like january. i have a physical on tuesday to resolve this all for sure :)

there's a guy i know at college who's the same height and shoe size as me, makes me feel somewhat less inadequate height-wise :rolleyes:

Guest StrandedOutThere
i wouldn't at all mind looking like Edward Norton :P

anywho I was curious about this too cuz I figured if pregnancy can make your feet bigger why not T (my mom went up I think one whole size when she was pregnant with me and that's been her size ever since.)

I wouldn't mind growing taller either, last I checked i was 5'6", though about a week ago someone (a friend of my mom's) said I'm definitely more than that...and this girl i was standing next to whose mom claims she's 5'7", she stood up straight and it still seemed I was taller than her. doesn't make sense though, cuz i measured in at 5'6" in like january. i have a physical on tuesday to resolve this all for sure :)

there's a guy i know at college who's the same height and shoe size as me, makes me feel somewhat less inadequate height-wise :rolleyes:

Gaining weight squishes your arches and can make your feet wider. I think that's what happens with pregnancy. For a lot of women getting pregnant is the most sudden and striking weight gain they experience in their lives.

A note about old people: they shrink. My mom used to be 5'8". Now I am taller than her. I think most people have no clue how tall they are, especially women who don't care so much. Men, on the other hand, we measure everything.

Guest Crossroads

Again, I'm late...but here it is. I've been doing measurements since the start. I'm 24 years old, and have been on Testosterone for 4 months. And my feet have grown at least 1/4th of an inch. I've had to go up a shoe size because my shoes were starting to hurt.

Guest My_Genesis
Again, I'm late...but here it is. I've been doing measurements since the start. I'm 24 years old, and have been on Testosterone for 4 months. And my feet have grown at least 1/4th of an inch. I've had to go up a shoe size because my shoes were starting to hurt.

tell Donna Jean that so she doesn't think people who ask this question are hard-headed :P

Guest Crossroads

w00t, I can use my extensive amount of measurements!!!

Exact Measurements:

Pre-T - 10.375 inches (this is across diagonally with feet flat)

2 weeks on T - 10.5 inches

13 weeks on T - 10.75 inches

And like I've said, I've had to buy bigger shoes.

^_^