• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

What's Your Guystyle?

Guest Nikk

Hm. Like a lot of you guys, i'm also a great lover of polos and button-downs. I'm sensing a pattern here... Hah.

Truth be told though, it all depends on the situation. I do a good bit of hiking and whatnot, so i've got plenty of sportswear. But i also love to dress up and when that happens, i tend to hit the town looking like a metrosexual dude. I love to rock the polos and other prep-wear- and i especially love layering button-downs with sweater vests. As for pants, i typically go for loose tight jeans (i usually buy "skinny" guys' jeans or slim bootcut pants that are just a size large) and sometimes i go for cargo shorts.

I'm also big into accessories. I frequently go out wearing cuff-style watches and the occasional leather or hemp bracelet, what i call my "surfer necklace", and maybe a slim tie to contrast my stud earrings. Bandannas and/or small scarves have also been known to somehow end up on my neck or wrapped around a wrist. Oh, and let's not forget footwear. I've been known to run around in leather flip-flops or sneakers, but i also really like to wear boots or thick-soled shoes to emphasize my height.

I don't have a decent photo on hand right now, but just imagine that if Abercrombie and Express were able to mate and produce a littler of Abercrombie-Express hybrid outfits, you'd be looking at my wardrobe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flint

• EVAN_DESU

Guest D.V. Faust

Yeah, no polos for me. Ever.

My style consists of t-shirts, jeans, and steel-toed black boots, old Converse, or that pair of black sneakers whose brand I don't know.

I own about 23 shirts. Three are button up and the other 20 are t-shirts (well, one is a muscle shirt). 17 of them are black, three are gray (one is gray camo), one is white and one is bright red with a huge dragon design on the back.

I own four pairs of pants (one pair is too small/I'm too bulky to fit in them). Three are black and one is dark blue.

I have a few hoodies and two jackets that I love (one being a militant style black jacket and the other being another militant style darker green jacket).

I have no idea what my style is other than "if it fits and I like it, I'll wear it. Bonus points if it's black". The only things I wear that stand out are my cyber goggles and fedora (fedora = <3).

Guest Konnor

Hahaha, I love your description T.K!! I classify myself as a metrosexual dude too.

but just imagine that if Abercrombie and Express were able to mate and produce a littler of Abercrombie-Express hybrid outfits, you'd be looking at my wardrobe.

That's so me too!! Love it!!

Guest insanitylives
Yeah, no polos for me. Ever

Agreed. Besides the fact that I'm not really preppy, they seem to add to the boob issue IMO

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kayde

I dunno... I guess I'm "grunge"...

If you want to see what I dress like, here's my lookbook account

(though I only have 2 looks.... the latest look is what I dress like everyday, and the other one was when I was dressing girly... which I hated. Notice that I didn't get any comments on that one! LOL... everyone else thinks I look better more masculine. It's just me, and I dress very well when I express the man I am inside... Because everyone can tell a wolf in girls clothing! :P)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure i have a paticular style. When i see movies that are kinda posh (I'm not posh in the slighest, one is rather common....) but there is always a really handsome man in these films that has his hair neatly brushed and he wears a suit and looks rather dashing. Thats the kinda style i want ;) Hence my personal picture haha. But my general style is jeans, and checked shirts. And soon i'm so buying a cowboy hat so i can look like a cowboy! I don't know why! I just always loved western themes and farmers and the way they speak and the way they chew on that grass stuff....whats it called? i'm feeling so dumb today my brain has gone to bed one does believe.

Who thinks i watch too many films and i need to come back to reality?

Guest Cayden

My guystyle is kind of a mixture of Dean and Sam Winchester off of Supernatural. Ummm for those who do not know who they are.... I wear dark jeans (sometimes they are holey.) I either wear button up Western shirts with tank tops or short sleeve shirts underneath. Other times I wear light jeans with a short sleeve t-shirt with a long sleeve black underarmour underneath. Ummm.... other days I wear graphic tees with faded jeans. In the summer I wear t-shirts or tank tops with jean shorts or exercise shorts... I guess mostly typical guy clothes... I hope this helps.

