• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Weight Help Needed

Guest praisedbeherhooves

Guest praisedbeherhooves

I've gained weight since starting a medication. I've never had a weight problem before so I don't really know how to lose it. I used to have a really masculine looking body but my weight gain has feminized it a lot by giving me wider hips. I actually had a stranger flat out ask me if I'm biologically female and when I told him no, because he was a stranger and it was none of his business, he refused to believe me and lectured me about being proud of being trans. He pointed out my body as the reason why he thought I was a girl. Grrrrr some people are so rude! Anyway, how can I lose weight? This is really screwing me over.

Guest Elizabeth K
I've gained weight since starting a medication. I've never had a weight problem before so I don't really know how to lose it. I used to have a really masculine looking body but my weight gain has feminized it a lot by giving me wider hips. I actually had a stranger flat out ask me if I'm biologically female and when I told him no, because he was a stranger and it was none of his business, he refused to believe me and lectured me about being proud of being trans. He pointed out my body as the reason why he thought I was a girl. Grrrrr some people are so rude! Anyway, how can I lose weight? This is really screwing me over.

I can say only from going the other way. I was male forever - weight gain for guys comes from two things:

(1) lack of exercise - your T should have you in high gear all the time - push it as much as you can - you can run farther, faster and for a longer time that ever before - the key is your new sense of male invulnerability - you can IGNORE pain now - that's how men do it - MACHO!!! Run for that strength - that sculped body!

(2) bad eating habits - your metabolism is set for active energy now - not passive. A female body stores up for the needs later down the road, lean times, pregnancy, breast milk production - the male body hates to store up anything and wants to use food for energy - NOW. So a woman can eat like a vegitarian or an agrarian society person - a man needs protein, a hunter - eat it raw if you can't wait! Lots of it!

So exercise - burn baby burn - get that muscle mass up - muscle weighs less that fat. And eat meat - lotsa protein - and avoid cabrohydrates.

Avoid the tuna and the chicken salad - eat steak! Avoid a simple potato - LOAD IT with dairy! And beer is man's best friend and his belly's worst enemy! DRINK HARD LIQUOUR! grin - you won't retain water!

So my opinion? To be a man - eat like a man - and excecise by doing stupid things like a man would do - diving head first off the garage roof into a pile of leaves! Run around and go hunting, or fishing - expending money so the take home meat is about $123 a pound! BUT hell - you killed it! Be proud.

And when at a family gathering NEVER sit and talk - set up a game of touch football! Put you third cousin in the emergency room with a head butt tackle - he ratted on you once in kindergartden!

And you are NOT storing up fat for the winter, or for pregnancy, or to breast feed. Eat because you are hungry and want to have energy to go out and kill some more food! GRILL - sausage, burgers, weiners, steak! It's your duty. BACON RULES!

And work hard - die young! It's your destiny! oooops - ignore that last part.

Hope this helps

Ditzy

Guest nayomi2438

Weight is such a difficult subject for so many reasons. If you are experiencing weight issues due to medication the best advice you can get is to explain the situation to the your doctor. You've indicated that you have never had a weight problem in the past so this needs testing and professional advice.

You can become one of the millions of people spending billions of dollars on weight loss products, books, or pills but there is only one way for an otherwise healthy person to lose weight - burn more calories then you put in. Simple to conceptualize but difficult to perform. Discipline and willpower is so important. Eat real foods of your choosing (you know basically what's good or bad food), just eat the proper portion size. Be more physically active by walking or doing chores and spend less time sitting. Best advice - join a local group like Overeaters Anonymous for support, it works and its free.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Praisebethehooves,

I aint sayin my weight, but I can tell ya this , I had to really look at my eating habits and stuff on d theme

Smaller portions (damnation) and aerobic exercise, 4 times a week, run till ya cant run no more . that should do it for ya hun.

Luv, Viv.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Who's Online   12 Members, 0 Anonymous, 111 Guests (See full list)

• Abigail Genevieve
    • MaeBe
    • KathyLauren
    • Betty K
    • Ashley0616
    • Astrid
    • MaryEllen
    • Petra Jane
    • SamC
    • Charlize
    • Mallory Mayson
    • awkward-yet-sweet
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Kayla93
    Newest Member
    Kayla93

