• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Laura Is Considering Closing The Site

Guest anyushka

Guest anyushka

Please post and let Laura know what this site has meant to you. She is feeling very discouraged right now. She always remember s to tell those of us who are Moderators how much she appreciates what we do.

Unfortunately none of us, not even the Moderators, remember to tell Laura how much all her work means. She spends 16 to 20 hours a day (and sometimes all the hours in a day) working on this site, adding information and trying to keep everything up to date for all of us

Please, let her know how important this site is!

Anyushka

I think it's a great site! And even though i may come across liek i dont appareciate it at the time i do......I'm not the best at showin gwhe ni appreicate something.......But i honestly do appreicate this site. And what Laura and teh mods have to do to keep it running. i know it means alot to me and i knwo it means alot to many other people too. Thanks to laura for taking the time with this site. :)

:DLaura, this site means much to many people than you realize. For some it has kept them connected with others like themselves, for others it has kept them from self-destruction. For me, it has been an aid to me meeting new people. Laura's Playground was one of the first site I registered to whn I first came out as transgender and a transvestite. This site is still relevant to many of us. there will be many new people who will come here.

One thing I have learned in life is never to take anything for granted. Laura, this site is very, very valuable to many of us. I will pray for you that you receive refreshment and a new vision. Keep up the excellent work.

Gennee

:D

Oh sweetie, don't close the site down. This is my first post ever and it would be terrible if it were my last. There are so many more of us girls to step out from the darkness and a place like this gives us hope and puts us in contact with our other sisters. Please dearest Laura, stay with us....let us know what you need to make it worthwhile for you. Believe me though, you are helping so many human beings find their way home.

-Amadon

• Root Admin

Hi Ama,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. This bit about closing down was a misunderstanding that has since been corrected. Rest assured that the site will remain open for a long, long time to come. Check out the forums and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask..

MaryEllen :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Veronicalynn

Why does she want to close the site. With all the hard work she has done and all the people she has helped this is including myself as well. Veronicalynn

Guest Veronicalynn
Hi Ama,

Welcome to Laura's Playground. This bit about closing down was a misunderstanding that has since been corrected. Rest assured that the site will remain open for a long, long time to come. Check out the forums and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask..

MaryEllen :)

Thank you

Veronicalynn

Guest Nichole

Thanks, Laura, for maintaining this site, doing the research and writings you have done. I have found your writing intelligent and refreshing. Particularly when you have discovered that you were not as well-informed as you would have liked to being with. You have actually made corrections and admitted your errors, oversights, etc!!

I have found that remarkable. Many TS/TG writers simply go on with their work and either act as though the mistake never occurred or maintain that there was no mistake on their parts at all. I find your ability to call them how you see them and then be willing to admit that you don't see all perfectly is invaluable for all of us as human beings. It models really classy behavior.

Thanks so much for all you do, digging out facts and things that might affect the gender-variant world and for just the effort ou make to maintain and extend this site.

Thank you, Hugs,

Nichole

Guest silverpetals

well, it's good that the site isn't going (and this thread is kind of old now) but thanks laura for mantaining the site and making it such a valuable online resource for transitioners. all your efforts really are appreciated ^_^

personally the decor isn't my thing lol, but the site is great

thanks

I just joined and I am aware that the site is not scheduled to close down. I just wanted to let you know that this site means a lot to me, I'm able to talk about my problem and other subject matter without the discriminating eye of the public and speak of it within a community of understanding people such as MaryEllen and Silverpetals to name a few so Laura this site means a lot to me as I'm sure it does to alot of the members :D

Guest Jami Maree

Hi Laura,

I see this thread is a couple of months old but I wanted to share something with you along this line.

First of all I have not even updated my profile yet but I still wanted to say that from what I have seen this site is a very awesome place and to close it would only mean another dead end for those who are seeking help and answers or just needs

a good friend to listen to them.

Life has a way of bringing discouragement to those who truly are doing something wonderful for their fellow brothers and sisters. With in this discouragement you can find depression which can cause you to look around and see nothing going on or nothing saying hey this thing that you do is needed. Thats why it is called discouragement. < giggle >

Everything comes in waves. You can be the busiest place on the net this month and the next month or months be so slow you would swear it was hopeless. Please do not ever give into this kind of thinking. This was in your heart to create. It was there for a reason. If you kept these doors opened for 20 years and no one posted but then 20 years a day some one stumbles in here and is on their last hope. Ready to end it all and finds help and love. then would not the 20 years of down time be worth it?

I know all this sounds far fetched but please beleive me here. When you have something like this in your heart it was placed in "your" heart for a reason. To get the job done right. You just do not ever know when an open door will save some ones life.

I am talking from experience.... My best friend and room mate and soul mate was prepared to end her life when she stumbled into my life one night and I was there. She agreed to give it onwe more day and the rest is history. We have been living together for just about 4 years now.

I am sorry this is long but I could give you so many other examples of a place that seemed dead or done but was there and turned some ones life around. Please dig deep with in your heart and find the reason you created this place in the beginning.

You are here for a reason!

Have a wonderful day!

Love and Hugs

Jami Maree

Guest JessicaC

I know that the site won't be closed... And this topic is old... But I too would like to thank Laura for maintaining this site and helping us all. You're a wonderful person. God bless and I hope you continue to reach people more and more each and every day! =)

Guest JackKat

I also know the slite isnt going anywhere and the post is old, but this really is a great site! Every one on here is so nice and caring! Laura should be very proud to have brought us all togeather like this! I know Im very greatfull for everything on here!

Guest Jami Maree
I also know the slite isnt going anywhere and the post is old, but this really is a great site! Every one on here is so nice and caring! Laura should be very proud to have brought us all togeather like this! I know Im very greatfull for everything on here!

Hey I could not agree more with you! I may have only been here now for a short time but I love what I have found here.

Once other members see how real I am and I am not playing games I know I will meet more and more people.

I am just the newbie and my age may scare some but in all honesty no one believes me when I tell them. They say I look to young and I have way too much energy to be that old and all I can say is.....I am inlove with living for the very first time.

Well again thank YOU and I agree with you 110 percent!

Have a great day!

Hugs

Jami