• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's Your Guystyle?

Guest Nikk

Okay, now I know plenty of women hang 'round this part of the forum, so I'm bringing the boys back (some of us do care what we look like *hairflip*). So recently, I went shopping at that lovely store called Target, and I realized that I had some sort of style - a general type of clothing that I like to wear.

I either like really classy clothes, such as pinstripe vests and fedoras, or very chill clothes, such as short-sleeved collared shirts, screen tees, and jeans. Always with rubber-slippers or sneakers, often with a pendant necklace and some simple unfemme earrings.

So here's the question for you: What's your guystyle?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• EVAN_DESU

Guest joeytheman16

I found this out recently too. I thought I was just all about comfort until yesturday when I had to go through all my clothes to get rid of the ones that don't fit. I think it is time to just make a list.

1- Black screen t-shirts.

2- Polo shirts (short sleeve collared shirts).

3- Any other color screen t-shirts.

4- Jeans.

5- Work clothes (Dickies brand pants and shirts).

Wow. For as much stuff as I have in my closet I really don't have a lot of variety.

Joey

Guest Konnor

I kind of have 2 styles, one for going out with friends/being in public, then my chill style for hanging around home or with my family. I have no idea what my style would be classified as...I generally get "pretty boy" or "trendy gay guy" when people describe my going out style, lol.

Going out: I like polo shirts, khaki cargo shorts, and flip flops or nice sneakers for warm weather. Then, I like button-down shirts, sweaters, and fitted but still masculine jeans for when it gets cold. Usually paired with dress shoes or nice boots. I like to look good when I go out. :)

Chillin: This is my lazy style, haha. Graphic tees and baggy cargo shorts or jeans usually work for family gatherings. Gym shorts, tees, and hoodies for when I'm just hanging around the house.

--Konnor

Guest NeverSayNever

Plain white/black top with an open shirt over the top along with jeans. That's my basic style. Along with my beloved trilby hat XD and converse

Guest Evan_J

I'm all about jeans and TShirts on an everyday. With approx 16 white Ts and 9 Black I think thats a fair statement lol. My mother recently had to be here helpin me after surgery and was like "why do you have so many black Tshirts?" Then she looked in the armoir and saw the two stacks of just white Ts and was silent like she thought "ok, you're just wierd" lol. No screens, no lettering,just solid. I do like polo shirts but only actually own 3. I'll wear blue jeans but have a thing for black. I'm actually more particular about gym shoes when I'm in this mode than shirts , and typically go with KSwiss. -Yup a white pair and one black pair.

When its time toget out of the jeans though, the color range expands, greys, heather, sand, slacks with windowpane , pinstripe vests, ties with serious prints on them in every color combination there is. I like suspenders too, even if I don't wear em I'm drawn to buy em depending on the style (I like the leather tabbed ones) and esp. if they have a decorative print (I been lusting after a particular Jaquard print pair for a while). I like "muted" colors like greyish green or smokey brown. I also have a "weaknes " for Stacy Adams (would that I could afford it, but I make sure everyone knows in case they want to get me a Christmas present lol), right down to the socks. My favorite shirt labels though are Lucassini and Villa DeMarco a ) price b )styling c ) excellent fit for me.

I'm kind of a prep, B). I mostly wear tan, dark blue, or brown trousers or shorts made out of khaki material. Occasionally jeans, but jeans tend to look silly on me. I only have grey tackies, so in the winter I'll either wear those or black or brown dress shoes. In the summer though, I'm a flip flop kind of guy, except if it's dressy and then I'll wear boat shoes. I usually wear a long sleeved button down shirt with the sleeves rolled up and the top two buttons opened with a white undershirt under that. My button down shirts are mostly white or blue. For the winter, I've a few sweaters and sweatshirts and the like. I almost always wear a belt. My ties are pretty boring, except for these two that this girl bought me for Christmas one year -- one is orange with little ducks flying on it, and the other is a neon pink purple, which I wore to a jazz gig once and has otherwise stayed in my closet.