1. 777fleetleader777
      777fleetleader777
      (21 years old)
    2. ArinHallm3
      ArinHallm3
      (18 years old)
    3. ITakMyTime
      ITakMyTime
      (70 years old)
    4. Jess31
      Jess31
      (40 years old)
    5. Natalie71645
      Natalie71645
      (39 years old)
    • Adrianna Danielle
      I will be meeting her wife tonight
    • Betty K
      Thank you Vidanjali that is so great to hear. I'm glad the joy comes across even though the subjects are dark, and especially that my voice is pretty! This was really a breakthrough for me, and I revelled in the entire process. Never had creating music been so effortless from start to finish.
    • Charlize
      The thoughts and suggestions above are certainly excellent!  I might also suggest that you continue to reach out to the trans community where your feelings are understood through experience.  I have found that helpful.  The is especially true when i try to help another in distress, not to look for a fellow sufferer but to help another find a path to self acceptance and peace.  Funny how helping another can pull me out of my own funk. We are here to help as we can.  Remember you are not alone in your feelings.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Vidanjali
      This is great, Betty. Your voice is so pretty and soothing. I listened to both tracks on your channel. The messages are clear and there is a very effective tone for the content you are portraying as it neither sounds antagonistic nor overtly facetious, but rather empowered and joyful. 
    • Vidanjali
      @FinnyFinsterHH I am sorry to hear you're struggling so much. I'll start by saying I understand how this feels because I too have had episodes where I've gotten very upset about my chest to the point of panic or depression. So, I will offer what advice I can, but understand I know it's not easily done, though there are ways through it. Gradually think about whether someone you know can help get you a binder. Until then, because you feel this way when you realize your chest is there, you can work on developing mental techniques to get your mind off dwelling on your chest. You'll realize your chest is there throughout the day, of course, because the chest is a prominent part of the body.   First, think about addressing the physical reaction. Drink a glass of water and take several deep breaths. This can help to calm your body.   I strongly recommend mindfulness and meditation practices. You can practice techniques throughout the day, wherever you are. For example, say you catch a glimpse of yourself in a reflective surface and begin to feel sick, seeing the chest. Take a moment and instead cast your glance on anything around you, preferably something in nature like looking up at the sky or at a tree. Describe the object you're viewing in neutral terms meaning describe the color, texture, shape, borders, patterns, etc.; but avoid personal or emotional description such as, "It makes me feel..." or "It reminds me of...". This will redirect your mind away from dwelling on your body shape and calm the nervous system. There are many more mindfulness practices you can find online.   You can also try using a CBT (cognitive behavioral therapy) journal app. In such an app will guide you to describe what upset you, the feelings, thoughts, and beliefs involved, analyzing and reframing them.    Finally, consider developing a regular meditation practice. This will strengthen your mind and gradually you will find yourself less prone to feeling consumed by upsetting events.    I should also mention, if you are artistic, consider channeling your experience into artistic expression. This has worked for me before - I've created a few art pieces addressing my experience of gender dysphoria. in such a way that felt empowering - like I owned it instead of it owning me.   None of these things is a quick fix. Nor should they be because what you're dealing with is a deep issue. But will sustained effort you can find your way to living with more peace and comfort.
    • VickySGV
      I am a little different in my angle of approach on this one, but my skepticism on the "Phishing Trips" the AG's are taking is that they have gone into these investigations with the idea that illegal actions are occurring regularly.  They are going in on the information of unharmed third parties who have imagined fantastic "theories and plots of harm".  What is going to happen when the institutions turn over information that has NONE of this fantasy outcome in it.  Proof of a negative is impossible under standard logic and even most Laws of Evidence.  Just because the records do not show it happened will not in their minds equate to harm not having happened, just that someone is lying to them or covering up something that they know from their personal fantasies.  The problem is that they have made a public face of wisdom and social courage against the fantastic, they have their "glorious Quest"" and like Don Quixote will be tearing up windmills looking to justify their private images.
    • Ivy
      This sounds really good.  Good luck with it.
    • Ivy
      It's (questionably) legal terrorism, in my opinion, to scare people out of transitioning.  But that is the goal, isn't it, to eradicate transgender people. They know what they're doing, and so do we.
    • Jani
    • Jani
      The Move, an interesting part of UK rock history.
    • Ivy
      Footwear is one thing I sometimes go with mens'.  Basically, it's hard to find stuff big enough in womens', especially at a place like that.  For flip-flops I go for cheap since there're gonna tear up anyway.
    • Jani
      Be a good listener.  Sometimes people just want to talk.
    • KymmieL
      @Adrianna Danielle Congrats on a supportive new neighbor. LOL.   Kymmie 
    • Mirrabooka
      @awkward-yet-sweet, good for you! I hope it works out. We all know about the three basic things required for happiness; someone to love, something to do and something to look forward to. You've just ticked a couple of boxes there!
    • KatieSC
      There is no question that what is going on is abusive, and an overreach of authority with regard to going after medical records. Where things get a little dodgy, The Health Information Portability and Accountability Act includes clauses that permit a healthcare entity to disclose information relevant to a criminal investigation. It is not a carte blanche offering of the entire medical record. It will be interesting as the attorneys general in a number of R states have tried to criminalize our treatment, especially kids. As such, it will be interesting if they will be permitted to engage in these fishing expeditions.   These AGs are so convinced that their fantasies of transitioning kids are being held hostage and forced to transition, are being done to punish the kids. I am fed up with their overreach of authority. Unfortunately some supremely elevated jurists seem to be somewhat polarized and are supporting their R associates no matter what the science says. It is truly sad.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.