• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Stuff You Always Wanted To Wear But Haven't

Guest MissAmy

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Carolyn Marie

• JJ

• Charlize

• MarcieMarie12

This might show my age a little but I always wanted to dress up as Wonder Woman (I used to pretend I was Wonder Woman when I was young) or Princess Lea...p.s. the Sailor Moon outfit is adorable!

Hugs

Jaymie

Guest MissAmy

I never wanted to dress as Wonder Woman or Princess Leia. I would wear them if got outfits for free, but they're are plenty of other characters I'd love to dress as.

I do have to admit, I had thoughts about the slave outfit from RotJ.

I do plan on buying the Salior Mercury costume soon. it's a good thing Salior Moon was so popular.

Guest MissAmy

Some of the other stuff I wanted would be a wedding dress, prom dress, and a french maid outfit; mainly the one from fredricks of hollywood since the style is the sexiest and cutest.

Guest Emily H

ANY cute looking maid from basically any anime artwork or anything.

Cute, girly, fun.

That, and leotards, tutus, old fashioned formal dresses with corsets and ESPECIALLY petticoats.

Especially...well. No especially. So, like some Victorian lady, like cute anime girls, and like a ballerina. I have the body for none of those.

~Andrea

Guest ChloëC

Well, since you asked, back when Lynda Carter was Wonder Woman, I thought about that costume(but not with any of the other actresses). Some time ago, I always liked Judy Garland's portrayal of Dorothy Gale. But the main character would be Marilyn Monroe's character's dress and everything in the 'Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend' number from Gentlemen Prefer Blonds. The pink strapless dress with the bow, the pink opera length gloves, all the jewelry.

Chloë

Guest ChloëC

Oh, Andrea,

Actually, I think few of us have the bodies of the girls that model those outfits. That's why there are closed doors and open imaginations. ;)

Chloë

Guest MissAmy
ANY cute looking maid from basically any anime artwork or anything.

Cute, girly, fun.

That, and leotards, tutus, old fashioned formal dresses with corsets and ESPECIALLY petticoats.

Especially...well. No especially. So, like some Victorian lady, like cute anime girls, and like a ballerina. I have the body for none of those.

~Andrea

Sorry to hear that, I'm glad I was born naturally slim though. I forgot about ballerina, I need to get me a nice pink dress and a tutu.

• Admin

Almost any of the classic dresses from the Academy Awards show. Black and long, preferably.

You know me, a classic broad for sure! :P

Carolyn Marie

Guest ~Brenda~

There are many women's styles that I would love to wear, but I am not there yet. Basically, styles tailored for very shapely women are still out of my reach. I think you know what I mean :)

Love

Brenda

Guest Anna_Banana
I always wanted to dress up like Sailor Mecury from Sailor Moon. She's so cute.

220pxsailormerkur01.jpg

I wish I:

1.) Didn't have leg hair shadow (after shaving) so I could show my legs off that much.

and

2.) Didn't have erroneous equipment that prevented me from wearing mini-skirts.

Grr... *dreams on*

-Anna

Guest Melanie N

I'm still hunting for that perfect "little black dress". My legs are shapely and shave well and my feet would look great in a pair of strappy black heels with dark blood red toes. I'm always on the lookout for that perfect dress to pull off the sophisticated cocktail party look...but nothing has been right yet.

Guest Joanna Phipps
Geez......

I always wanted to dress like Mae West in ANY of her films....

"Why don't ya come up an see me sometime......?"

LOL

Donna Jean

is that a banana in your pocket or are ya just glad to see me :P

Guest darlene lynn

I tend to dress like Aunt bea from the show Mayberry RFD now that shows my age and my comfort level. So I would love to dress in a seguined formal dress

Guest BeardedMan

Holly Golightly (Audrey Hepburn) from Breakfast at Tiffany's. Cute and sexy at the same time.

And while it's true that many of us don't have the bodies (shape, hair, skin color, etc.) for these fantasy models, many women don't either. So don't sweat it - we all do what we can. The important part is feeling good and having fun!

-- Beard

Guest rachael1
This might show my age a little but I always wanted to dress up as Wonder Woman (I used to pretend I was Wonder Woman when I was young) or Princess Lea...p.s. the Sailor Moon outfit is adorable!

Hugs

Jaymie

Me too!

I wanted to be Wonder Woman when I was little. I guess that isn't quite the question you asked so to get back on track I would like to wear an Elizabethan Gown complete with Farthingale and corset. I would need a couple of maids to help me dress and it would be pretty hard to breathe and move around but Oh So Elegant. :D

Rachael

Guest ChloëC

I was watching E! (or one of those mind candy cable networks) last night and they had one of those top 10 or top 25 lists and this one was the top sexiest science fiction women characters on TV (just a tad too specific, but well).

And the top two just happened to be two of my favorite TV dress-up role models. #2 was Jeri Ryan as 7 of 9 (Star Trek:Voyager) and #1 was Lynda Carter as Wonder Woman.

I have to admit I always get a kick when the narrator says something to the effect that these women were in the imagination of most 12 year old boys. They were in mine sometimes for that reason but mostly for a completely different one.

Ah, those images!

Chloë

Guest Charlene_Leona

I was given an antique wedding dress (1908) shortly after I started my transition I could fit in it at the time but can't now. I plan on getting married in that dress, it's so beautiful!

Guest Krystyna_Marie

Okay, I guess this shows how far I've come in the past year . . . I've been kind of fixated on Trinity in the Matrix Reloaded, especially in her assault on the Agents' building where Morpheus was being held in TM, and the motorcycle highway scene in reloaded. I don't have a Ducati, but I did just order a made to measure leather "catsuit" on Ebay this week, it will be here in about a month. I totally can't wait until the weather's just right, and I can slip on the suit, some breast forms to fill it out properly, some high-heeled boots, and go for a two-wheel ride en femme, leather-fetish style.

I've looked at, and even tried on some party dresses at Marshall's, but haven't yet found the right one (best time to go is after the New Years' holiday, when they get the remainder shipments in - I like being girly just as much as getting leathered up :^) I'll write when the suit comes in, hopefully I did all the measuring correctly!!

Kisses, KM

I have it all except the shoes... Size 14 in Ladies shoes is almost impossible to find....When you do it is usually with rediculously high heels ( I am 6'2" B4 the elevation)... Have always liked boots... especially western style... Goes well with Denim... I don't dress all that feeme....Not cause I don't want to.... But because you Have to do what the other women do to fit in... One thing I have learnt is not to treat Clothes like a competition with genetic Females, they get really Catty and nasty.... If you let them win... they feel sorry for you and invite you into the sisterhood.... Well that is the theory anyways.... AND SO far it has worked for me.

Regards, Tiff.