• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Anyone Play A Instrument

Guest Kacee

Guest Pól

I've performed in public on trumpet, trombone, and alto and tenor saxophone. Sure I play some others (like guitar, piano, french horn, flute), but not very well. Oh and I played timpani a few times. If you give me a wind instrument, I can probably play it.

Guest Danielle S
Hey y'all!!

I'm new here, but figured I'd stick my nose in and talk about my musical interests too!! I play keyboards, guitar, fiddle (that's a violin for y'all that ain't from around here!! lol) and I'm workin on learnin the sax. I used to sing, a loooooong time ago. I haven't had much opportunity to do that in recent years, but when I was a teenager, I was in a band and also sang at several local clubs. I still have many of my old recordings and I put one of 'em up online if anyone wants to take a listen. Hope ya like it!! It's one of my all time favorite songs. Here's the link: http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy225/x...FacebyKacee.flv

Enjoy!!

Love Kacee

I can play the saxophone. I've been playing since 2004.

Daniii

• 3 weeks later...
Guest ~Dawn~

I sing, mostly quasi-operatic power metal with an abundance of high notes, not sure what it is about them but I love doing them. My voice is classified as a leggiero tenor, and my vocal range is F#2 (F# above low C) to Eb6 (Eb above Soprano C), but past C6 (Soprano C) I start to strain my voice pretty bad. My whistle register also extends my range up to about C7. Working on a project with a friend who plays several instruments, the genre we're going for is something like... Progressive Folk Metal. We named the band 'Murmuring Woodlands', I've already written the lyrics to a few songs and will be recording and uploading them acapella pretty soon, as a preview. Should be interesting. :)

I hope to make a career out of this someday, but I'm terrified of the thought of performing live. I think I'll avoid that kind of thing and only sing on our albums with a stage name, so no one can find me. My city isn't exactly that open-minded :x. I'm not really concerned though, if one person enjoys my music, that's all I'll ever need.

Guest one_tuff_cookie!
Hey y'all!!

I'm new here, but figured I'd stick my nose in and talk about my musical interests too!! I play keyboards, guitar, fiddle (that's a violin for y'all that ain't from around here!! lol) and I'm workin on learnin the sax. I used to sing, a loooooong time ago. I haven't had much opportunity to do that in recent years, but when I was a teenager, I was in a band and also sang at several local clubs. I still have many of my old recordings and I put one of 'em up online if anyone wants to take a listen. Hope ya like it!! It's one of my all time favorite songs. Here's the link: http://s794.photobucket.com/albums/yy225/x...FacebyKacee.flv

Enjoy!!

Love Kacee

I play mainly guitar, bass and keyboard, but if you hand me an instrument I'll usually be able to play it a little in about 30 minutes...

Guest Micha

I play drums. Not very well, and since we moved I haven't played for a while (no room at Dad's for a kit). Got a small hand drum for my birthday though, so that will keep me up on timing and rhythm. I'm just dying to play on a double bass though, it's been sooooo long. I play primarily hard rock styles, but I've been listening to a lot of jazz and I want dearly to incorporate that into my playing. My goal is a very eclectic and progressive style.

I started with the guitar, and I still play, but percussion just possessed me more. I still love to play guitar and there's so much I want to learn, especially after seeing local Trace Bundy (search for him on youtube and prepare for magic), but I have so little time for creative improvement. Most my time lately has been spent on sketching.

• 1 month later...
Guest Unplugged

Unfortunately I don't play any instruments, but I would love to learn to play the bass guitar or keyboard. Ever since I started listening to music I've loved the sounds these two instruments make, and I would love to be able to play them.

I play the most overplayed instrument ever, and very badly at that. The electric guitar. Mostly I just finger pick songs but it's been a while since I was able to play it, lost the 3rd guitar I bought to the pawnshop...meh.

Played the drums for roughly umm... I want to say 5 years, spent the last 2 or 3 with em not set up though. Just simply isn't enough room for the big'ol 7 piece kit in here anymore.

Guest nelo

I played the Oboe for four years. But the fourth year, my first year in high school, I had to start playing the Flute for marching band and I hated it (as in, hated the flute section in marching band, and the marching band in general, and the teacher). Besides that, you can't even hear the flutes! All that hard work, running into Tubas, ruining my mom's flute, for what?! Why couldn't everyone had just played Piccolos instead of just the five best flute players?! So I quit band, because there was no way to NOT do marching band season and still be in band. And I thought in high school I was going to play something besides "2nd Flute" parts I had played throughout middle school but nooooo. The next year I would've FINALLY played better stuff (Oboe is a often a solo instrument!), or if I would've gone on to Wind Assemble (they never even ended up with an Oboe player at all), but I never got the opportunity, because I just hated marching band with a passion.

Makes me sad. =(

I really want to learn guitar or piano someday. So I could play music again... because just picking up an oboe again isn't practical (custom made reeds or else they sound like crap, and they cost a lot, and unless I get good at playing again I'll sound like a 'dying duck' as many nicely put it in middle school).

Actually, my dream would be playing a Cello! That's be amazing.

I play several instruments myself, some better than others. The primary ones are guitar (played since I was 6 or 7), little bit of piano, classical and blues harp (harmonica), and the bodhran. I try and play just about any instrument I can get ahold of, sometimes the results are.. amusing. Oh! And I also write and sing a mean blues. :D

Guest NatashaJade

I can play four or five chords on the guitar, pick out a song or two on a piano and make a bow saw sing :D

luv

Gin

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Cowboy

unless you consider fruity loops studio (beat mixing/producing software) an instrument i dont really play any.

i really wanna learn to play guitar though.

i was gonna learn how to play it back when i was in middle school but parents never really came through with the guitar :(

but i plan to learn really soon.

• 3 months later...
  • Forum Moderator

I play Guitar, Bass Guitar, and some Keyboards.

Good fun.

Cindy -

Guest Robin Winter

'Cha, I can play the radio like nobody's business!

Seriously though...I've been a "beginner" guitar player for ohhhhh, about 15 years now. I never really had the ambition to play every day, or even every month for that matter.

I do really wanna learn the ocarina though. I just have to get my hands on one.

Seriously though...I've been a "beginner" guitar player for ohhhhh, about 15 years now. I never really had the ambition to play every day, or even every month for that matter.

:lol: I now know my fate.