Guest NicolaiAE

guystyle?...hmm....this is a hard one.

I tend to I guess wear gray or white shirts with grey/black/blue denim shorts or jeans.

I have a biker (leather) jacket for winter to go with black jeans, gray puritan shirt, and Adio sneakers.

I'm not really sure what my style is...I used to wear all black, until I found out I had dandruff...Purple's an okay color...sorta...

I wont wear read though...makes the binding stand out too much.

-Nicolai

Guest Joe Cool

I am a jeans an t shirt kind of guy B)

Due to the fact that the T and combinations of other things make me feel like a raging inferno all the time - I am more actually a shorts and t shirt kind of guy.

I wear shorts when it snows - people give me funny looks but I am still sweating <_<

I wear a lot of polos and khakis for work but I wear a lot of shorts and polos to work as well.

Around the house - shorts and a t shirt. I will wear a sweatshirt in a blizzard so I don't get yelled at but it is rediculous how hot I am.

Joe

Graphic tshirts constantly, combined with jackets or long-sleeved shirts (layers, woo!) when it's cold. I wear cargo pants a lot despite never using half the pockets. I don't have a lot of clothes and hardly ever get the chance to go shopping for more, but if it were all up to me I'd wear pretty much every color in the spectrum. I <3 color, especially ones that stand out :D

...And if I were rich, I'd wear a different pair of Vans/low-top Converse every day, ahaha.

Ok! Ik I'm a lady, but I still dress guy in life currently, and I love talking clothes! So deal with it!! :P

Tripp pants, fishnet top, t-shirt over the fishnet (all black) a pair of cyber goggles, (and a jetpack as soon as I can find one! Lol)

hugz, Char

Guest Evan_J
The temptation to make a snarky comment about this is almost overwhelming.

ROFL

Here *gives both men a trout** Its the traditional bonding tool of men everywhere lol.

ROFL

Here *gives both men a trout** Its the traditional bonding tool of men everywhere lol.

I'll do almost anything for fish. Sea trout are good, but mackerel are my favorite. If we're having a fish bonding experience, I'll bring the mackerel.

LOL :lol:

That made me laugh.

;) I try.

Guest WalnutObezyana

I find that when I'm looking for clothes, I want them to be really nice. Even if it's jeans and a t-shirt, I don't really like it to be plain and everyday.

When I take a look at my clothes, I really love polo shirts, to an unhealthy level. Any time I see one in the stores, it takes all the effort I can (plus empty pockets) to get me to not break down and buy one. And when I like a polo, 90% of the time they've got stripes, even though they're not so flattering on me.

My trans friends have commented that I wear pretty tight t-shirts a lot, and I would have to agree. I can't stand being in clothes that are too big for me (which, when you've got a figure like mine, does not make anything easier).

If I were smaller (as well as other bodily changes) I would actually consider wearing a pair of skinny jeans. I have no idea what would happen after that (other than passing out from lack of blood circulation).

Guest Evan_J
I'll do almost anything for fish. Sea trout are good, but mackerel are my favorite. If we're having a fish bonding experience, I'll bring the mackerel.

lol they were "cornobbling" trout . But cook em if you feel like it :P

Guest NicolaiAE
Ok! Ik I'm a lady, but I still dress guy in life currently, and I love talking clothes! So deal with it!! :P

Tripp pants, fishnet top, t-shirt over the fishnet (all black) a pair of cyber goggles, (and a jetpack as soon as I can find one! Lol)

hugz, Char

LOL I have a couple of Tripp Pants NYC; one girl style and one mens...the girl style looks like men's on me since I'm so short and it makes them baggy. I always wanted a fishnet top for one of those techno raves :)

-Nicolai

Guest Thorndrop

I tend to think of it as a LACK of style. But anyway, it's similar to how I dressed in girl stuff before. I mostly like graphic tshirts, jeans, hoodies, sometimes I'd go for something like a waistcoat or blazer if I don't want to look too lazy. I like a bit of jewlerry too, like those necklaces and bracelets with wooden beads. For shoes, I tend to go down the 'converse or similar' route. I like bright colours too, but mostly green and blues since they look best on me (in my opinion at least). Only problem is, I don't always like wearing baggy things but I can't find any mens clothes that fit me in a non-baggy way, since I'm sort of thin even for a girl.