Guest Eagledancer

I am laughing so hard that I can hardly type. My only style is steel-toed, ankle high, lace-up work boots with faded jeans. For the top, I wear a wife-beater with a Schmidt short-sleeve or long-sleep 100% cotton work shirt - usually khaki, dark blue, or army green in color. I prefer button ups when I work and snaps when I dress because I want to get out of the dress wear ASAP. I sometimes get lazy and slip on some Nike tennis shoes and some cargo shorts but the shirts stay the same - I might shuck the overshirt. When I am working outside for a short stent in the heat, I can be found in boxers and a wife beater only. I don't live in town! At 48 years old and totally disabled, I rarely socialize outside of my 5 kids. their families and my life partner. I have had plenty of time to become comfortable with who I am despite not being able to take hormones or have any surgeries due to my health issues. I had to discover that my outward appearance is for people who really don't matter to me. I dress down because in Texas it would be out of place and appear to be like an "in your face" act to look chic or GQ - besides I love being comfortable. I am also lucky that in Texas if you look confident and dress like the "redneck" then people assume you are packing (I mean a gun...lol) and tend to steer way clear - this isn't necessarily true in the big cities of the state. Should anyone want to shop my style then the unders are bought at Wal-mart and the rest comes from Tractor Supply mostly! I enjoyed the topic...Godspeed to all...don't forget to hug yourself because you will love yourself for it!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest A.S.

I am going try something different. I am planning on going to the store in next month or two because I am looking forward new guy style clothes. I know I am gonna need use some help and try to find some stud earring for men... Thinking about copying from my step dad. He got good taste in guy clothes than I do.

Guest GeoJamesLee

I like to wear Tripp pants. Tight T-Shirts. I also like to wear tight jeans. I want to grow my hair out to be more in my face xD

Guest cael

guystyle cool word

ripped jeans that normaly were not ripped when they were bought whatever shirt i grab off my floor that smells clean (example black jeans ripped at the bottom ripped 4 year old converse high top black and white shoes a gray shirt with a guy on it that looks sad and wearing a tux with a ball and chain on his ankel and a girl wearing a wedding dress with a smile and undernith em it says GAME OVER with a black ripped and patched old looking zip up hoddie with skulls on it) short spikked hair thats normaly blue, pink green rainbow or just what ever i feel like or have on hand

Guest My_Genesis

Somewhere that's a cross b/w the athletic look, the jeans/tshirt look, and the rocker look. I like tight-fitting/slim-fitting boot cut jeans pretty much exclusively, and a lot of these fits are designer fits so I guess that'd be considered preppy by some, but I'm not really that preppy.

I like flip-flops and sneakers. Kinda American Eagle/Aeropostale stuff. Graphic tees, screen tees, band tees (like the ones from Hot Topic I like) and thos tees like on roadkilltees.com that have cool and funny sayings on them.

Don't really care for dress-up clothes, but if I have to wear a tux or something, hey it's not like I gotta wear a dress. lol.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Vermillion

I'm currently liking to wear skinny jeans with a shirt, cardigan and bow tie. Casual style? I recently got a bow tie that looks like this, which I love *-*

12.jpg

Guest Carden

I'm a punk skin rock and rolla skater dude-thing.

Doc Martens, jean jackets, band shirts, ripped jeans, intact jeans, suspenders, beanie.

Also, bright colours. Whoot.

Occasionally borrow my boyfriend's jackets and such but he is a metal head, so I tend not to wanna dress the same as him. XD

Guest My_Genesis
I'm a punk skin rock and rolla skater dude-thing.

Doc Martens, jean jackets, band shirts, ripped jeans, intact jeans, suspenders, beanie.

