• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Fridays Shopping Trip

Guest Margaret

Guest Margaret

Went out on Friday to buy some stockings and ended up spending more than I intended. Couldn't wait to get back home to try this red skirt on. Went out in it on Friday night.

511.jpg

For the UK residents, the t-shirt was £8 from Matalan, the scarf was £4 and the shoes were on sale at £6, also from Matalan. The skirt was £13 and the 60 denier hold ups £3, both from Asda. The skirt has an elasticated waist and is loose, I'm usually a size 16/18 for skirts, but I could probably have got one two sizes smaller for a better fit. There were some other nice short skirts in Asda as well. Also no bother at checkouts in either shop, the staff were very nice.

Hope you like the fashion report, and if you see anything nice in the shops, why not share it.

Margaret

Guest Jean Davis

You look Fabulous!!

I'm glad you had a good time shopping.

Most of my shopping is done over the internet ( the stores around here just don't have a very good selection)

LUV

Jean

Guest NatalieRene

Margaret, you have such a pretty face hun, but you need to smile. :D

Now for my artistic critique of your outfit based the principles of color theory, I think you have too many clashing color schemes. Your hair is great, and I love your scarf and skirt. They go great together. But the tshirt just doesn't go with the rest of what you are wearing. You have on warm and dark colors which makes your shirt stand out in a very bad way. I would suggest a black blouse becaue it is neutral and while white is too, your color scheme is of shades, not tints. It will blend the red skirt with the pink and purple scarf and go with your bracelet and tights as well. I'd also swap out the shoes for a pair of red heels, because while the leopard print is nice it's pattern doesn't match the pattern in the skirt and peoples eyes will have trouble flowing with the outfit and they will get confused. You only want one focal point in your outfit, which at this point is your hips.

Natalie

• Admin

You look great, Margaret. I love your wig. I'm glad you had a great shopping spree.

So far I've done all mine on the internet, but I've been browsing the stores and one of

these days...

Carolyn Marie

Guest Margaret

Natalie, thanks for the fashion tips, I have to agree with you about the t-shirt, it is a bit overpowering. Shockingly I don't own a pair of red heels, but I am keeping an eye out for a pair, also a blue pair to go with my favourite dress. I do smile... but when using the self timer on the camera it sometimes doesn't work out. I mean who can hold a smile for 10 seconds :D:D

Guest NatalieRene
Natalie, thanks for the fashion tips, I have to agree with you about the t-shirt, it is a bit overpowering. Shockingly I don't own a pair of red heels, but I am keeping an eye out for a pair, also a blue pair to go with my favourite dress. I do smile... but when using the self timer on the camera it sometimes doesn't work out. I mean who can hold a smile for 10 seconds :D:D

That was a timer shot? Wow you're good. I thought you had someone holding the camera for that one. :D