- Chaz

lol they were "cornobbling" trout . But cook em if you feel like it :P

I'd completely forgotten about cornobbling...brilliant. We can cornobble some and eat some. Good times.

Guest Raging Shadow

i normally wear a tee shirt and jeans or shorts. i want to wear button downs with either vertical stripes or an image but tis out of my price range. i especially like the button down shirt tucked into jeans with a sweater vest ontop of the shirt.

Guest Singthesoul

Let me see.

When I dress I usually tend to stand to the classic 'band tee and cargo shorts' or I wear an undershirt and a open dress shirt over it. I'm actually lacking on male pants, so I have to go and fix that, but I like to dress either classy or really relaxed, everything from sweats, to interview clothes. It's lovely because I dress similar as a girl, so I don't have to change my mindset a lot for shopping for male clothes.

Guest Charly
Okay, now I know plenty of women hang 'round this part of the forum, so I'm bringing the boys back (some of us do care what we look like *hairflip*). So recently, I went shopping at that lovely store called Target, and I realized that I had some sort of style - a general type of clothing that I like to wear.

I either like really classy clothes, such as pinstripe vests and fedoras, or very chill clothes, such as short-sleeved collared shirts, screen tees, and jeans. Always with rubber-slippers or sneakers, often with a pendant necklace and some simple unfemme earrings.

So here's the question for you: What's your guystyle?

I was at Target recently as well! Though I only got an athletic compression t, deodorant (Red Spice ftw) and a pack of boxers.

I don't have much of a guy style yet. I mostly just go for laid-back jeans and t-shirts. I like v-necks, but with my chest can't really pull them off (maybe one day). But I love vests, scarves, and cowboy boots. The most formal outfit I have is kakis, white button down, a blue tie and a red sweater vest (Because sometimes I get cold, just right there).

Most of my guy clothes are from Goodwill, and I got them several years ago for the occasional geeky cross-play (anime conventions are wonderful places). They're also too big, so I just end up looking silly when I wear them.

Guest Steven22

I tend to think of it as a LACK of style. But anyway, it's similar to how I dressed in girl stuff before. I mostly like graphic tshirts, jeans, hoodies, sometimes I'd go for something like a waistcoat or blazer if I don't want to look too lazy. I like a bit of jewlerry too, like those necklaces and bracelets with wooden beads. For shoes, I tend to go down the 'converse or similar' route. I like bright colours too, but mostly green and blues since they look best on me (in my opinion at least). Only problem is, I don't always like wearing baggy things but I can't find any mens clothes that fit me in a non-baggy way, since I'm sort of thin even for a girl.

- Chaz

I dont know how hard they are to get in the UK but you might want to try to get your hands on a pair of Levi's relaxed fit. They aren't going to be tight or baggy and its becoming more and more popular here in the US. I think 28inches on the waist and 28 or 29 on the inseam is the smallest they make them. They are pretty cheap as well. Hope it helps

-Lauren

i normally wear a tee shirt and jeans or shorts. i want to wear button downs with either vertical stripes or an image but tis out of my price range. i especially like the button down shirt tucked into jeans with a sweater vest ontop of the shirt.

Feen, you have excellent fashion sense (or: we dress similarly, which I think is both awesome and kind of funny). Although I have a feeling that Lewis with his styles wouldn't deign to be seen walking around with guys like us (only joking you, Lewis :P ).

Raging, where do you get your sweater vests from? (I have trouble believing I just typed that sentence.)