Also, bright colours. Whoot.

Occasionally borrow my boyfriend's jackets and such but he is a metal head, so I tend not to wanna dress the same as him. XD

oh yeah, beanies! I like those too (thus my avatar) I also like leather jackets and pants B)

Guest Alex Blitzen

I pretty much wear whatever I can find on the floor, that looks okay. Usually jeans (if i can even find pants) and a tshirt or sleeveless shirt. Sometimes a hoodie. Always sneakers or boots. My clothes usually have paint or random stuff on them and there's always weird stuff in my pockets.

Guest Donna Jean
I pretty much wear whatever I can find on the floor, that looks okay. Usually jeans (if i can even find pants) and a tshirt or sleeveless shirt. Sometimes a hoodie. Always sneakers or boots. My clothes usually have paint or random stuff on them and there's always weird stuff in my pockets.

LOL!

Guys!

(I'm a Mod....I'm allowed to come here!)

Donna Jean

Guest Carden

Same!! Weird stuff is always in my pockets. XD Normally is an entertaining surprise.

:D :D

Donna the rebel, chilling with the boys. :P

Guest Liam

I'm pretty boring. I go with t-shirts and loose jeans or cargo shorts. Nothing too special - most of my clothes come from Kohls, Target, or Goodwill. Sometimes I'll spruce it up a bit and wear a polo shirt or a button-up collared shirt instead of the t-shirt. I wear either a pair of converse or flip flops, depending on the weather. I also wear zip-up hoodies a lot. Basically, I wear comfortable and inexpensive stuff. B)

Guest ScifiComicDUDE
My guystyle is kind of a mixture of Dean and Sam Winchester off of Supernatural. Ummm for those who do not know who they are.... I wear dark jeans (sometimes they are holey.) I either wear button up Western shirts with tank tops or short sleeve shirts underneath. Other times I wear light jeans with a short sleeve t-shirt with a long sleeve black underarmour underneath. Ummm.... other days I wear graphic tees with faded jeans. In the summer I wear t-shirts or tank tops with jean shorts or exercise shorts... I guess mostly typical guy clothes... I hope this helps.

hey cool, the winchester guys have great fashion.....i mostly like sammy's style.... :P .....plaid shirts and faded torn jeans for me....

• 1 month later...
Guest Cowboy

I guess im pretty mixed up.

I wear a lot of graphic tees, screen tees, cargo shorts, plaid shorts, boardshorts, & flip flops.

I have quite the shoe collection as well. Lotsa Nike and Jordan.

My favorite stuff to wear tho is surf/skate brands like quiksilver, hurley, volcom.

I wear a lot of tapout and affliction too.

Im an athletic dude, so have a really athletic sense of style.

Stuff like nike, jordan, puma, gets thrown in a lot.

Dressier side of me goes with Diesel USA gear.

But my idea of getting "dressed up" is a nice pair of jeans and a button up or polo.

I wear a lot of work clothes too. Carhartt and Dickies. Work boots.

It really just depends on what im feelin.

I dont really have a "set" style. Just kinda versatile.

Ohhh and i cant forget my Mossy Oak camo, and Bass Pro t-shirts. :lol:

Crago shorts in the summer. Girl Unisex jeans in the winter. A lot of unisex T-shirts, either with anime characters (several from cons) or band names because they're from concerts or random place names because I got them as a souvenir. A few basic men's graphic tees. Several unisex UF shirts. A couple men's UF hoodies for the winter. Girl Unisex Tennis shoes. Girl Unisex Reefs sandals. Though I also got a pair of men's reefs recently.

A lot of my clothes end up on the floor even if they're clean enough to wear again... I try to keep the cleaner stuff in a basket and the dirtier stuff in another basket... but they get full...

Though despite all these stereotypical Floridian clothes, I really want to look DAPPER one day. I got two fedora... but I have no clothes to go with them. I want a vest and a bow tie. :D